[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Become acquainted with attractive coworker >Small talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: friend-zone-460x460.jpg (28 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
friend-zone-460x460.jpg
28 KB, 460x460
>Become acquainted with attractive coworker
>Small talk for 6 months
>She breaks up with her boyfriend of 2 years
>I'm the only single guy at work not chasing her it seems
>She finds out through grapevine I'm attracted to her
>I never really make a move because of awkwardness
>Few months go by, occasional small talk in breakroom throughout
>She starts inviting me out with her and her female friend for drinks and to hang out at her roommate's place with them
>We all have a great time but...
>In front of me she discusses to her friend all the men who have been hitting on her
>It secretly makes me jealous but i conceal it
>She never makes a move on me and I never make a move on her
>Yet she tells her friend (who is also my friend) she loves whenever I'm around

Am I friend-zoned? Is there any point in even trying to make a move at this point?
>>
File: 362499.jpg (51 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
362499.jpg
51 KB, 460x460
nope.. you got "unattractive and boring"-zoned..
>>
FUUUUUUUUUUCK THE FRIEND ZONE.

All I have to say is, be yourself, don't be cool and turn life into a competition.

>this is me
>like it or not
>>
What in the fuck.

No you aren't friendzoned, you're a fucking coward and a beta and you're kuking yourself.
Just fucking fuck her already. Jesus fuck.

P.S. Good job on concealing it. It's called a shit test. Once you realise every woman on the planet does this, no matter what kind of relationship you got, you'll find the whole thing rather amusing. (It's a sign that they actually like you, but they want you to man the fuck up.)

Fuck you.
>>
You're not gonna figure out unless you try.

As a matter of fact :

>26 years old
>New coworker arrives, mid thirties, really cute
>Greet her, start talking to her every now and then. She's been placed right beside me, so might as well start knowing her, at least to be polite.
>Crush on her pretty damn hard, she's amazing
>Have a feeling she's also interested, but she's giving these "mixed signals"
>Asked her out

And I got a date with her next week. You won't know you got friendzoned if you don't try anything, idiot.

"Friendzoned" doesn't exist anyway, either she's always (at least slightly) considered you as a potential mate, or the thought never crossed her mind.
>>
>>16487189
I don't get shit tests.
I get that when women talk about shit like how many men hit on them, and that kind of stuff they are testing you, but what the fuck am I supposed to do? It just makes me feel awkward and not like them anymore.
Why the fuck are they doing this?
Usually when I get shit tested I just say ''NOPE'' and leave.
>>
>>16487206

Wtf? Op do not listen to this clown. Just because he got a date, he thinks he is hot shit. You never work date coworkers. I don't want to bore you with the details but you could be fired if not have a sexual harassment suit filed on your ass.

Stomach those feeling for another girl because this will blow up in your face.
>>
>>16487189

Go back to the redpill you fag.
>>
File: kingPeng.gif (23 KB, 357x287) Image search: [Google]
kingPeng.gif
23 KB, 357x287
>>16487222
>sexual harassment suit filed on your ass.

For asking someone out for dinner/drinks?

Okay champ. Maybe you should take your beta ass outta here.
>>
>>16487230

You moron I am talking about if things don't work out and the workplace becomes very awkward between you two. I seen it happen to a buddy of mine and will preach to don't shit where you eat. Thousands of girls in your city and you idiots want to ask out a girl you work with.
>>
>>16487208
Let me explain.

It's biologically driven. Females want strong males. In prehistoric times one would perhaps club each other over the head, but times have changed. Males are overall very polite to eachother. But females still need to sort out who the strong ones are, and it's down to confidence...

They might challenge your confidence by talking about your competition. Another way of doing it, is talking about your appearance or behaviour. There's no limit to what females pay attention to, so the general rule of thumb is to be prepared for anything, by means of programming your character to not give a shit about anything critizising your person, and rather take a humourous stance at any attempts. If a woman tells you you're too short, tell her that you're some kind of magical midged spawned to amuse her with your amazingly fast running abilities. She'll instantly forget about your height, and start to admire your wit. You will have passed a shit test.
The other night I was at a house party, wearing red socks, and the girl I was talking to said something about my socks looking silly. I said, well at least they stand out in a crowd. Her response was that well, I guess they're pretty cool.

Don't take it personally. Don't blame'em , they can't help it. And furthermore, be grateful, they only shit test the ones that actually have a chance. See it at a sign of interest.

