[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So health wise, what will happen to me over time if I just drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: break-up.jpg (39 KB, 629x255) Image search: [Google]
break-up.jpg
39 KB, 629x255
So health wise, what will happen to me over time if I just drink 4-6 bottles of beer a night instead of eating food?
>>
I've been doing that for years. Haven't been to the doctor but I ain't dead yet.
>>
>>16476639
Brain damage.

If the majority of the calories you take in are from alcohol, it leads to brain damage.

Will you be eating food throughout the day? Because that could alleviate this possibility.

Oh and also alcohol addiction will definitely happen as well.
>>
>>16476660

Considering alcohol is the only thing that brings me happiness, I can probably accept the addiction. I will be eating food during the day, just only drinking at night.
>>
You'll slowly get dumber. That's what happened to me. I made a vlog the other day, and I sound retarded compared to a few years ago. Just can't concisely articulate a proper thought. My memory is shit now too.
>>
>>16476679

Well, I'm already an idiot, so that doesn't bother me. I wouldn't be drinking heavily at night if I wasn't.
>>
>>16476697

Yeah. It happened to me mum. She was a sharp woman, who turned into a boozer. Barely middle-aged and she be running red lights and looks lost all the time. Rambles on about nonsense. Has no short-term memory. Tells the same story multiple times in the same week. Definitely some Alzheimer's setting in early from it.
>>
>>16476714

Cool, Alzheimers sounds good. The less I remember the better.
>>
File: 5646541161.jpg (48 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
5646541161.jpg
48 KB, 480x640
>>16476639
If you add few joints and subtract few beers then this will happen.

Make of that what you will
>>
>>16476771
If you drink to forget a specific event, keep in mind that alcohol will actually solidify the memory you are trying to forget. You forget what happens when you're drunk, and it messes up your short-term memory, but it solidifies memories you associate with the actual consumption of alcohol. If you're remembering a bad event and drink, that memory is only made more concrete.

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/31/14/5205.short
>>
>>16476783

So whats the solution then?
>>
>>16476714
>Definitely some Alzheimer's setting in early from it.
not alzheimers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernicke%E2%80%93Korsakoff_syndrome
>>
>>16476795

So kind of like the same thing? whatever
>>
>>16476789
Get sunlight, exercise, sleep, socialization, and good food to put yourself in a better mental state.

Distract yourself by filling your life with other things. Keep your brain busy learning new skills or doing interesting things. Form new memories you can pay attention to.

When you feel ready, address the hurt. Let yourself process it, let yourself get emotional. And give yourself time. Time doesn't heal all wounds but it makes them easier to deal with.
>>
>>16476814

I mean its been like 10 months, I should probably be over it by now right? We were together by 22 and over by 25. I'm 26 now and there isn't really much going for me at this point. Dating pool is dead. should have realized what I had but didn't. Oh well. Why not just be a dredge of society if its over?
>>
>>16476789
benzo's, ssri's, barbiturates.... even payed by insurance if you live in a first world country...
>>16476778
looks cringeworthy but healthy...
>>
>>16476827

I'd rather self medicate than take zombie pills, but tks
>>
File: ahahaa.jpg (121 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
ahahaa.jpg
121 KB, 498x750
then you'll become like me...alcoholic and alone.
>>
>>16476843
I know from experience, the right kind of medication works wonders. The right kind will be subtle but effective. It won't change who you are, it won't stop you from having emotions. It'll just lift your baseline.

Regardless, you life is not over at 25/ You still have plenty of time to change your life and remake it and find happiness. I've seen people your age, twice your age, and almost three times your age turn their lives around. It's never too late.
>>
File: 1447126471252.jpg (48 KB, 600x742) Image search: [Google]
1447126471252.jpg
48 KB, 600x742
>>16476885
medication is a smoke screen...living your dream is the real thing. Soon...I will live again.
>>
>>16476893

Yeah but there is no living without her

>>16476885

Right, let me get a therapist and forever label myself in the medical field as a mental case

That always works. Trade my dignity for mental care
>>
>>16476909

to elabaorate, what the fuck am I supposed to do? date other women? I've dated, I have. . tried to move on.. every girl is just boring, and simple.. she was complex, worth fighting for, and I let her go..

its over now. shes dating someone else. there is no going back. only forward into oblivion.
>>
OP, you don't want to listen to the people in this thread because you're in the depths of despair. Your brain does not want to accept "it gets better" and "it's not the end of the world" platitudes when you're in a mood like this. You also don't want to hear suggestions like "therapy" and "medication" because you don't think they will work.
But as bitter as they are to hear right now, they are still the truth. You as a person are in shambles right now, and you are poised on the brink of making it even worse. You need help, and you need to recognize that you need help.
All of the advice here is sound, OP. Take the one that seems the most palatable right now and give it a try. If it doesn't work, try another. Your life will get better but it will get better faster if you don't encourage this downward spiral.
>>
>>16476951

oh yeha? can you guarantee that? "my life will get better" yeah easy to say from the passenger side. You ca'nt know that. you will never know that. that is just optimistic bullshit to keep the world afloat.

10 months. 10 months of feeling this way. no change. only regret.
>>
>>16476964
I know it gets better because I have experienced it and I have seen it, repeatedly, in many, many people. I'm not just some passenger, my friend.
People have been giving you advice. It's difficult advice, I will admit. But there is nothing to gain from asking for help and then plugging your ears to the help that is offered.
You need help. You know this, as some deep-down level, or you wouldn't have come here.
The most reliable way for things to change to make your life better is for you to initiate the change. Your life will change regardless, that is how life goes, but if you want it to get better now, you need to change your current formula. This shit isn't easy. it's never easy. But believe when when i say that it works.
>>
>>16477000

What is the point of changing? I tried moving on. I tried. I fucking tried.there isn't a soul left in this worldbesides her that I'd wabt to try for. No one else.

Why couldn't I keep her? What is wrongwith me? Why me?
>>
>>16477074

Seriously, why me? I never evee deserved someone likr her

Now she,is gone forever. She,would never take me back
>>
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. That number is so large it is literally incomprehensible to the human mind.

There's going to be someone out there for you. It's basic math.
>>
>>16477173

consider the flipside, there is 7 billion people in the world, and fate put us together.

all I hads to do, ALL I HAD TO DO was care for her. I took her for granted. someone else swooped in and took her from me. fucked up part? he probably is good to her. amazing. but the only problem.

he isn't me.

mosyt people by my age will have met their someone. chances are I could be a lot of peoples someone. but not this late in life. not while they have a someone
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.