[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
22yo, been balding for last 4 years. Jumped on minoxidil, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Jason_Statham.jpg (76 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
Jason_Statham.jpg
76 KB, 318x318
22yo, been balding for last 4 years. Jumped on minoxidil, and been holding it on a Norwood 3-ish.

Cant grow a proper beard yet, and I'm not super muscular; just very athletic built (6'4, well defined muscles from strength training, but still slim). In general, I'd look like a slavbro neo-nazi if I shaved.

IMO, I feel like girls are really repulsed by my hair. I keep it short and trimmed, and maximize the illusion of thick(er) hair. I haven't gotten laid in over a year simply because of this reason I honestly belive, because when it comes to women, I'm not shy at all, and I do get good conversations going. Too bad nightclubs are all about looks... Any tips on pulling chicks?

So get in here, all you pre-maturely balding chaps, and let's talk hair.
>>
pls
>>
>>16482930
hey, man. maybe consider going on finasteride. it's kinda one of the only real solutions to combating hair loss, besides hair transplants and experimental drugs. maybe look into it a bit more. i've been taking it for like a year and a half now, so i might be able to answer some questions you have
>>
File: spent too much time making this.jpg (185 KB, 1500x921) Image search: [Google]
spent too much time making this.jpg
185 KB, 1500x921
I'm in a similar position, slim-fit, can't grow a beard, and only on minoxidil (for under 2 months) Except I will never naturally get big or have a beard, I don't have the genetic potential.
I'm also only average height, shy, and have had long hair all my life so shaving or buzzing it is a nightmare.

I've never posted pics, how bad is it? I think I'm between norwood 2 and 3. Should I do finasteride if I have a history of depression? Or try other alternative treatments / wait for setipripant?
>>
Just shave it off man. That's what I did, and I haven't looked back.

The hair is never going to come back. All those expensive hair treatment methods are just going to keep what little hair you have, at best, and will immediately stop working when you're not using them anymore. Just own up to it. It's just your genes, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>16483158
it's not expensive, finasteride is 10 cents a day. it's more expensive not to treat it.
>>
>>16483150
i recommend you consult your doctor before going on finasteride if you have a history of depression. it has been reported to have links to depression, although it's more of an uncommon side effect. from personal experience, i believe it does have some effect on my general mood.
>>
>>16483162

>it's more expensive not to treat it

It's expensive to not have hair on your head?
>>
>>16482930
26 yr old baldingbro reporting in.
I just cut all my hair dow with clippers and leave it at that length. Never have issues with getting laid... but i also have the ability to grow a beard so that may help.... just rock the no hair bro. . There may jave been a couple times i didn't get a girl cause of balding but I just move on if that happens

Im 5'10"
Very muscular build tho..
>>
>>16483271
http://www.goodrx.com/finasteride
$10 = 30x5mg fin
cut into quarters = 120 days worth for $10

$30 a year to keep hair
$30 a year to cut hair (sometimes do it myself but it's more convenient to just go to the barber)
$5 a year to clean hair
=
$65 a year for hair

if I were bald I'd have to take the time and effort to shave it every other day, clean up the shaved hairs, and buy more razors. I'd have to buy a lot of sunscreen because I live in the tropics. hair blocks sun = better health without effort.

most importantly bald men earn less on average. bald men are not generally well liked, especially men bald in their 20s.

I'd lose 3 points of attractiveness, cancer patient transformation, my looks wouldn't match my personality, causing an identity crisis. dating would be harder.

opportunity costs. there's a reason almost anyone in a position of power who can afford a transplant takes the plunge, and every politician/celebrity is on propecia.
>>
>>16483410
>most importantly bald men earn less on average. bald men are not generally well liked, especially men bald in their 20s

haha holy fuck m8, got some insecurities don't we? be lucky you're a GUY talking shit, jesus christ. Bald men are generally not liked, seriously where are you getting this information from?
>>
can you not just act a lot older than you are and get with young chicks with daddy issues?
>>
>>16483479
if balding weren't a bad thing then the initial reaction wouldn't be denial and shame, it would be apathy. you wouldn't have to shave your thin meager hairs, because you wouldn't care. if balding were good, ones first reaction would be gleeful pride.

in this sense, the man who rocks his NW3+ without any styling is the truest sign of self confidence.

but balding is not good. it's one of the worst things that can happen to any man, even more so to a man in his teens or 20s.

no one with a good head of hair shaves it slick.
>>
>>16483119

Pretty sure taking fin is the equivalent of neural damage over time similar to MS. Though I guess it depends on the individual it will take a toll on your liver as well. Pretty bullshit that they haven't come up with anything better in more than 2 decades.
>>
Anyone here recommended dutasteride? Where can you even get some legit dut?
>>
>>16483503
I've seen people who are able to grow full heads of hair shave themselves bald. I know at least two personally.

Don't talk out of your ass bro.
>>
>>16482930
21yo been on fin for around 2 years now and don't notice any major negative changes. Personally I would say do it if you can afford it until you are ready to make the plunge and shave. Can't say anything about midinoxl because I'm too scared of the shed to try it.
>>
To OP: Use ketoconzaole 2% shampoo 2-3 times a week, it's been shown to help regrow hair. Also use finestaride 1 or 1.25mg daily. Fin has a 90% chance of retaining your current hair over at least the next 10 years and has a 33% chance of growing significantly new hairs.

