[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to talk/flirt with girls at their workplace? A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: cashier2.png (272 KB, 584x330) Image search: [Google]
cashier2.png
272 KB, 584x330
Is it possible to talk/flirt with girls at their workplace? A cashier in this situation.

Everything I think of either seems really "cringy" (as my friend said, although he's no dime), or makes me feel as though I'll just be a jerk for saying it.

Basically, how do I move from being a customer to someone she recognizes/is attracted to?
>>
Service workers don't want to talk to customers for the most part unless they are incredibly attractive.
>>
>>16475676
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking.

I'm good looking, but Idk if I'm distract you from work good looking.

Is it still worth it to try? I've been in there a twice in the last 2 weeks, and saw her looking at me. It's possible that was all in my head, though.
>>
>>16475697
bruh just go up to her and ask her out. Whats the worst thing thats going to happen she rejects you, big deal dude. I asked a girl out who was a cashier at hastings she rejected me and i was totally cool with it and that was it. The point is you never know until you try.
>>
>>16475704
Like, I really want to just do this. The problem is that I go there, and that there are going to be other people in the store.

Like I might as well just bring spaghetti to throw at her. Would probably be equally as effective.
>>
>>16475720

Didn't realize you were a sperg.

Don't even bother. She will likely immediately recognize that you are mentally deficient and turn you down.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223 KB, 1921x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223 KB, 1921x1080
>>16475720
Okay I can see where your coming from your afraid of being rejected by her in front of other people and dont want to get her or yourself embarrassed, I understand that I do, I've been there Im pretty sure everyone has. But this is how you start, this is how you build up your self esteem it will literally make you a stronger person mentally and emotionally. Ive been rejected by woman with other people around sure it was really awkward at first but you eventually become more mature and less effected by it as you continue to look for a date. You just have to understand that your going to win some and lose some its all part of life bruh. Just do it.
>>
>>16475963
OP here.

I follow you. I guess I just don't know what I should say, and I'm going to "duh" out halfway through.

I've dated plenty of girls in the past, and I'm not a virgin either. The difference is that every single one of those girls that I had dated in the past I knew by association. I had a reason to be around them in one way or another.

And now I've built up this stupid oneitis around this dumb girl that works at a store. I'm being stupid
>>
Please do not hit on people at their workplace. It is awkward because they are basically FORCED to be nice to you and it puts them in an uncomfortable position when they either a) have to turn you down politely in front of other customers, or b) have to comply because they are afraid to say 'no' to a customer and then they are basically trapped in a no-win situation. Just find another girl, dude. She won't be into you. Do you know how many people a cashier sees in a day? You are nothing to her but just another customer.
>>
Yes.

That's because you're trying to use figures of speech instead of being a bold and direct motherfucker.

You don't "move" while being a stranger to her except for trying to get a date. Her physical attraction and comfort with your personality are enough.
>>
Just be a regular. Buy just a little bit each time so you come in more regularly. Chit chat, comment on the weather. Ask for help around the store.
"Hey, you're always so helpful. Thank you! What's your name? Ah, nice to meet you whatsherface. My name is whositwhatsit. I'll see you next time!"

If she starts lighting up when you come in, thats good.

But be careful who is arround. I got in trouble at my workplace when a guy asked me out and I gave him my number.

But here's what his technique was:

>Ringing out items, he comments on my dress, complimenting the bright color
>I thank him and we chat a bit about colors and what kind of psychological effects it has on people.
>I smile a lot, I ring him out, he leaves

>He comes back a while later that day, I recognize him and say "Welcome back!"
>He says, "At the risk of making your workplace uncomfortable, would you like to go out for coffee some time?"

He was very polite about everything and I felt comfortable with the interaction. I liked that he walked away after the pleasant conversation since I got to be cheery over a positive interaction and think about him for a while.
>>
>>16476092
>uncomfortable situation
#BLM pls go

Life is a series of uncomfortable situations. "Have to turn you down politely in front of others" is basic social competence.
>>
>>16476103
OP here: Thank you!

So it is possible.

I guess the biggest problem for me is just not knowing what to say. I never seem to. I'm cursed with a bizarre (read: bad) sense of humor and almost no personality.

I get the whole "he's nice" routine a lot, it's kind of like what someone says when they can't think of another adjective to describe someone.
>>
>>16476138
But if you're aware of your type of personality, doesn't that mean you're also aware of how other guys act differently? Even if it doesn't come naturally you could at least try to imitate other personality archetypes with a little bit of thought. Why not try that?
>>
>>16476147
I never really thought of it that way, I guess I've been conditioned by the whole "be yourself" speech.

I don't know what works because nothing seems to for me. I've always just been ultra passive and waited for someone to come my way, I guess.
>>
>>16476097
>You don't "move" while being a stranger to her except for trying to get a date. Her physical attraction and comfort with your personality are enough

I'm afraid I don't understand this. Wouldn't I need to be something more than just a customer in order for her to even remember that I even exist? My question is how to I get to that point?

There's like this barrier between where I am and where I want to be, and I just don't know why I'm not cut out to cross it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.