[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
re-enlistment after discharge?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1444629539186.jpg (23 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1444629539186.jpg
23 KB, 640x432
Hey guys, so I got my PTSD from trauma that I got when I was a little kid, triggered in basic training. When i came home it was hard for me to go to my unit on the weekends because of panic attacks. I got discharged. But never got my DD214 from my CO. I've been on treatment since I left and I'm over my PTSD. Is it possible that one could re-enlist and go back into the status of active? It was over a year ago. I've been wanting to go back and finish my contract and go for a deployment to get it over and be a police officer. Is it possible one could end up again in the army? I'm not sure what my discharge was, but it definitely isn't dishonorable or less than honorable. I have a feeling is medical, an FDA, or a medical. I've been trying to establish contact with the CO of my last unit. But I'm sure they want no contact with me since I probably placed them in a hell of a lot of paperwork. If I do manage to re-enlist again, do I have to go to basic combat training again? Or do I simply slip into AIT?

I enlisted when I was a junior in highscool, and it was hard for me to adapt to the military life with school, family and other things going on around me, not to mention the Panic attacks themselves.

Thank you in advance guys.
>>
>>16487862
Medical Discharge dumbass

You're not getting back in; You're supposed to get your DD214 before you leave

Fucking army..
>>
>>16487873
Never received it mate, I was told I'd get it mailed. Haven't gotten shit since then.

It was less of a year of service however. You think they'll count it as medical?
>>
>>16487896
with 99% certainty i'm saying its medical

only site i know of is

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/about/feature?feature=military-personnel-file

but you probably don't have DEERS either
>>
>>16487862
No way to get back in, if it was normal medical like a broken bone or occasionally hearing they can give a waiver. But you got discharged for psych, no waiver for you. You have ptsd that can be triggered via a high stress environment regardless of whether your "over" it. You would be a danger to your unit. Not to mention you say you "want to get it over and be a police officer" you don't want a career you just want the benifits and prestige that go with the military so jobs will hire you more easily. Get fucked fag and don't put others at risk because you want a job it's not worth someone elses life
>>
OP I was not in the military but several members of my family were, so take this for whatever you think it's worth: >>16487873 is probably right, you gotta call someone there and just keep pestering the shit out of people until they help you get the paperwork end of it straightened out or at least get some definitive answers as to what's going on and what your options are. Whatever it ends up being will probably end up involvng a lot of red tape, and although I don't have any military experience I do have a lot of experience with red tape of various types. Keep on them til you figure out what you're entitled to and get it.
>>
>>16487919
so much this.. well the polite part

>>16487873
this
>>
>>16487923
He said he didn't finish basic, he is entitled to nothing except the paycheck for when he was there. And since he received a medical discharge for psych, theres no way to reanlist without lying on future paperwork. Which they will find oit and they wont let him in. There is no way for him to enlist
>>
>>16487929
They wont even take him even if he magically sneaks in

all branches are undergoing force reduction
>>
>>16487929
Well then he needs to find out definitively from someone in the army who has some say in it, that that's the case. That is what I'm saying, is that if he's *not* entitled to anything, he needs to be making sure with the army and not asking 4chan.
>>
>>16487929
I actually did finish basic. OP here, I'm at work
>>
>>16487945
That IS that case. Go to the goarmy forums people ask this shit all the time. Medical discharge means no enlistment to any branch without a waiver. Psych cases are not given waivers (depression, if you never took medication can be an exception on rare occasions) he is entitled to nothing but the pay he worked for, to receive any military benefits you need to actually be in the military. To fully be in amd qualify you need to finish basic >>16487941 I know, but he could try. Not like it would work. But hey some people don't know when to accept a no
>>
>>16487959
You did? Did you finish AIT? And when did this ptsd kick in?
>>
op made this shit thread a month or two ago, received the same answers and now unsatisfied with what people said decides to make another. OP you sad sack of shit, get over it you're not capable enough for even the army, stop trying and piss off.
>>
>>16487973
I entered and went to basic during high school. The army couldn't stop my studies so they send me back home after basic. I was supposed to go to AIT at ft. Lee. PTSD started kicking in the week I got back home. It was weird, I couldn't face anybody in uniform and then I'd have nightmares at night of my biological dad torturing me all over again.

