[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we break up with a girl who thinks we love her without being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: R3Mp.jpg (147 KB, 854x936) Image search: [Google]
R3Mp.jpg
147 KB, 854x936
I'm breaking up with a girl today, I started disliking her after the first three weeks (qt 3.14 but way too cringy and way too clingy) but was too much of a beta to actually put her off. But I've gotta do it now before it gets more serious, otherwise I'm fucked since it was her first relationship and she got too much into it. Thing is we have some friends in common in college and I don't want to be seen like a complete imbecile.

I asked her out for dinner and I'm doing it there, how should I do it? Pic related, I just want to go back being a weeb
>>
I must say that i would prefer to not have such a conversation in public. Best case scenario would be that you go to her place so she's already at home. No need to maker her take the train with watery eyes. Even better if you can get this over like a mature human.
>>
>>16479156
I planned on taking her home by car, it's not like I'm a jerk, things just got out of control and I'm terrible with breakups
>>
>>16479146
>I asked her out for dinner and I'm doing it there

Asking her out for dinner is building her up to knock her down.

>Best case scenario would be that you go to her place so she's already at home.

this.

I'd do the dinner and just tell her a couple of days later or something.
>>
>>16479179
Ok, will do so.
Thing is, how do I tell her?
>>
>>16479168
No. I'm positively sure that this would be the most awkward car ride ever. Just do it at hees.
>>
>>16479182
What are your reasons for breaking up?
>>
>>16479182

Sit her down and tell her you don't have feelings for her. You like her as a friend but think it would be wrong to lead her on.

Do the whole "its not you its me" thing, ..but don't use that phrase.
>>
>>16479194
She is really clingy, jealous and childish, also she always talks about her undying love for me, which gives me the creeps. And despite me already telling her about this, she doesn't change. It's her first relationship (she's 18, I'm 21) so i get it, but don't have the patience to deal with it
>>
>>16479212
>She is really clingy, jealous and childish

FFS dont tell her that.
>>
>>16479217
I told her that she has "too attached" before, but I think it delivered the message
>>
Just do it, and tell her why. Pretty much this exact situation happened to me. I just wish the guy let me know, instead of ignoring me, he was too kind to let me know he's not into me. good luck op! don't be too nervous. this just isn't for you
>>
>>16479226
Thanks
Jokes apart about being a weeb, Ireally care about her as well, that's the reason I'm having so much trouble to end it
>>
Op i think a good strategy would be to go to another adv thread and find some lonely sap nearby who wants a qt3.14 so then you can send him to the dinner and problem solved. He just replaces you forever
>>
I don't know about a restaurant but doing it in public is actually a good idea if you ask me. If you are somewhere private, chances are that she will end up in tears, you trying to give her some sort of comfort ('It's not you it's me'), she suddenly 'totally gets the problem and is going to change', and before you know it you guys are fucking. Seriously, don't underestimate the chance of that happening. Public is good, or at least a neutral place where you cannot end up fucking.
>>
>>16479259
Kek, that'd be awesome
>>16479272
I know, it happened once
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.