[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I started chatting a lot with a girl at work. I ended up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1445484485502.jpg (134 KB, 788x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445484485502.jpg
134 KB, 788x1000
So I started chatting a lot with a girl at work.

I ended up falling really hard for her.

I basically confessed to her and she said "No, we can't be together."

She continued trying to chat with me at work, but I was really heartbroken, so I told her I didn't want to keep talking with her.

We basically avoided each other for a while after that.

Recently though, I've found that she's staring at me a lot.

Not in a shy way. Where if I look at her, she looks away or something. No. In a kind of aggressive way. Where if I catch her staring at me, she'll stare back at me hard and refuse to break eye contact.

And it happens a lot. Multiple times a day.

Wtf is this.
>>
She likes your attention. She just doesn't like you romantically.
>>
>>16490668
Bingo.
>>
>>16490668

This. She knows starting a relationship with a coworker is a bad idea and so enjoys the attention you gave her and might be even fucking with you.

The fact that you know someone likes you gives you power over someone else. Look away and don't try anything but be polite.
>>
>>16490661

You've pissed her off, and rightfully so. You don't really get to just tell her "I don't want to speak with you anymore," she's your coworker. It doesn't matter that you got rejected and you feel bad about it - that's your own business, and it's the risk you take when you ask out your coworker. If you're not capable of being polite and civil after a rejection, you shouldn't bring your romantic life into the workplace.

As it is, you're just being rude. Imagine if one of your coworkers, who you interact with daily, just said "I don't want to be speaking with you anymore." It's not a HUGE deal, but it's not cool. It's not her fault you caught feelings. Learn to handle yourself.
>>
She might want to still be your friend. The fact you broke all contact with her just because she doesn't like you romantically is a huge boundary to get over though...
>>
OP here.

>>16490668
>>16490674
>>16490677

That sounds accurate.

>>16490684

It was more that I told her I didn't want to spend like 30 min chatting about the weekend or something everyday, not that I couldn't be polite and discuss work things with her.

Is that really so bad?
>>
>>16490724

It's rude, yeah. For all your talk of heartbreak, it basically boils down to "If you're not gonna fuck me, there's no reason for us to get to know each other." That might be honest, but you don't just say it to someone when you still have to see them at work every day.

I don't think the other posters have it right. I don't think she's giving you signals that she wants your attention. I think your original gut instinct, that she was being "aggressive," was correct. She's pissed off that you said you didn't want to be friends anymore after she turned you down.

Again - if you don't have the maturity to take a rejection and be cool afterwards, you shouldn't be asking out your co-workers.
>>
>>16490750
Not Opie but
>If you're not gonna fuck me, there's no reason for us to get to know each other
what other reason could there possibly be for talking to a girl. Don't girls know that?
>>
>>16490661
who cares, stop looking at her and delude yourself into thinking you dont give a fuck about her

whenever she pops up in your head just think 'lol dont care'

immature as fuck but it works
>>
>>16490750

I told her that I didn't want to keep talking like two months ago.

It was only last week that she started staring at me.

Before that, it was more like she felt sorry for me.
>>
Tell her more about what you feel. Express your explicit deepest darkest intentions originating from how amazing she will feel after you are through with her .
>>
>>16490770
ah damn, then she must have realised her mistake, I'm sure she's burning with passion towards you

not really, she just realised you are a dick
>>
>>16490770

As I said before keep communication to a minimum and just ignore. Eventually she will be bored and not do this anymore. Don't make any assumptions at all because you already got your heart ripped out.
>>
>>16490770

Are you still being cold towards her, though? Or have you gone back to being friendly? Because honestly it shouldn't take you two fucking months to get over a rejection like this. It wasn't like a bad breakup, you were never together, she just declined to a date.

If you're still keeping up your "I don't want to talk" thing after all this time, then yeah, she's pissed at you. She gave you some time to get over it, but enough is enough.
>>
>>16490780

Are you fucking with OP's head, or are you really this daft?
>>
>>16490773
>>16490774

Okay, okay. Jesus, guys. I'll try to ignore it and move on with my life.

I'm sorry for asking you guys for advice about someone staring at me.

>>16490787

No, not really. In fact, we had just started chatting again in the days before she started staring at me. I felt okay with it.
>>
>>16490791

What's stupid about it?
>>
>>16490799

We deal with real problems, not a person staring at you. Smarten the fuck up OP.
>>
op you're getting trolled by both the girl and posters trying to read her mind through your posts.

if she does that shit ask if she needs anything or if anything is wrong, be concrete. Try to shut off your rationalization of the situation don't overthink it too much
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.