[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My entire life I've felt a void in me, an emptiness. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 750x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 750x538
My entire life I've felt a void in me, an emptiness. I've never really been able to fill it. I thought that when I got a girlfriend that it would be filled.

So 3 days ago I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years because this void wasn't filled.

I feel more empty then ever.

I was just wondering, if she was the one would this void have been filled or was I excepting to much?
>>
A girlfriend will not fix the problems that you have inside of yourself.

Take it from a marriedfag. Those problems may go away for a while, especially in the beginning of a relationship, but a relationship will not fix them. That is something you have to do on your own. Relationships make it easier, give you a larger support network, but it is both unrealistic and unfair to expect them to make everything better.

Get yourself checked for depression, too.
>>
>>16477722
I'm in your shoes bro.

That feeling of "Nothing really matters"
Or "In five years my only hope is to be still alive".

I've lived that. I'm still living that.

I don't know any solution. I've dumped girls. I've dropped jobs. I've changed majors.
I can't find any solutions.

I've taken up drinking this year and I hate it. I've spent so much money on booze and all it's done is dull the pain about being almost 30.

So I can't help you, bro. I know your conflict. But all I can say is never ever start drinking. Life was painful before but at least you didn't feel the urge.
>>
>>16477729
Its just so confusing, I've never really felt love and I'm 28, I've dates amazing girls, or maybe I'm just excepting to much! What is love supposed to feel like?

I feel empty and hurt without the girl I was with but I started getting doubts like I do with everything in my life.

I'm going to start going to a therapist because I do want to sort this out.
>>
>>16477757
Love starts out like everything is better and everything is wonderful and it feels like the hole you have has been filled in. You're in love and your partner is flawless and everything is perfect, or at least really good.

This period is called the honeymoon period. It ends after a few months. After that, things essentially go back to normal. The hole you had boarded up opens again. The relationship gets rockier. You start to argue more, to get fed up with each other.

Real love persists through this. Real love isn't the butterflies and swooning and racing heart. It's struggle and it's compromise and it's working as a team. Real love is supporting each other even through the difficulties. Real love is arguing to make your point but never digging in the knife because you want to hurt, even though you know exactly where to cut. At the risk of sounding like a sap, real love is staying together "through good times and bad, through richer and poorer, in sickness and in health".

Real love is a partnership, not standing still only gazing only at each other, but standing side by side and walking forward.
>>
>>16477797
I just felt like I would know it if I found it. And I just felt unsure because the void isn't gone, and I never really feel obsessive. I miss her terribly which let's me know I did have a lot of feelings I just don't know at what point to call it love . And there's just a part of me that worries about committing because there might be seething better out there
>>
>>16477722
From someone feeling similarly empty (recently got a house; feeling nothing), the only thing we can do is keep busy. Never stop doing something.
Work out. Take up creating art in one form or another. Learn a craft you haven't touched before.

Just keep moving.
The moment you stop is when it all catches up.
>>
>>16477877
>The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead.

You should watch Bojack, anon.
It'll make you feel less empty, briefly.
>>
>>16477755
Somewhat irrelevant, but try to start brewing your own. It'll save you money and might even turn into a hobby you enjoy.
>>
>>16477927
I've actually done that.
Brewed my own beer.
It was a fucking adventure.
One night I was awoken by one my my carboys erupting like fucking Vesuvius.
Too much sugar in the mix.

All in all, turned out well.

But I'm too far gone now. I need 100 proof shit otherwise I'm not getting drunk.
Yay tolerance.
>>
>>16477930
I'm glad you enjoyed it

You could try distilling it on the down low. Just don't let that explode.
>>
>>16477950
Get some real prohibition shit going, eh?

I'm getting like 10 dollars a session now, on shit I buy at the store.
Is brewing my own gonna be cheaper?
>>
>>16477960
Well, it depends on how much sugar costs wherever you are, but this should give you a rough idea.

>But seriously. Table sugar? Glucose? With glucose, the yield is about 50%, so if you start with 100kg, you'll wind up with about 50kg ethanol (about 63L). Table sugar, sucrose, being linked glucose/fructose, you'd likely get a little less, more chemistry going on probably would be less efficient. But 50% (note--by weight!) is a good rule of thumb.

>And, yes, the concentration is important. One hundred pounds (45kg) in 100gal (377L) is about 12% which is fine. But why add cornmeal? If it's for fuel [or your prohibition moonshine], just add yeast nutrients and don't mess with the goopy meal.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.