[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan d-hampshire-34878723 &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: 1448052306748.jpg (28 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1448052306748.jpg
28 KB, 500x277
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-34878723

>Ms Lucking's tweet, which was shared more than 30,000 times, said: "Some guy in the library gave me this and it was the most awkward experience of my life. 10/10 for creativity though."

>The message reads: "Sorry to disturb your studies, but I really need to ask... would you like to have a coffee with me someday?"

>The note gave two possible replies: "Sure! Why not? Life is short," and "No thanks! I have a 7ft tall boyfriend."

>Ms Lucking later tweeted: "I just laughed and said 'actually he's 6ft 3'. He looked so crushed."

So how does any non chad get a gf then?
>>
Numbers and "method acting".
>>
Mostly, by not cherry-picking arguments that falsely 'prove' it's difficult, and adopting the view that the world is an incredibly diverse place that won't always make sense, or fit patterns currently understood.

As the age old saying goes, 'any fool can seduce a woman.'
>>
>>16482945

>As the age old saying goes, 'any fool can seduce a woman.'

Literally five results on Google.

I'm more or less with you on the first bit, but bear in mind that chads tend to make up a significantly larger portion of fools than self professed non-chads. The latter tending to overthink things without necessarily being altogether "smart".
>>
Congrats on your autism, OP.
>>
>>16482964

I >>16482956 am actually >>16482917

OP abandoned the thread as soon as it started which probably explains why he can't get it wet.

I actually did OK with women before entering a LTR.

You're a tripfag though.
>>
It's incredibly easy to get a girlfriend. All you have to do is lower your standards and meet women.
However, why the fuck would you want a girlfriend? Clearly you don't want some ugly bitch who is going to take all your money and ruin your life. You want a pretty girl who is smart and will love you forever, which is never going to happen.
Just look at OP.
>approach a pretty girl
>surprised that she has a boyfriend
Fucking retarded. All the pretty girls are always going to be taken by the top 10% of men. Of course a girl with high standards is going to go for tall good looking men.
>>
>>16482978
Hm? I wasn't quoting you.
>>
>>16482982

I'm a total sperg, 5'7" and 9st with no money, connections or prospects yet of the dozens of women I've been with, only a couple would have been 5/10 or lower and they were drunken "last resorts".

Perhaps I'm underestimating myself by some metric or another but lowering one's standards is admitting defeat without really exhausting all possibilities.

>>16483021

Just in case you were.
>>
>>16483040
You really just reaffirmed my original comment, even not being OP.

How weird. Will you be one of my NEET pets? I'm collecting.
>>
>>16483053
I'm collecting weirdos! I'm missing a sociopath. Come on now, be a part of my collection.
>>
File: 1446065502755.jpg (19 KB, 463x403) Image search: [Google]
1446065502755.jpg
19 KB, 463x403
>>16483061
Oh, Anon, it's you.
>>
>>16483053

I don't want to be your friend and I doubt you'd want to be mine either.
>>
>>16482912
>wanting a gf
>who will only learn everything about you
>only to feign ignorance and crush you
My girlfriend is a shitty excuse for a girlfriend.
Can't cook, can't communicate. Rather listen to what her bosses say than what I try suggesting.

Tired of it. Been dating for a decade. Planned on marrying her for our big 10, but I think that's quickly going down the drain.
>>
>>16482912
You talk to them. Out loud. Using words. You don't text or tweet or leave notes. You act like a real live human being.
>>
>>16483245

This. Passing notes is for kids. If you're avoiding socializing with her how the fuck are you going to survive a date? If you're that scared or hesitant of a person why are you even entering the dating world where rejection is commonplace?

I'm a lazy, alcoholic NEET and even I had two gfs the past three years. It isn't rocket science and you're most likely standing in your own way or need to practice talking to people. Point is if my dumb, broke, jobless ass can do it you can too.
>>
>>16483153
I don't want friends I want pets.

Why do you not want to be my friend, though? Friends are good connections to have.
>>
>>16483280
Because a sociopath cannot possibly understand what friendship is.
>>
>>16483286
If it is beneficial to you and/or not hurting you in any way, why would it matter if I can understand?

Animals probably don't 'understand' friendship either but people keep them as company all of the time, yes?
>>
>>16483280

I'd have nothing to gain from the pet/master dynamic you're suggesting. Unless you work in Horse Racing or Linguistics. Do you have influential "pets" in those spheres?

You'd certainly have nothing to gain from knowing me. I can assure you of that.
>>
>>16483296
Do you have many friends, Anon?

