[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WhERE DID ALL THE CS JOBS GO I'M FUCKED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: 124.jpg (119 KB, 596x480) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
119 KB, 596x480
WhERE DID ALL THE CS JOBS GO
I'M FUCKED
>>
STEM MEME
T
E
M
M
E
M
E
>>
>>16482242
You have to actually be good at what you do to get a job with it anon
>>
>>16482242

The demand was filled.
The new job with high demand and an unwarranted sense of of self importance is acturials.
stand by for more assclown baby boomers talking about how kids major in bad degrees and should have known better
>>
>>16482309
do i kill myself then
>>
>>16482367

No, adapt and overcome anon. try to figure out another way to make money. It may be something you aren't expecting
>>
>>16482257
CS is barely a major.
>>
Shoulda built a good portfolio and done some noteworthy projects in college buddy. Try contributing to open source projects to build up your resume
>>
>>16482387
so i should kill myself
my other major
my other minors
they're all worthless aren't they
im a fucking joke
the kids in humanities have better lives then me
>>
MY LIFE
MY LIIIIIIIFE
>>
>>16482438
>the kids in humanities have better lives then me

nigga no
I can tell you from experience they don't
Everyone's struggling. Yes, the people who jumped on the CS/stem meme train early on made a good choice, but the fact is it's 90% hard work and 100% luck. The job market is fubar, until that's fixed everyone's going to be fighting over scraps for a while.
>>
>>16482546
>it's 90% hard work and 100% luck
Boy you weren't kidding about that humanities major.
>>
>>16482560

Maybe if you had taken a basic english class you would know what a hyperbole is
>>
>>16482567
>that argument written by a 7th grader
boy you weren't kidding about that humanities major
>>
>>16482568
Cs get degrees baby
>>
>>16482574
what
>>
File: lil-jon.gif (3 MB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
lil-jon.gif
3 MB, 320x214
>>16482575
>>
>when the gf say all you know is compooper
>>
File: 669.gif (1 MB, 267x219) Image search: [Google]
669.gif
1 MB, 267x219
>>16482257
Buttmad stem fags
>>
>>16482748
WHAT DO IDO
>>
File: Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif (350 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif
350 KB, 500x344
>>16482768
You choose a MEME major. Now you have to settle with a meme job that pays average so you can live your average life with moderate difficulty being employed and rising through the ranks.
This could have been avoided with internships, but you didn't listen.
>>
>>16482775
but i have so many majors
so many minors
its not fair
i work so hard
and the humanities people just smoked weed
they're getting the jobs
i get nothing
>>
>>16482799
Major doesn't matter. Networking does.
>>
>>16482809
but i did network
and how does major not matter
fuck you dude
>>
>>16482367
Yes. Can't stand you CS major faggots. Should've found some way to profit from doing something you like by now instead trying to fill a quota that was bound to run out. CS is too specialized as a thing to study so broadly.
This: >>16482389
It should be a specialization in something.
>>
>>16482799
AHAHAHA as a math major you are the weed smoking faggot. That's how I feel when I see computer science majors talking about their homework
>>
>>16482834
>>16482831

why being such dick
how am i filling a quota
>>
>>16482242
There are woman's tech outreach programs that can train you and find you a job without any expense: you just need to be a woman.
>>
>>16482867
um
>>
>>16482922
oh no, don't tell me you majored in CS and you AREN'T a woman??
Man what are you THINKING?
>>
I double majored in Computer Science and Geomatics
I have minors in Bioinformatics, Russian, and Actuarial Science.
I'm a cu,ckhold
>>
I am Computer Science and Statistics double major.

What should I look for when applying for jobs?
>>
>>16482975
#fuked
>>
File: 1422881752899.jpg (834 KB, 1214x1239) Image search: [Google]
1422881752899.jpg
834 KB, 1214x1239
>>16482825
>I deserve a job
>I "networked" but have no connections
>Fuck you!
>>
>>16483073
More like #2005 #urlatetotheparty #thoughtuweregonnamakebigbuckslol
>>
>>16483346
#literallylmaoaturlifekid #topkek #getfuked
>>
>>16483350
#literally30yearsold #stablejob #ownhouse #topkek

Good luck, let me know when you get on my level.
>>
>>16483386
#CSsiforlosers
>>
People studying a degree related with computers / entertainment / media / art / music / fun things:
I hope your body is ready.
>Mediafag here, gotta git gud with that Photoshop m8
>>
>>16483403
#idontevencs

I do enjoy laughing at all the faggots that got into CS and IT shit in the past couple of years thinking they'd make good money with their baby tier college degrees.
>>
OP can't you be an independent worker? sells sites online or something
>>
>>16483411
what degree is gud
>>
>Retards thinking a degree guarantees them a job
Where's your projects?
Did you intern or work contracts?
Why is your github empty?
Why do you have no experience in any industry standard systems like Mongo, SQL, or WPF application development?

