[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My 13 year old neice has a really bad habit of constantly singing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: voTI8zY.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
voTI8zY.gif
2 MB, 480x270
My 13 year old neice has a really bad habit of constantly singing and dancing.

She's good at singing but she constantly feels the need to do it and it gets annoying. She'll even try to belt when she gets up in the morning and others are sleeping.

When others catch her and tell her to stop singing, she gives the excuse that she wasn't singing just saying certain words a certain way.

She's been like this for the past 5 or so years. She's in a lot of performance arts programs so her parents aren't suppressing her talent, just she's constantly doing it all the time which is annoying. We tell her to stop but she just says "she can't help it"

What causes a child want to constantly sing or dance? It almost seems compulsive at this point but I have never heard of compulsive singing.

I ask this because she is here for the weekend and it's driving me fucking insane.
>>
>What causes a child want to constantly sing or dance?

happiness?
>>
Just deal with it, you big baby.
I know women like that, some who are in their early twenties. It's just how they act. I think it's cute.
How would you feel if women were bugging you about where you leave your clothing, that you don't lower the toilet seat, that you spend too much time on the PC etc?
Don't be a nagging cunt. Let her be herself.
>>
>>16489368
This.

Why do you think that this is something you should suppress? It may be annoying, but she's a kid. Everything kids do is annoying. She just hasn't learned how to manage this kind of behavior in front of people yet.
>>
Just tell her that if she sings too much she'll lose her voice forever.
>>
>>16489371
Fuck off dude, it's not cute for a grown as woman.
>>
>>16489405
Yeah. REAL MEN like fat ugly feminists who hate life and don't shave. DOWN WITH THE PATRIARCHY! Am I right?
What, you like fun women who enjoy life and don't have a care in the world? What are you, a cis gendered heteronormative male pig oppressor?
>>
kill yourself my man
>>
>>16489411
What the hell is wrong with you? Women are either autistic Disney princesses or fat ugly tumblr feminists. Christ dude
>>
>>16489418
So anything cute and any sign of the girl enjoying life is ''disgusting male patriarchical Disney Princess male fantasy'', right?
I get you, man. We wouldn't want women to act the way Disney thought women should act. These tropes vs women are dangerous. We wouldn't want women to be happy fun loving cuties.
I am with you man, 100%. I go to tumblr too just like you, bro of unknown gender.
>>
>>16489405
She doesn't exist to be cute. Learn to let others be happy you sour puss.
>>
>>16489427
Why are you projecting so hard and putting words in my mouth
>>
>>16489432
When did I even imply that
>>
>all these tumblrwhales saying it is ok
it's not
as someone who still does this, it's autistic as hell and ive lost friends and significant others over it
>>
>>16489441
I am having some fun because you come off as a grumpy old man who can't deal with young people being happy and enjoying themselves in a non-degenerate way.
When I was a kid my parents had to worry about me drinking and using drugs, while you're worrying about a little girl who likes singing.
I mean, come the fuck on, man. Does this not seem silly to you? Does me mocking you not ring any bells?
>>
>>16489452
>boohoo I lost friends because I sing :(
I highly doubt that. If you lost your friends there must be a really good reason for it.
>>
>>16489483
I'm not OP, I'm 19. You're acting like a brat
I have no idea why this bothers you so much
>>
>>16489486
>your struggles are forfeit because they don't agree with my point
ok man because you somehow have more experience then i do
>>
>>16489492
What the fuck are you even talking about?
I am making fun of people who are bothered by these non-issues, and you ask me why this bothers me? Why does it bother YOU?
You and OP are the ones being bothered here by stupid shit.
>>
>>16489500
Cause it's pretty annoying , it's not like the niece is 6 either .
>>
Well... you're the fucking adult and you can tell her what to do. If she doesn't, that's when you roll out punishments.
>>
>>16489504
>i hate seeing people have fun and enjoy themselves

This is you.
>>
>>16489515
Jesus, fuck off to tumblr.
>>
>>16489519
That irony
>>
>>16489526
Yeah because raising your child to have a victim complex as bad as yours is great.
>he honestly thinks the tumblr feminists were mature and quiet at 13
>he thinks the children detached from reality and belting out singing in the early hours at fucking 13 don't grow into tumblr feminists
Get her music lessons and she'll tire herself out and actually learn something.
Case closed, stop being butthurt.
>>
>>16489536
She's already in performing arts. Let her have her fun, the real world will stifle that carefree attitude soon enough. You don't have to be the one to do it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.