[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you convince yourself that you're just as valuable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1080
How do you convince yourself that you're just as valuable as people who have relationships? I'm in my early twenties and I've never had a relationship, that makes me feel really bad about myself
>>
>>16486125

You are probably not. Need to know why you can't/don't get any.
>>
>>16486125
Your time will come when you have someone who gives a shit about whether you are alive or dead. Start branching out slowly but do not rush like everyone else. It will come tho my friend.
>>
>>16486128
I'm trying to be happy, so saying that I'm not as valuable as them isn't really helping.

Please help me to stop feeling depressed
>>
>>16486129
Even if it does come it will come much later than everyone else, meaning I'm inferior to everyone else and not as valuable

I want to feel as good as everyone else
>>
>>16486133
>Please help me to stop feeling depressed

lift
>>
>>16486133

Deluding yourself is counter-productive.

>>16486129

Crawlinggg in my skinnnnn
>>
>>16486139
I lift weights already, although right now I've torn a ligament and I can't so I'm on a break
>>
>>16486140
It's not counter productive if it's going to mean I'll be happy, which is my goal
>>
Whoever V is, she/he is right, if you don't have a relationship while all your friends and peers do, there is something wrong with you and you are obviously not as valuable as them, assuming that you want to be in a relationship, of course.
>>
You should feel bad especially if your a man. But that's ok it's good to feel bad about it. A young man is programmed to feel this way if he isn't getting sex in some way. Like it or not a mans ability to get sex plays a large part in his overall self-esteem.

So you have two options: keep living the way you are; sexless and sad or change what your doing and pursue the opposite sex.

The former is easy and safe life will go on the same as every day, the latter is going to be difficult,confusing, and nauseating especially at first. Your fate is in your own hands, do what you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWbZmg2hzU
>>
>>16486146

lololol which ligament? Not ACL/MCL I hope!

>>16486152

Read on up on Epicurus and his version of hedonism.
>>
>>16486161
I'm not sexless I can go on tinder and have sex with guys

But I've never had a relationship, someone who has feelings for me, cares about me, all of that

I'm just shit.
>>
>>16486129
Don't listen to this person. It will not come, not unless you're very lucky. If you want women you need to pursue women no other way around it.
>>
>>16486167
You prolly are either
>ugly
>boring
Or
>have a shitty character and non-existent personality
>>
>>16486173
I guess I really am low value and should feel bad about it

Thanks anons, I'll go back to crying in bed until I fall asleep
>>
>>16486170
>Don't listen to this person.
pretty much yeah

In my teens everyone kept telling me "oh anon, the right person will come for you one day". Except you know, it didn't. Only when I started to actually force myself to go after girls in my 20ies did I finally have sex for the first time at 24. Took another couple of years before I got my first gf however still.

The good news is however, for men being attractive is at least 50% something you can learn because it's more about attitude and behaviour than mere looks.
>>
Define value. Plenty of influential people never had romantic relationships. What are you spending your time doing instead?
>>
>>16486183

lol like who? Ib4 Tesla. It's unclear whether or not he got laid either. Theory is he was just sterile.
>>
Stop giving men/women too much recognition. They're not a fucking goal.
>>
>>16486219

They are for 99% of the population which isn't doing anything meaningful with their life. Their affection is also generally a by-product of achieving anything meaningful.

While I know what you are saying, it just doesn't apply here.
>>
>>16486183
>Plenty of influential people never had romantic relationships
it's still unhealthy, mentally well individuals don't forgo their human needs for no reason.
>>
>>16486194
Yeah most of them were probably autistic so it didn't bother them, op is bothered so it's different.
>>
>>16486161
how do you even get a relationship if youre a man who still lives with parents? i cant move out its too expensive. i can understand women but how do men who live with their parents have a relationship? i dont see my situation changing for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: IncomeInTheUS.png (74 KB, 1223x477) Image search: [Google]
IncomeInTheUS.png
74 KB, 1223x477
>>16486265

You know your answers are:

1. Sucks to be you.
2. Settle for a desperate hoe.
3. Be alone.
4. Try to get a better job.

You understand this, right? Don't get me wrong - if you look at average incomes in this country, they are laughable, and they depend on a lot of factors that aren't related to you. But, none of that actually helps you.
>>
>>16486279
right. i cant get a better job without a degree which will take years so im stuck here coping with #3 until then. which ive gotten too good at for my own good.
>>
>>16486125
coming from experience - its better to be alone than in an abusive relationship - and you're in a risk of one if you have low self-esteem

take care of yourself, lift, study/work, go out to venues, pursue your interests and it will happen

dont be a thirsty beta, nobody likes that
>>
I know plenty of completely worthless people in relationships
but personally I just think about how much more money I have than them
>>
>>16486125
seeing the bullshit my friends in a relationship have to deal with, im pretty happy not being in one, just enjoying every day, doing what i want, but i do miss something, someone to care about and someone that cares about me,feeling lonely at times.

but i don't have to convince mtyself im just as valuable as they are, because i know that i am, and both our lifestyles have their pro's and con's.
>>
>>16486125
no reason to feel bad about not having been in a relationship, you are still young, it probably will happen eventualy,and when it happens, it is up to you to decide if it makes you a better person.

it probably wont, a relationship is something worth experiencing,but despite the great relationship you have you will start wondering how it would be like if you would be alone.

just as you are now wondering how it would be like to be with someone
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.