[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to consider drug use a red flag in dating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (25 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
25 KB, 240x320
Is it wrong of me to instantly red flag anyone who uses recreational drugs in dating? I'm just baffled by how people cannot see the massive problem they are causing in today's society, and the fact that their dollars literally supports violence that kills innocent people every day (all the cartels in Mexico just being one example), and think they are immoral as fuck. But maybe it isn't so clear cut as that. Do you have any advice?
>>
Everything after the first sentence in your post is itself a red flag for anyone who would date you.
>>
>>16491198
I agree with this.
>>
>>16491193
You shouldn't change your standards to be with someone. You accept it or don't.
>>
>>16491193
A lot of people are unaware of the consequences of their consumption. And unless you yourself are extremely conscious of every purchase you make (e.x. you don't buy clothing or electronics made in sweatshops), you're a massive hypocrite
>>
Don't date drug users, they're scum.
>>
>>16491214

That might be the worst analogy ever used on 4chan.
>>
>>16491193
This has to be bait.
>>
>>16491221
how so?
>>
>>16491198
This.

Not all drug users are degenerates and you kinda just blindly shit all over every one of them with a broad and inaccurate blanket statement. When you say recreational, that makes me think strictly marijuana. You had a good point with it being a waste of money but then shat all over it by saying it supported violence. It usually supports some white guy buying video games then after that some middle aged white dude to buy his kids clothes and put food on their tables.

But hey see >>16491210
>>
>>16491215
My gf takes aspirin sometimes. I'm going to break up with her unless she quits.
>>
File: deadmexicanchild.jpg (28 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
deadmexicanchild.jpg
28 KB, 500x247
>>16491227

How is it bait? If you buy heroin or crack in the Southwest US and even elsewhere, you are literally directly supporting the cartels that kill dozens of innocent Mexicans a week.

Pic related, this is what you druggie fucks cause.
>>
Is it wrong of me to red flag people who drink soup from a thermos in dating?
>>
>>16491237

Recreational drugs include any sort of drug you take for recreational purposes.

Also, much of the weed here is controlled by Mexican gangs and cartels. It's not just some white dude playing videogames.
>>
The reason why the War on Drugs is a major problem is because of ignorant people like you, OP. Drug use is not a red-flag. Even dependency or additional can be very situational. Now, if someone was abusing drugs, then it's a different story. There are plenty of people who use drugs recreationally and remain completely functional. You just don't know because they are probably not trying to make a big deal out of it.

Now, if your date was on recreational drugs during a first date, I'd say that's a red-flag. Otherwise, give them a chance and learn a thing or two.
>>
>>16491257
>addiction
>>
>>16491254
You're only looking at half the picture. What about all the idiots in this country who vote to keep marijuana illegal? There's no valid reason for it to be a controlled substance, and if the ban were lifted all of those cartel guys would be out of business overnight.
>>
>>16491246
A. You can't prove that the drugs you're using come from the cartels.

B. You have to use caution honestly, someone who smokes once a month and doesn't let it interfere with their life aren't in the same category as those who miss work so they can shoot heroin. Use judgement.
>>
>>16491246
Take your shit to /pol/. Mexicans kill mexicans, it isn't Whitey doing it.
>>
>>16491214
this
>>
>>16491193
Simple answer, if it bothers you that much, it's a red flag. Find someone that doesn't use drugs and be happy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.