Do you not think you are worth conversing with? Since you said I would have nothing to gain from knowing you.
>>
>>16483311

Besides my gf, I have a few although our conversation is generally restricted to beer and football which is how I'd prefer it.

I can be a passable conversationalist in certain circumstances such as when hitchhiking or having random drunken dialogues in bars with strangers. Indeed, I occasionally stumble into interestingish conversations online.

As to whether or not I'm worth having a conversation with is neither here nor there. That's up to whomever has my attention at the time.
>>
>>16483311
>>16483335

Actually, if you're interested in something that's bothering me, give your thoughts to this.

>>16483263
>>
>>16483335
Oh, you have a girlfriend? How did you meet?
>>
>>16483343

I went to Croatia because it was somewhere I'd never been before, I was telling Madeline McCann jokes in a bar, she was the only one who laughed, we talked and something clicked. Thought it was one of those one-off things but it turned out that we actually liked each other.

Have you had a look at my problem?
>>
>>16483352
Yes, I looked at it.
>>
>>16483359

And I have responded and thanked you.

How did you meet your girlfriend?
>>
>>16483388
I have a boyfriend right now. Though I could tell you about past girlfriends. He said he liked that my eyes looked cold. That's all.

Are you young, Anon?
>>
>>16483388

I have intensely sharp blue eyes which probably helped me overcome the aspie/manlet barrier on more than one occasion.

Did you always know you were bi or was it an innate adaption?

I'm most likely older than the average person on these boards but young compared to the general populace. What defines young anyway? Age? Experience? Attitude?

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say you're three years younger than I am.
>>
>>16482912
I feel it, I'm 5'6 and by the grace of God have a 5'8 girlfriend. My roommate is 5'5 and has a short white girlfriend, he's Hispanic and this 5'3 mexcian on my hall is fucking a 5'7 white girl. That having been said I feel like honestly my lack of height as well as being rail thin and poor a portion of my life has really impacted my confidence and I don't think I could regularly go out and get laid like the 5'11 mixed race black guy on my hall.
>>
>>16483449
Will you send me a picture of your eyes, Anon?

Are you in your 30s?
>>
>>16483477

They're all bloodshot now because I've been drinking most of the day and I haven't slept since Wednesday.

They're as blue as Paul Newman's but with the structural surroundings of Ian Curtis.

I'm in my early thirties.

As for me, you, any tangible relationship. The idea is appealing I must admit. Especially with all your dubs. But having a war raised balkan gf means that she would literally kill you to death if you tried to intervene. Even if your bf was a 6'5" seventh dan master.
>>
>>16483507
But the red will only accentuate the blue, yes?

I have no intentions of coming between you and your girlfriend. Though I don't have any fear of this sort of consequence.
>>
>>16482912
I thought the guy was "beta cringe" until I read
>"I just laughed and said 'actually he's 6ft 3'. He looked so crushed."
made me rage
>>
>>16483533

You and your fucking dubs

>But the red will only accentuate the blue, yes?

White works as a better base. Nevertheless, the blueness of my eyes only fuelled a narcissism which exists solely in the past. If anything, you should be more interested in my 7¾ length... Something I still hold onto to this day.

>Though I don't have any fear of this sort of consequence.

Were your earliest memories those of dodging sniper bullets, diving from mortar shells and watching your friend's parents leave to the front never to return? Were your formative years shaped by living in absolute poverty whilst your depleted family gave you no choice but to help rebuild the shell of a community that survived the chaos?

Mine weren't. I heavily doubt yours were either. Her understanding of death is very different to how me and you perceive it.

I guess that's why of the dozens of could-have-beens, she is the "to be".
>>
>>16483573
I do not understand, Anon. Why make reasons you should only have her when you want both?
>>
>>16483590

Because I'm no longer young enough to make frivolous decisions and she is fantastic mare material in that she's tall, deeply intelligent and from warrior stock.

Genetically speaking, it would be an arse move on my part to give that away for what would, admittedly, be a merely exhilarating fling.

My child with her would be a >6" slavic warrior breed who could play the sport of his choosing (soccer or basketball) and have the intellectual capacity to write a linguistics paper before leading men to certain doom in whatever war kismet dictates.

Between us, we could only hope to adopt an East Asian reject who could be easily replaced by a thirteen button calculator.
>>
File: ngbbs541dfaf1d39d3.jpg (12 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs541dfaf1d39d3.jpg
12 KB, 350x277
>>16483631

You know where to find me when you decide to have your cake and eat it too, Anon.