What the fuck did you think would happen, you'd get a job writing b-tree's?
>>
>>16483454
1. That which without society wouldnt be able to function
2. That which no one wants to do
3. That which getting educated to is hard and takes a long time

Together = A job where no one wants, or gets educated to because the education takes long, but is neccessary for the society to function, and therefore there is always a shortage of them, and the pay stays good

What this job would be, I have no idea. Well, in this coutry it would be doctors, theres a shortage of them literally everywhere. Friend of friend who studied to be a doctor got into 10k / month job straight from school, he didnt need to search for a job, they came and made him the offer.
>>
>>16483475
why do i need that
>>
im gonna die
>>
ho no
>>
>>16483594
>>16483922
???
>>
>>16484012
ey bb1 'lude
>>
Why do people major in things just for the sake of a big salary? Of course it's important but you should at least pick something you enjoy a bit. I know a lot of people that HATE what they major in so much they want to kill themselves but do it for the future prospects.
>>
>>16483484
What country is this
>>
>>16484187
If you major in something you love, you have to be a suave and aggressive motherfucker when it comes to networking. Majority of folks aren't that kind of person, and it's hard to be that person
>>
>cs major graduating in December
>already have 54K job lined up
>tons of jobs available when looking

OP are you sure you aren't just retarded?
>>
>>16484194
Not necessarily, and if you love what you're studying, you wouldn't mind having to network so much. Pretty much any major requires some level of networking anyway.
>>
>>16482831
Projecting are you?

Tell us. What do you do for a living? If you really are tired of us, shouldn't you offer your anecdotal story of how you achieved greatness?

At least you posted a suggestion on what we should do, which shows you aren't a complete titshit.

I majored in CS and I make a comfortable six figure income at age 25. I'm wondering how I could have apparently done better.
>>
>>16483475
>you mean you don't provide a template file for the programs I have to write?
>>
>>16482242
OP I am a history major and I found a decent job. Where is your STEM meme now?
>>
>>16484457
Depending on where you live, STEM's beginning to become oversaturated, or employers are looking for people with a broader range of skills than STEM offers
>>
>>16484188
Winland, which is less win more fin-ished nowadays
>>
>cs major
>got a small job doing drupal website building during uni
>have a portfolio of shit i've made and a better job now

should have done extra stuff op.
your fault nigga
>>
>>16482242
eh, counter strike isnt even that good anyway
>>
Don't know bout you guys, but even the most retarded autistic spergs on my floor get at least a couple of job offers by graduation. My CS dept. still has like a 99% placement rate.

Then again, its supposedly #5 or something, which might have something to do with it. Even though the university is relatively unknown.
>>
The CS jobs are still around, but they've become, for lack of a better term, artistically competitive. You can't get anywhere without a considerable degree of skill, and gittin that gud basically requires you to actually enjoy what you're doing. You won't be able to stand the extra work otherwise. This is a tall order for a field that most people find overly dry. Some people DO genuinely enjoy it -I do- but you can't force it if you haven't got it.

In short, there was a glut on the market, and we are now facing what economists ominously call a correction.

So, what can you do? Fortunately for you, CS skills can be valuable in many fields outside the field itself. Find something you enjoy, and become someone in that field who speaks CS, rather than being a CS guy who speaks that field. You CAN make this work; it just takes some additional creativity.
>>
DANCING WE GOTTA DANCE UNTIL THE MOMENT
SEND MY KISSES TO MY FRIENDS
>>
>>16484444
THIS IS THE STUPIDEST POST
>>16484187
>implying i did it for the salary
>>
am i fucked
>>
>>16485709
jessica
>>
>>16485846
ho no
>>
>>16485883
what do
>>
>>16485907

live wid me bb1 :3
>>
>>16485924
where at
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.