[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The depression hurts guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1437480923911.jpg (12 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
1437480923911.jpg
12 KB, 227x222
since everyother board has told me to kill myself I thought I'd try here. My gf left my a few weeks ago and at first I took it very hard and got better and even thought I was fine but this week the depression has come back and has taken me to new lows. It seriously hurts not having her in my life anymore I just wanna talk to her and had to delete all forms of communication with her so I don't. I've just been severally depressed this week and can't get past it. what do I do guys
>>
>>16476450
Been there man and it blows, im not going to sugar coat shit so know it will continue to blow.

But understand the rest of us are happy without your girl and so eventually will you. Shit takes time.

If you kill yourself you're a bitch that cant deal with some stress, you're no bitch so you harden the fuck up and go meet up with some mates and have fun.
>>
You had a girlfriend OP. You already made it.
>>
>>16476450
talk to a professional psychotherapist, it really helps
>>
>>16476450
Get to a therapist ASAP. It will help you immensely.

As for right now, allow yourself to feel the pain. It is going to hurt for a long time and you will be very sad for a long time. You may be able to find moments during the day where you can be at peace with what happened. Eventually, you'll feel more of these moments, and even feel happy.

Exercise will help. Go for a long walk, or go to a yoga class.
>>
>>16476845
I'm not sure I can exercise I'm already stressed with my college shit enough and having to take time out of my day for shit related to topic isn't helping me at all
>>
>>16476450
The other boards were right. Just kill yourself
>>
>>16476450
As someone who has had depression for several years, I can relate to you! My periods of depression have been the worst moments of my life but the good thing is that it's not permanent especially if there's an outside reason that is causing it, namely your breakup. The best thing I can tell you now is to talk to your friends and family about your breakup. Depending on the person, it can really help. Even if you don't have people in your life to open up to, you can talk to random strangers on the internet (like in 4chan). Another thing is to get a diary and pour your soul and feelings into words.
And like I said before, this moment will pass! You will grow stronger and learn from your experiences. You might even become a totally different person. Don't forget that you're not alone! Most of us go through what you're going through. Good luck, anon! Here, have a hug. *hug*
>>
>>16476904
that was deep and much needed anon I'm going to take that advise and just write all the emotion out, I don't really have any friends that'd I'd be willing to talk to this about so that seems like the best option at this point
>>
>>16476450
I've been there, and to be perfectly honest, I'm still not completely out yet. It's been several months since my break up and for the first few weeks, I couldn't even go outside. I couldn't bear to see other people.

Things have gotten better, though. I have more friends now than I ever did when I was with her, I have a great job in a field that I love, and I've been living more for me. It's going to be hard, friend, there's no way to get around it. You need to walk through hell and just get it over with. Cry when you feel like crying. Don't hold that shit in. Talk to your friends and family about it. That helped me tremendously in the first few weeks. Think about things you used to love to do on your own and go back to doing them. For me, it was hiking, playing guitar, and video games. Lose yourself in your hobbies but don't forget to occasionally go out and be among people. I have a favorite bar that I go to where the bartenders know me and we chat for a bit while I drink. I've managed to pick up some girls which has done wonders for my self esteem, which is one of the many things a break up can destroy. I'm not saying to need to start hooking up with chicks, but positive female attention is good for pretty much any guy.

Good luck, my friend. You can do this.
>>
>>16476450

I am right there with you OP. The person I was seeing left me high and dry. They went into treatment for alcohol abuse and have refused to talk to me since (ive been the only sober person in their life for ages!). I don't know why. They get my messages, read them, refuses to respond.

some days I feel like staying in bed and crying all day. Others, I force myself to get out of bed and goto class / work just to stay distracted.

I think they used this excuse to go into another relationship but are too chickenshit to tell me. They left me hanging. no answers, no closure, no nothing.

I've been depressed as fuck this week since it is a year to the day (tomorrow) since we first met. The only thing I ask them is for an answer which they refuse to give.

Hang in there OP, we will all make it. Just have to take it one step at a time. Its tough as hell but you'll make it.
>>
Talk to friends if you can. A counselor or a therapist is even better. My boyfriend just left me the other day after a two year relationship so I'm very sorry and I understand what you're going through in my own way. I feel broken and worthless. I keep crying out of nowhere without anything really triggering it. I just want it to be over but It has only started and i know It takes time. It helps to stay busy. To work on something. Even if it feels empty or pointless it still helps. Cry if you need to. Think about goals or positives in your life. You might think they're not there but you can find them. Don't listen to assholes telling you to kill yourself, they are heartless cowards and you are better than that.
>>
>>16476859
Exercise really helps. Even if you only do it for a bit it will relieve some of the negativity. I hate exercise and I have a tight schedule also but some days 15 minutes on a bike gets me through another few hours.
>>
I'm also suffering and feeling depressed over a long distance relationship that lasted 1 in hear in person plus 8 months apart, and that's been on the process of ending.

I invested so much on the future I could have with this guy. But depression hit him (he's been depressed many times in life) and he destroyed everything we had. He felt lonely because he didn't have many friends, and also had a problem with his family, and then he just couldn't deal with anything anymore, me included. The long distance was tough, but I always kept my mind on the future, when we could live together again. I've tried to state that I can wait for him to get better again, and that he could count on me to go through this phase in his life, but he kept pushing me away. I think he doesn't love me anymore.

I think I know what you're feeling, OP.
>>
>>16477520
Your story is similar to mine. My boyfriend struggled a lot with depression. We had a hard time communicating with one another and I didn't realize how badly he was hurting until he broke and left me. It's very difficult and I'm sorry.
>>
>>16477536
So, was there a point when be wasn't depressed anymore and you guys could talk about what happened?

I recently convinced my ex-boyfriend to go to therapy, and I think that he can see that he ended the only stable thing he had going on for him for years, and that he feels dumb and guilty for breaking up, but he can't handle himself or anything right now.....

I'm just dieing to feel some hope. I love him deeply
>>
No one will miss you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.