>>16487980
Anon, go back to boot camp you boot. Your DIs didn't teach you any personal composure? Shit man I haven't been here in over 2 months about this question. Last time I asked it was 2 months ago. Listen man, I'm trying to fix my civvie ass and get something productive done in my life. Apologies if i cant keep down and not accept that I'm a failure. Jesus christ, I thought marines were all filled up to their asses about improving yourself. I am, quit giving a guy shit for trying to be a better person and get ahead in life.
>>
>>16487873

Well well well, I never figured you were a Armyfag.

MOS?
>>
>>16488001
Lying sack of shit, I'm in highschool enlisting. They put you into delayed entry you can't go to basic until at least three weeks after graduation. Abandon thread. Op is either a lying sack of shit or a complete failure
>>
>>16487970
>>16487929
Also on a side note, I've never taken any form of advantage with my benefits. Never touched my tricare, nor my G.I. Bill and never bothered to any skin for compensation of any kind. I ain't trying to rip the army off anything. Never did. I am not one of those leeches that just go to basic then quit just to get benefits for college.
>>
>>16488009
>>16488009
Jesus fuck man ever heard of army reserves? Never went active, seriously. Now I have a high schooler that hadn't gone to basic giving me shit? Bro go to BCT or Boot camp. You're sounding like the biggest moron on the thread.

>calls OP a liar
>you're in high school
>haven't gone to basic

Kek

Good luck kiddo, I hope the killstreak of your dreams comes true along with all of your other wild CoD dreams bud.
>>
>>16488009

Army Reserve and National Guard do split-option program. Look it up
>>
>>16488030
Nah he's too busy doing keyboard raids on Facebook on the ISIS Facebook pages and al-qaeda support groups on facebook.
>>
>>16488001

You can't call a boot a boot if you're a boot
>>
>>16488001
you need to grow up and accept the reality. then and now people have been telling you exactly whats going to happen. YOU WONT BE GETTING BACK IN. stop being an ignorant cunt refusing to accept the answer people have been giving you.
also
>Anon, go back to boot camp you boot. Your DIs didn't teach you any personal composure?
lol also youre seriously on tout shit like this when you barely finished basic? coming from a new guy its funny, but someone who got kicked out just after basic? youre a fucking joke.
>>
>>16488076
Well shit, I don't know about you but I find it hilarious when a kid in high school talks to down to you about experiences they've never taken part in. I'm not trying to ride a high horse, I'm just knocking some pegs off.

And a previous anon said it himself and he's right. Lemme ask the recruiters, see what they can do. Not a random veteranon on 4chan. I'm high strong on this, trying to fix my life from addictions. Sorry bud, but if you're getting upset and ranting at a guy that's trying to improve himself and do soemthing that can have a positive effect on his life, you need to check your priorities. And that's not a guy trying to ride on the "I have military experience" wagon. I'm riding on the wagon of "life experiences." Calm down.
>>
>>16488124

Not same dude. But it's going to be almost impossible to get back in.

But there are other ways to serve than going into the military. Go look into Police, Fire, EMS, or Federal Government jobs
>>
>>16488169
Thanks a lot anon, I am. Im sending my application to the Police department tomorrow.
>>
>>16488203
Yeah do that. You won't get back in the military. But doing Police is a good way to serve as well
>>
>>16488001
you sound delusional desu i am glad you won't be getting back in, it would be bad for you
>>
>>16488203
Why the fuck would the police want to hire someone with ptsd? Are you that fucking retarded? Do you not understand that it makes you look 100x worse? Why give anyone a gun and authority over others with fucking ptsd? Go have a little bitch episode about your dad raping you, you weak cunt
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.