[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any careers out there that don't suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: DD.jpg (76 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
DD.jpg
76 KB, 1280x1024
Am 23 year old guy. Was wondering if there are any careers out there that are actually enjoyable.

Pretty much looking for something where I won't end up as the typical, mindless, wage slave when I get older.
>>
Also 23.

What are you interested in? What I might find enjoyable might be totally different from what you enjoy.

I enjoy video editing and filmmaking, so I'm going to school for that. I plan on getting a job as a videographer or even as a teacher of film/video when I get out. I've enjoyed it every step of the way.

Think about what you like to do, and go for that.
>>
>>16487172
little late in the game to just now start thinking about careers
>>
>>16487183

This is not true. People change careers all the time.

OP, just try to figure out something you're passionate about. It may not pay well, but you won't hate your life. I was working at Denny's until I figured out I wanted to work with animals. I do wildlife rehab and am about to transfer to UC to major in marine bio.
>>
>>16487192
its very true
>>
>>16487193

why even live if ever opportunity you'll ever have for a career is before 23

how does anyone pay their bills

how do job openings exist if everyone keeps one job forever
>>
>>16487183
I changed careers at 25 after doing the same shit for 8 years. Really it was more like actually getting into a career because the previous 8 years I was just stuck doing what I did for a long time. I'm 29 now by the way. So not only did I think about a real career but I actually changed careers at 25 to something more lucrative.

Don't be an idiot, idiot.
>>
>>16487201
>>16487205

Shut the fuck up you know full well that's not what I said.
Idiots.
>>
>>16487207
There's no way you can spin what you said into us misinterpreting it. You flat out made a stupid remark. It's okay. No need to project your shortcomings and inability to do something with your life.
>>
I'm 26 now and i've been doing part/full time masonry for 10 years now, there are days where i would rather pull an hero than go to work but somedays it's the most awesome job in the world. every job has bad days, but if the good days are good enough any job could be the best career for you. everyone is just going to say try and find a career you love to do, but no one loves work, but it can be super satisfying if you find something you are good at.
>>
>>16487220
oh shut up
get some basic reading comprehension, that's not what i said at all
>>
File: Stahp.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Stahp.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>
>>16487237
>little late in the game to just now start thinking about careers

What is there to comprehend about that statement? That you are fucking dimwit? Please, you said something asinine and not true at all. Like I said, there's no way you can spin it to make it seem like I misinterpreted you. Anyway you put those words together you sound like an idiot because it's not true.

Now if you meant something else maybe you should have elaborated instead of making a short, and completely false, statement.
>>
>>16487254
it is true though
he's 23 and just now thinking about getting a job
#wow
>>
>>16487254
changing careers is different from having thoughts about a career

take it from someone who has a career, 23 is pretty late to start thinking about one
>>
>>16487226
This. Work is work, even in your dream job you're going to have shitty days where you just want to stay home but have to go in anyways. That is the nature of things
>>
>>16487272
this is a lie
>>
I'm not a total bum. I do have a job, albeit a crummy part time warehouse job.
>>
>>16487266
>>16487266

It's not impossible to do it though, and that's my point. The guy who is saying it's too late to think about careers is so wrong. People do it all the time. It just takes dedication and some luck. I'll be honest, mostly luck.

Like I said, I changed careers at 25. I started working in restaurants at 17 because I needed a job. I eventually worked my way up to management positions. I never choose that career path it just happened. When I was 25 I got tired of it and decided I didn't want to work in restaurants the rest of my life. So at that time I not only started to actually think about a career but I actually switched careers into the gas/oil industry. I've been doing this for almost 4 years now.

You should never sell yourself short.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.