[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me 21 year old female, 7 months pregnant> Boyfriend 20 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x480
Me 21 year old female, 7 months pregnant>
Boyfriend 20 years old>
We live with his parents>
We are a super happy couple and love each other very deeply>
Boyfriend is a DJ and works at a department store>
Has only ever drank alcohol once before last night> his father and grandfather are alcoholics>
Last night he DJ-ed at a gig where the owner of the bar offered him drinks. He drank 6 jack and coke>
Luckily his father was there and called me to pick him up.
I didn't talk to him all the way home even though he kept asking me to. When we got home I told him I didn't recognize him and cried. He apologized and I told him to go to sleep and we would talk about it in the morning.

How do I should I handle this so that he never does it again? I don't want him to end up like his dad. I'm really worried :/
>>
>>16489043
You don't be a bitch and talk to him. Alcoholism isn't genetics. Putting a stigma on it just makes it worst.

Grow up and deal with it like an adult
>>
>>16489043
>owner of the car offers 20 year old 6 drinks

this is such b8, that bar could easily lose its liquor license for doing such
>>
>>16489043
He won't end up like him. No one knows how much they can take for the first time. Now he knows.
>>
>>16489047
Chances are that this is the answer. But he should be particularly concerned.

There IS a greater-than-average tendency for the children of alcoholics to become alcoholics. The jury is still out as to whether this is genetic or learned behavior - that is, growing up in the presence of drinking could predispose someone to turn to that as an escape. It's not predetermined, like an inherited disease, but a leaning in that direction.

Let's hope that the one bad experience is enough to lean him in the other direction.
>>
>>16489046
This
>>
>>16489043
It was just one time. Let him live a little. Dudes not going to go his entire life without drinking just because his dad and grandpa can't handle their shit. Talk to him with some respect and don't make him feel shame for having some drinks, that could put a strain on your relationship. Last thing you want to do is make him feel controlled and then have him snap and start binge drinking after a fight you guys will inevitably have.
>>
>>16489043

I'd be more concerned that he has a girlfriend who has his child posting pictures in her underwear online for strangers if I'm honest.
>>
>>16489752
You do know it's not uncommon for pregnant girls to post pictures like that to show their progress in their pregnancy, right? Do you not know normal people or something?
>>
>>16489752
Prude. Possibly virgin. Even if that is OP in the pic, it's incredibly tame.
>>
Sounds like you're starting to become part of the white trash
>>
>>16489759
>>16489754
On an anonymous image board known for weirdos that jerkoff to this shit, posting your relationship problems along with a picture of you in your underwear is pretty seedy in itself.

I bet you he isn't going on 4chan posting about his shit relationship while showing his abs for no reason. I'll be this relationship lasts 3 years before she's a babymama without her babydaddy in the picture.
>>
>>16489046
doesn't mean it's bait

ive worked at several restaurants, and about a third out of ten offered me drinks knowing i was 18, 19, 20.

chances of a cop or inspector coming in at closing time/late at night and proceeding to ID everyone there is real low.
>>
File: the-pacific.jpg (51 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
the-pacific.jpg
51 KB, 333x500
So his parents are gonna care for you two and your baby? Just curious.
>>
>>16489046
OP might as well be European and alcohol legal age is 18 in EU, in some parts even 16.
>>
File: flip-flop-feet.jpg (88 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
flip-flop-feet.jpg
88 KB, 615x345
>>16489770
again see >>16489754

It's 2015, it's fairly common for regular girls to post pics of their pregnancy progress on the internet. There's nothing sexual about it unless you want there to be. People jerk off to pictures of feet. By your dumbass logic, someone posting a picture with their feet in it would be seedy.

>which flip flops should I buy?
>HOLY SHIT THAT IS A SEED PIC!
>ppl are gonna jerk it to that!
>>
>>16489043
You don't inherit alcoholism from your parrents. It's a thing you develop yourself. My dad was an alcoholic, RIP. I have no issues with drinking. I like to drink with friends and family only to loosen up and be more cheerful, not to get fucked up, never had the urge. Don't worry so much. If it was his first time drinking, it makes sense that he was acting weird. I consuming alcohol when I was 19. Until I was 20 I got wasted from the first two glasses of whiskey, now (22) I can easly drink whiskey (without coke) and not get drunk and just have a good time.

tl;dr Let him drink, but only on special occasions -birthdays, holidays, etc.
>>
>>16489902
There is research that links a genetic predisposition to alcoholism.

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-use-disorders/genetics-alcohol-use-disorders
>>
>>16489046
In Canada the legal drinking age is 18.
>>
>>16489046
Not every country in the world follows 'Merican rules. Legal drinking age is 18 in plenty of places.
>>
>>16489762

>21 years old
>pregnant by a fucking 20 year old
>not white trash

Pick all 3
>>
Is your BF black, OP?
>>
>>16489043
nice job getting pregnant way too soon

hope it works out
>>
I like how you say boyfriend and not husband!

Kiss your potential marriage goodbye if you keep trying to control him before he's even 21.

Going to be another single mother on plentyoffish. Damnit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.