Laugh it off. Say something smart, and act as if it doesn't affect you. You will pass in an instant. She might continue, but if you keep up your game, you'll both be thinking it's rather amusing. You will have won her respect and admiration, and you can continue to build attraction.
>>
>>16487222
>You never work date coworkers.

A few of my friends have mentioned this to me, regardless of how I feel about her.

Oh course their reasoning is ruining a good work relationship or the thought of spending 40 hours a week with a rejection/ex as absolute turmoil.
>>
>>16487243
>You moron I am talking about if things don't work out and the workplace becomes very awkward between you two.

Except that's not what your first post conveyed, at all.

I understand there's a risk.

As long as OP is aware of them, I don't see where the problem is.

Besides, that's not what OP asked.
He's wondering if he got "friendzoned", which he'll never know if he stays passive.

Whether he wants to pursue this story further is none of our business.
>>
>>16487255
I get those shittests that make some sense like making fun of height or your red socks, it's this OP type of shit test that I don't get.
When a woman talks about how Chad and Brad hit on her it doesn't make me insecure or start going ''OH, I NEED TO SHOW HOW DOMINANT I AM!!!''. It just makes me feel disgusted and less attracted to the woman.
>>
>>16487150
Fucking this, friendzone is a made up concept beta guys use to mask their insecurities and women use to let guys down gently which doesn't work because it gives the guy a grain of hope that will burn brightly once more when girls should really just say I don't like you.

How I know this? I was a teenager once and a pretty fucking stupid one.
>>
>>16487274
The point of the shit test is to see if you're affected or not. It doesn't matter what she test is. If you're listening to the woman talking about guys hitting on her, and you just sit there with a sad face and make up an excuse to leave, you'll fail. If you continue the conversation as if this was information on par with the woman telling you that she just bought some new plants for her livingroom, and keep at acting like a great guy to hang around, you will pass.

Be a great guy. Always. Don't try to figure things out, because all shit tests are the same. If you feel disgusted by the fact that the woman is attractive to males who actually try and hit up, then your priorities are in the wrong. If she was your exclusive girlfriend, you would think it was cool that other guys find her attractive. You're only insecure, because you're insecure. Stop it.
>>
>>16487265

No he will pursue because I know how /adv/ likes to be aggressive.

Listen a rule of thumb is to be polite but not nice to the women you work with. Keep some distance from them and maintain a solid coworker relationship with no chance of a relationship

OP forget this question and don't fuck things up. Maintain the status quo mate.
>>
>>16487300
> sit there with a sad face and make up an excuse to leave
That's retarded.
Usually when I pick up on that kind of stuff I ignore it, and make a mental note to not go out with the woman again.
I don't want to ''pass'' this kind of shit. Do these women never even think that while they are doing their tests on me, I am doing my own ''tests''? Like the ''don't talk about dudes hitting on you trying to get a response out of me'' test.
The last time I got shittested like this it was a pretty cool girl who would always get hit on by everyone, she was basically asking for it. Just seems sluty and disgusting to me, and the men who hit on her were like 5'5 ugly dudes. I am not fighting over scraps with socially awkward lil dudes, because it's obvious these kind of women are trouble and they are dealing with some sort of mental issues.
Not all women are like this. I just prefer the ones who are nothing like this.
>>
>>16487333
> I am not fighting over scraps with socially awkward lil dudes, because it's obvious these kind of women are trouble and they are dealing with some sort of mental issues.
>obvious

In fact, you are retarded. A girl is talking about getting hit on, doesn not in any way, shape or form mean that she's fucking these guys. It's just something amusing to her.
I'm guessing that you're the kind of guy who thinks it's something super serious if a girl likes you. If you ever become a better version of yourself, you might consider the fact that being single and out and about is just a bit of fun for everyone involved. It doesn't mean that eveyone's a slut.

If I was with a girl, and she started "complaining" about being hit on, I would have a slight smile on my face, because i would know that she wants the same from me, and she's more interested in seeing what I will do about it, than leaving me behind to recieve the attention she craves from someone else. It's actually quite adorable, and won't affect the kind of relationship you might end up having with the person.

She's not talking about other guys as a reflection of her promiscuousity, but rather she just want to come across as desireable, because she's interested in you.

You think it seems slutty because to believe you're not entitled. You have my permission to end the cycle, and instead enjoy your encounters with wonderful women.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.