[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tell the difference between infatuation, love, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
How do you tell the difference between infatuation, love, or something in between? I need to figure out where I am.
>>
File: love.png (62 KB, 625x739) Image search: [Google]
love.png
62 KB, 625x739
Image familiar.
>>
File: 6801131-love-wallpaper.jpg (817 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
6801131-love-wallpaper.jpg
817 KB, 1600x1000
>>16490622
This isn't true.
>>16490543
Infatuation is more like an obsession.
Something in between is just like liking someone. You like them, but you don't feel anything more. You wouldn't go out of your way for them. You simply like their attention.
Love makes you feel like everything is right. Everything fits into place. Love makes you a better person for that person you love. You think about that person all the time, but it's something different than infatuation. It's not a need to obsess over them like infatuation, it's a want to obsess over them.
>>
>>16490622
Wtf is this broscience
>>
>>16490543

Infatuation: You'd rather be around a specific person than do anything else. They occupy your thoughts and motivate your actions. In your eyes, they can do no wrong.

Love: This is grown and maintained; solidified with time + effort + discomfort + CHALLENGE + a whole bunch of other unfun shit. Love is not how you feel when you're happy, it's what you do when the shit hits the fan. Love is a self-imposed obligation to someone because you simply decided to commit to them.

In-between: These can be actions you do out of curiosity (seeing where it goes, enjoying the experience), FEAR (fear of losing someone, fear of losing yourself, fear of being unwanted/inadequate), or just hornyness (just wanting someone on a sexual level and nothing more.)

Hope that helps.
>>
I see potential ITT
>>
>>16490543
Since you're an anon, it's probably infatuation. Hopefully it won't turn into obsession.
>>
>>16490648
>>16490622 Is a definition for the terms love, affection and infatuation based on the asumption that by love we mean allowing ourselves to be harmed for others. A definition itself can neither be wrong nor right, it's simply an attempt to express someone's understanding of a certain concept. You could chose to disagree with it, but that doesn't invalidate it.
>>
>>16490727
I'm already in a relationship with her and have been for a relatively long time.
>>
>>16490771
To love doesn't automatically mean to allow yourself to harm yourself.
In fact, if you are deeply convinced of something, there can be no such thing as a harmful action to you metaphorically
>>
>>16490792
Then what the fuck is the problem?
>>
>>16490904
My feelings are changing and getting more intense day by day for her and I want to be sure I'm not getting ahead of myself.
>>
CRUSH: you like them, but they dont know you like them. or they know

INFACTUATION: you love them but its not resiprecated.

LOVE: where you love them and the feeling is mutual and resiprecated.

OBSESSIVE LOVE: where you love them but if they left you it would cause you physical pain and or its not resiprecated
>>
>>16490543
Infatuation: you "love" the idea/idealistic side of someone based on a fantasy or concept you have of them. This fades away over time and in some cases the mind tries to keep alive the feelings that come with this illusion so you think you're in it for the long run.

Love: full acceptance of the person PLUS want/willingness to invest in them emotionally/physically/mentally all at once. Love takes actual work to keep alive. Not hard work, but it's not as effortless as the media and others would have you think.
>>
Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.