[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored with life all the time. I work for a living and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1435426094630.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1435426094630.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
I'm bored with life all the time. I work for a living and on days off or when I get home all I do is sit around and browse the internet or watch tv. I have a few friends I do stuff with but if they are busy then I have nothing.

inb4 drink your problems away anon
>>
>>16485619

Get hobbies that interest you, find a job you actually enjoy, save money and do something fun with it, etc. etc. There are plenty of opportunities to be entertained, if you just get out of the house and do something for a change.
>>
File: irken-smeet2.png (36 KB, 361x268) Image search: [Google]
irken-smeet2.png
36 KB, 361x268
Welcome to life, Irken child
>>
Get a hobby dude. There's plenty of shit to do out there. Learn to draw stuff or take guitar lessons or start going to the gym or whatever. Hell if you're not spending much of that money then start saving it. You can save up and travel to somewhere for the holidays. Or get a kick ass gaming PC. Plenty of shit to do dude.
>>
>>16485622
I've tried to find hobbies to interest me but I can only do them for so long before they get boring. I wish I could find a job I enjoy but there is nothing around here.
>>
>>16485638

Then keep on trying until something feels better. Nothing will change if you just give up thinking "there's nothing out there anyway". Wishing and hoping won't amount to anything, but at least trying gives you half a chance.
>>
>>16485647
I guess I can keep trying but I'm already running out of ideas.
>>
>>16485668

Well, what have you tried so far? We might be able to give suggestions on what to try next.
>>
>>16485690
I've tried drawing but I hate most of what I draw and I try to get better but it never looks good in my eyes. I play guitar and I've gotten a little better here and there but it's nothing I spend my time on too much. I just got back in the groove of saving money after moving out of where I was living so I can actually afford to again. I've even tried playing card games for a hobby and I didn't really like it anymore after a while.
>>
>>16485619
You have no goals.

/thread
>>
>>16485619
Naw don't drink your problems away, anon, simply blow them away with a .50 bullet to your head
>>
>>16485707
Well I do, it's getting another job.
>>
>>16485743
That's a shit goal unless all you want to do is work, eat, and sleep.
>>
>>16485751
honestly I have no idea what other goals to have other than getting a house eventually or something
>>
>>16485761
Life is made up of experiences, it's what makes a person fulfilled. You're asking for advice on how to be fulfilled. Do you see the problem here?

Plan to experience something for once.
>>
So stop making the choice to sit around. Choose to do something difficult instead, like spending what few shreds of energy you have left on more enriching pursuit.
>>
Do more new things, anon.
Take up new hobbies or learn something new.
>>
>>16485774
I have no idea what's out there to experience.
>>
i imagine creating something would be fulfilling or acting, those kinds of people always seem so full of life.
>>
>>16485830
If I was a creative person I would but I have no vision when it comes to that.
>>
>>16485819
Not that Anon, but just look at the pics on the front page of /adv/ right now. Have you personally experienced each of those things? Have you actually seen or interacted with a real penguin? There's a picture of a drink called "New Belgium Pumpkick" further down. Have you tried getting into microbrews? Have you ever been to Colorado? They ski in Colorado; have you ever gone skiing or snowboarding? Shit, have you ever been to Belgium for that matter? Or at least tried their food? I hear they're famous for waffles and fries. When's the last time you had a Belgian waffle? Ever make waffles at home?

Literally just looking at pictures and letting your mind wander should give you ideas for new experiences to last for months, if not years.
>>
>>16485847
They seem like unique experiences but that requires a lot of money also. I've never traveled to another country or been on a plane so that's a thing that I would have to deal with.
>>
>>16485866
Travel is the most expensive thing on that brief list of ideas. Interacting with a penguin can be possible at a local zoo if you're fortunate. If you aren't, fuck it, interact with other animals there instead. Beer is a few bucks. Waffles and fries are about as expensive, and a waffle iron isn't that much more.

Plus the expensive stuff isn't unavailable to you. It's just harder to reach. It'll require some planning and saving. So what? Most everyone does a fair bit of that in life.

The point of the exercise is to get you to start generating big lists of ideas. Even if only a few of them are convenient, it's a few more things that you're not doing right now. You'll come to find that keeping your eyes shut and pretending like there are no new ideas to be had is a choice, not a fact of life.
>>
>>16485619
>I have a few friends I do stuff with but if they are busy then I have nothing.
I know this feel bro.
I'm the same, social life totally depended on others. Most of them in relationships, one even getting married next year.
I even have decent pile of dosh piled up to do shit but I just can't get off my ass.
>>
>>16485884
I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>16485902
Well at least someone is in the same boat with this.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.