>>16484221
Why do you think that? Have you seen any studies that show it causes liver damage or neural damage because those are two very different things.
>>
>>16482930
Who fucking cares. You're going bald. Get over it. There's more important things to worry about in your life. I can imagine at 22 you should be more focused on what you're gonna do with your life career wise, family wise, etc. Hair is not going to hold you back from accomplishing any of that. You might argue you the family part, but how about you go look at a fat balding man who somehow has a decently attractive wife that is out of his league... oh it's because the rest of their life is in order and he's not self conscious about his hair.

I've got a receding hairline and I'm starting to gray on my sides. I'm only 29. I can honestly say I really don't give a shit. Besides that I'm moderately attractive and have my shit together. The fact that I have my shit together makes me more attractive than looks to the opposite sex anyway.

As far as not getting laid. You're 22. Most girls are incredibly superficial and you might be right. But how about you get your shit together and when you're a few years older actually find a decent girl.
>>
nigga i went bald at 14
the ultimate key is not giving a fuck
try to channel jason too
>>
>>16482930

Minoxidil actually works?

>>16484287

Tried this, made my scalp itchy as fuck and began to loose hair by just running my hand through it. Swapped back to my normal shampoo and things went back to normal.
>>
File: 1355196679592.jpg (67 KB, 640x835) Image search: [Google]
1355196679592.jpg
67 KB, 640x835
>>16484300

>guy who isn't balding tries to tell guys who are balding that it isn't a big deal
>>
File: _76251867_jason_statham.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
_76251867_jason_statham.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
>>16484328
True
When people say to be like Jason the key is to not let your hair bother you
Don't just say " but I'm not a hot millionaire actor "
Look at him when he was 22.
He was a diver. His hair was really bad for a 22 year old yet he didn't try to hide it.
That was before he ever made a name for himself. He sold fake perfume and jewelry on street corners.
He was attractive enough to be a model, but also confident enough. And to not be ashamed of his hair.
>>
>>16484377
exactly m8
who gives a fuck? you can't change it and the treatments don't really work and are just trying to get money out of you so you can impress shitty people who care about how you look
i went bald at 14, i'm now - i live with my hawt gf and have a decent graduate job.

balding really isn't much of a concern, you'll care less as you get older, you're just young now and people are going to find anything to mock you over, especially if you're superficially different

who fucking cares though - channel bruce willis, staham. it really makes you seem masculine, so have the masculine, strong personality to back up your masculine appearance and bitches will be on your dick. short facial hair (think 5 oclock shadow) helps as well
>>
>>16484300
>I've got a receding hairline and I'm starting to gray on my sides.
>receding hairline
>receding
It's a pattern of baldness you dumbass. It also makes your forehead look larger. You're pretty dumb aren't you?
>>
>>16484356
see >>16484401
>>
>>16484401
>receding
kek
i'm glad i just went bald the normal way
you keks look like dracula or someshit
>>
OP here again.

Not gonna quote all the relevant posts individually, writing a mass reply to adress some of the points raised.

Thing is, I don't give a fuck. I already embraced the balding thing a few years back. I am completely fine with it. It's manly to bald, and I have amazing genetics for physical traits (I've had a 6-pack all my life without even trying...). The only reason I'm not super buff right now, is because I'm pushing my relative max strength, while training endurance to prepare myself for a possible re-enlistment in the military after I finish my mechanical engineering degree (oil sector is getting hit hard, so my major is getting quite irrelevant in my country at the moment, sadly).

But sadly, shaving won't work for me at the moment. It really would scare off all the chicks, and when I did it this spring, I got weird looks wherever I went.

I do have my shit together, have a nice apartment, decent financial status, getting a BA in mechanical engineering, and have plenty of roads to go after I graduate. Thing is, everyone wants to get laid and fuck around while they're young. I'd hate myself for succumbing to the "left-overs" when women finally start settling down, without having lived my youth to the full potential. I'm 22, and time is flying real fast.

And yes, society hates bald men. Especially in their 20s. Unless you have the blessing of a mighty beard, you look like a struggling cancer patient.

And regarding finasteride, I'm just really hesitant because of the possible side-effects.
>>
>>16484973
on a side note, I have blonde hair. I'm thinking of experimenting a little bit by growing it out a little bit, and just rough it up with some wax a little. Similar to what the Alex Moran actor in Blue Mountain State is doing. Although it could be too late for that look now...
>>
>>16482930
I always fear that i'll catch the crown of my head in the mirror one day and see a huge bald spot I was not aware of. friends and family will all be like duh, we've seen this for 5 years now and i'll be completely oblivious

I shave my head down to a half inch at least once a year just to make sure i'm not receding

as for your situation i don't know. it seems like a big deal to me
>>
>>16483150
you pull any chicks?
>>
I'm balding too, but my hairline isn't receding, just got super thinning hair and crown.
I can't comb my hair up, because THERE'S A FUCKING PUSSY ON MY FOREHEAD.
I comb the to the side and they're almost fine, but they suck anyway.

I feel like I'll never have pussy again, and my ex will laugh at me if she knew that I'm balding.
I'm working out, and I'm trying to stop smoking.
I won't take Fin. There's only one thing that's worse than being bald: being impotent.
Also, I think that medicine is wrong with DHT.
Hair loss is more linked with cortisol, not T.
I've been low-T and very stressed for all my life, that's why I'm losing my hair, not DHT.
>>
>>16485251
baldness is mainly caused by MPB...
>>
Anyone who did hair gym, scalp exercises, etc?
>>
>>16483479
If you look its true and bald men are viewed as dull and boring
>>
>>16485156
Nope
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.