I think that you needing to justify why you must limit yourself to her is somewhat telling.
>>
>>16483721

Have we been flirting? I must be such a sperg that I don't even realise that I'm sperging myself.

I'm flattered by your invite but I'm content that my dalliance with /adv/ was a fleeting one. Yet oh, what could have been...

>I think that you needing to justify why you must limit yourself to her is somewhat telling.

I find it equally telling that you chose to avoid any mention of your bf beyond the mere fact that you think he's your bf.
>>
>the most awkward experience in her life
Damn I wish I could live like that.
>>
>>16483781
It's all you asked me.

If another time you decide it's worth chatting, my email is [email protected]
>>
>>16483812

Why are you interested in me?
>>
>>16483831
Your brain, so far. Though I am curious to see how you reply to me when you have slept and are sober.

You still owe me a picture of your eyes.
>>
>>16483846

And other than being a superficial, manipulative charmer, why should I be interested in you?
>>
>>16483855
Wouldn't it be more fun to keep playing with me and find out?
>>
>>16483865

Based on a risk assessment, I'd say no.

You'd have to give me more of an incentive before we dived into the murky world of vaguely traceable proxy IP e-mail conversation.

I mean are you even in the UK?
>>
>>16482912
>the most awkward experience of her life

Doubtful. This chick sounds like a cunt.

Another good reason to actually talk to someone first, so you can possibly figure this out a little faster.
>>
>>16483897
Anon, please go with your gut and don't contact ESTP. Sociopaths get bored quickly, as she's admitted in the past. The risk is much greater than the reward because she won't stick around long. Best to stop responding to her, before she is able to charm you into a retarded mistake.
>>
>>16483897
What kind of incentive are you looking for, Anon? I just want to talk, no risk involved. Is there? I mean, we could discuss 'risk' over email, couldn't we?
>>
>>16483930

Holy fuck, it's a "she"?

If I'd have known that, I wouldn't have played along for shits and giggles in the first place.

I wasn't going to contact it in any case but thanks for the heads up all the same.

Here's my favourite clip of the now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WLH5CEyZhc

Enjoy it if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1447820951330.jpg (179 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1447820951330.jpg
179 KB, 604x340
>>16483977
What a shame, it was fun
>>
>>16483977
>>16483992
>self-diagnosed internet sociopaths

they're never worth your time anyway
>>
>>16484022
You're the ones who keep calling me a sociopath. I didn't say anything about it.
>>
>>16483992

I'm a sucker for blissful irony and that my point of realisation ended in dubs and your retort ended in '92, the beginning of the siege of Sarajevo, well it couldn't have been more beautifully written.

If nothing else, it perturbs me that I found you infinitely more attractive as a man.

Best of luck in your future endeavours - of which I'm sure you'll have plenty, you fucking lunatic.

x
>>
>>16484032
Disregard then senpai.

Though I guess you do seem a little cray cray. Sometimes after a life of cray people you just want a little stability (in regards to that other person's lack of interest).
>>
>>16484033
Goodnight, sweet prince
>>
>>16484046
I'm not easily phased by rejection. Joke or not this conversation has been an entertaining way to spend some time, I don't mind the outcome.
>>
>>16482912
Looks like that move won't work for a couple of borillion years.
>>
Non-Chad here. I get most of my dates by talking to attractive women who are around me for some period of time. It could be a couple minutes standing in a long line at a store, however long she sits at a neighboring table at a coffee/food joint, someone I see every week at some kind of periodic recreational activity, etc. I guess the first point of difference I have with this guy is that I need at least a scrap of shared time.

The next difference is that I talk a bit first. Granted I can see where his note might come off as cutely funny, but I prefer to create humor and pleasant rapport through conversation. I just talk. I say something worth hearing, or something plain funny, or perhaps even an observation about something she's doing (like pointing out a mistake to a girl who was studying, just as this girl in the story was doing). I don't do notes.

Finally I try to make the invitation a little more alluring than "I find you physically attractive so let's have coffee." My "green light" if you will is to register the girl's interest in something about me. I don't go all-in based solely on my attraction. I'm talking to her because I'm interested; I'll ask her out if she seems engaged with our interaction. And never, ever would I say something as pathetically insecure as "7ft tell boyfriend." I'm a short fucker, too. That self-deprecation has no place.
>>
>So how does any non chad get a gf then?

Step 1: lift
Step 2: lift
Step 3: lift
Step 4: lift
Step 5: lift
Step 6: get a gf
Step 7: lift
Step 8: lift
Step 9: lift
(etc)
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.