[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's going on ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I have the strangest feeling ever.
Today i've just landed in Japan, but i dont know why, im not "excited" at all, it was one of my dreams, i wanted to live there for months etc but i'm just not happy, im not miserable thought, it's just meh.

I've been in Tokyo already once, two years ago where i met one of my best girl friend ever, she's truly perfect, and i think i mighty have some feeling (not reciprocate) for her, but that another story.
Today i've made her a surprise with my visit and she was truly happy, she cried from happiness ^^
But The thing that bothering me its that i dont feel usefull to her now, i know im still her dear friend and i count to her but i have this feeling like she'be made some "better friends" than me, some People who suit her better, People smarter, more interesting, i dont know im not jealous at all i just feel sad.

I've saw that she changed a lot too, she putted an end to her 6years relationship with her ex in february, she felt relieved she's so happy, she moved ok so fast while im still struggling with my broke up who happened 1 year ago, she have some project, she travel a lot, she do things she like... Its amazing, but i just feel like a shitty human being when im near her. When she knew me, i had everything, money, love, i even had her attention, i did stuff that i liked, i was truly happy.
But now i feel so crushed by her charisma that i dont know how to deal with thoses feels...

Maybe i just think too much, im sorry if it's not too understandable, english is not my first langage, but i had to vent.

What do /adv/ ? Anyone have been in this kind of situation before ?
>pic related my first meal today

Will add more details if asked
>>
OP, I lived in Japan for 11 months. What you are feeling is maybe some culture shock. There are lots of events in Tokyo for "gaijin" who are there teaching English, working, etc. if you search on Facebook. Search something like "tokyo foreigner group." Go to these events, meet people, make new friends, and enjoy Japan, because it can be incredibly amazing and unique.

Your friend may have very well made new friends, and they have a fresher bond. Sorry, but people grow. Once again, I would try to make new friends. Check on your old friends once in awhile, but if they see you are having fun, they may check on you instead.
>>
Furthermore, you can go to many festivals. Japanese people love festivals and there should be many in the Tokyo and surrounding area. They also like drinking.

Japan has an official tourism site. Look around here and find a cool place to go. https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>>
>>16482116
Thanks a lot bro, but i'll be living in a guest house next week (The same as 2years ago) so i know that i'll make new friends, i always'be been a social person and i know about The culture shock since i've stayed 1 month in Tokyo before.
I just FEEL like im usefull but if you listen to her im very important, but i want to be The person she knew first, The truly happy guy who's all dreamy and funny, not The depressed sad fuck i am right now.

Please i dont want to make new friends only to forget about her, she's very precious to me.
Kick me in The nuts please, i need some electrochoc :/
>>
>>16482134
Don't call me bro, I'm not a bro.

I would advise you to forget about your old friend by meeting new people. You will be depressed if you don't. Tokyo is one of the biggest cities in the world, and you are wasting time worrying about one person you knew years ago? Go meet new friends.
>>
>>16482134
Also, 1 month is nothing. Around the end of 1 month is when the REAL culture shock starts, then 3 months, then 6 months you get better. If you are only staying 1 month again I would not worry about this.
>>
>>16482143
Well its not like she is an acquintance or something, she's really my friend.

Anyway yes, i'll still try to make new friendster when i'll arrive to Tokyo, i'll be forced anyway, i dont like being alone so... I just hope i'll find friends with a can have The same type of connexion !
>>
>>16482157
She might be very busy with her new life. For a Japanese person it may be hard to "reintroduce" a foreigner back into their life. Just keep your chin up and look for opportunities to do fun things with new people.
>>
>>16482166
She's czech :)
And yes she's very busy.
Also i stay 3 months this Time anon, i hope i'll have a greater time here than before
>>
Where are you from?
>>
>>16482200
France
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.