[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm afraid of suffering, and because of that, heart attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm afraid of suffering, and because of that, heart attacks are really high up on my scared shitless list. I'm always scared that I might just have a heart attack and that I'll suffer for a horrible amount of time before being permitted to die. That said, I don't know what the symptoms feel like from anyone who's ever actually had a heart attack, and I don't know when it is considered okay to go to the ER or call the ER for advice. I've had anxiety issues since April of this year. I've only ever had one attack, but it didn't feel like "pulling" on my heart. It just felt like my pulse was rapid, but weak, and I was trembling. I also can only feel my heart when I'm scared, and I hate that. It just makes me more scared. Also I've been to the ER 3 times this year. Once for my anxiety attack which I thought was a heart attack, once because I hadn't taken a shit in a month, and once because I woke up and really had to piss, but I couldn't, and it was causing me kidney pain (clean your onahole thoroughly, anons), so I feel like if I keep making the wrong assumption and going anyway, they'll get mad at me and refuse me from going or something. I also don't want to be that guy who always thinks he's about to die, but fuck, I think I'm potentially about to die. My chest feels weird and it scares me.
>>
>>16478647
And I have no insurance so I can't go to the doctor.
>>
The issue isnt with your body anon its with your mind. You are scared of injury and death.

Google existentialism and start there. You need to accept death to beat it. Things will only get worse otherwise.

I have been there.
>>
>>16478647
hop on anxiety meds
do people on your family actually have heart disease
what you are describing is anxiety not heart attacks so hop on meds
you could you know google the heart attack symptoms BUT BEFORE YOU DO realize this.
It could make your anxiety worse knowing and convincing yourself you have these symptoms...So did i mention hop on meds?
>>
>>16478666
I'm not scared of death, though. Like, I'm fine with being dead. It's dying that horrifies me. I've admittedly wished I was dead uncountable times this year. I think I would pussy out if I actually had a gun, though. I will google that, though. Thank you. You trips made me chuckle internally. It was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

>>16478669
Do you have to first have heart disease to have a heart attack? My father's mother, and maybe his father (I can't remember right now) have heart disease. I don't know about my mother's side of the family, bit they're southerners who live in Texas, so I wouldn't be surprised. I would love to take my last Xanax from April, but I'm trying to save it for an emergency.
>>
nah senpai you need to go to a psychiatrist for meds
>>
>>16478699
But I'm broke and have no insurance...
>>
Extreme anxiety can make you feel like you're having a heart attack, and then of course the anxiety gets worse because you feel like you're dying and you panic over that and your heart races even more, so it creates a vicious circle. But really, it's very unlikely for a young healthy person to experience a heart attack out of nowhere, and although panic can be very unpleasant, it's not really harmful. Just ride it out and try not to get more stressed BECAUSE you're panicking as an anxiety attack is really not the end of the world. Your body can only keep up that fear response for so long before it begins to fade again, and the absolute worst that can happen is you'll hyperventilate and faint.. which will then cause your breathing and heart rate to start slowing down and return to normal.

If you don't currently exercise, that might be a good idea. It will help keep you in good cardiovascular health and guard against future heart disease, as well as helping you become accustomed to the fact that sometimes your pulse races and it's not always a bad thing, it's sometimes just a sign you're working hard and your heart is doing its job right.
>>
>>16478647
As someone with heart issues, let me tell you that you shouldn't worry about heart issues, or it can give you heart issues. (Inspired, right?)
Seriously, You can not and never will be able to account for all the ways you could die. Turn that negative anxiety into positive reinforcement. You will die, and it could be at any minute, so spend this minute doing precisely what you want to do. not worrying about whwwether or not the next will come.
>>
OP, I literally went through the exact same thing about two years ago. almost to the letter like what you're describing. I can't explain how it all went away, but it did.

Keep the faith man. You'll get better somehow.
>>
You gotta remember that it really HURTS LIKE FUCK UNLESS YOU HAVE DIABETES.

If you have type 2 diabetes there's a good chance you'll have some measure of neuropathy that affects the ability to feel the pain of a heart attack. Since so many people have type 2 diabetes this is where the deaths come from because they didn't take an uncomfortable tingle in their left arm seriously.

If you're otherwise healthy, but you think you're unhealthy because you've been scarfing burgers, the pain is 99.5% chance to be an anxiety attack. I've been in the ER personally a bazillion times, and a doctor told me this key thing about silent heart attacks. They're pretty much only for diabetics.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.