[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New life, old ghosts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: wewr2.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
wewr2.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
3 years ago, I had a messy relationship with my first love. It didn't end up too well, but that's not the point.

In the past given 3 years I've lost a great amount of weight, gone through one plastic surgery and started to put an effort to my looks in a totally different matter. My hair is different and I look rather different nowadays. Most drastic change being that I've actually changed my name too.

And now I'm dating a guy, who is a brother to that guy I used to date. We are doing great, and soon it's time for me to meet his family. I am super nervous and anxious about seeing his brother, who I've dated in the past. I don't know if he will actually recognize me anymore, or guess who I am.

I know this sounds really unbelievable, but this is the situation where I am right now. I don't know how to react. I don't wanna reveal that it's me. (We weren't together, but we dated for few weeks.) I keep telling myself, that even if my voice or laughter gave me off, he wouldn't dare to suspect that I have actually changed my name and gotten a completely new identity. Or?
>>
bumb
>>
This is weird.
>>
If this is real, there's no way you can just opt for not telling him. If he really dated you one surgery and some weight loss is not going to make him not realize it's you long term. And if he does realize it's you, you are in an incredibly weird position. If you steer into the skid you at least get the opportunity to present it in a positive way - "hey, you might not recognize me, this is such a weird coincidence, I made some huge changes in my life and am really happy now and finally feel like myself", whatever. If you do not, it's just going to look like you stole someone's identity, are on the run from some crime or other shit no one wants to get involved with as soon as someone does catch on.
>>
People either really enjoy telling stories or this site truly harbors some fucked up individuals.
>>
>>16479039
Yeah I'm not on the run for anything really. I just as you stated, made few major changes in my life which I always wanted to do anyways.

Honestly I'm not sure if he'll be able to tell that it's me. It's been a while, and we didn't date for too long.

>>16479058
I call this a funny coincindence, if something. I've just really changed over these years, mainly physically.
>>
>>16479087
It's not that I think there's a 100% or even a 90% chance that he realizes it's you. But if he does (and there's probably more than you reckon can give you away - small mannerisms, nervous habits, buzzwords you use out of habit, an accent, the specific tone of your voice - not to mention if you are together with this guy long term he might be going to realize similarities in preferences/life stories eventually) but rather that you are utterly backed in a corner if he DOES recognize you. There is no normal way to explain why you not only made drastic changes that go way beyond how most people change in a lifetime, but also actively hid that from your own partner, and then hid it again while in this situation. That is incredibly shady and he would be very reasonable to second guess the entire relationship and feel like he has no clue who you are.
>>
>>16479098
Yea exactly lol, why are you even lying to your current boyfriend? Seems shady as all fucking sin.
>>
>>16479113
I'm not lying about anything. I just haven't told him, that few years back I have dated his older brother. And his older brother doesn't know his brother is dating me, cause I haven't met his family yet and I got a different lastname nowadays.

>>16479098
I guess you are right. I wonder if I should contact my boyfriend's brother and tell him the whole case beforehand? Or wait if he asks about it?
>>
>>16479129
How about telling your boyfriend everything first? That way, if his brother doesn't recognize you, you avoid immediate drama and can rest assured that if he ever does, at least your boyfriend can back you up. And if he does recognize you, at least your boyfriend's not blindsided.
>>
>>16479129
You havent told him an important fact, that is some kind of misleading, so although you arent lying you are also not being truthful.

Nice try though...
>>
>>16479136
maybe I gotta talk for both.

also considering just avoiding meeting the family.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.