[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My youngest sister (15) is blind. We get along exceptionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: 0a3dfc5da43e11ee.jpg (265 KB, 617x800) Image search: [Google]
0a3dfc5da43e11ee.jpg
265 KB, 617x800
My youngest sister (15) is blind. We get along exceptionally well, since her accident brought us a lot closer together. I helped her through a lot of stuff back then (still do) and was basically the one going to her appointments with her as my father couldn't just quit working because of it, although he did take quite a lot of time off.
Ever since my sister turned blind, she just seeks a lot more physical contact. She tends to sit really close to me, I lead her around holding her hand in crowded places (jokingly referred to as me being her seeing eye brother), we hug a lot and she also like to cuddle up to me.
Now this girl I have been kinda dating for a few weeks and was friends with before "caught" us cuddling up while watching a film on the couch in my room (not like we were hiding anything, but that's how she saw it). It's nothing unusual for me and my sister, we were just having a lazy Saturday, so still in pyjamas, and she came by.
I can understand if some women are uncomfortable with this, but I never told her because I simply didn't think about it. To me that's just my everyday life. However, she went totally berserk, cussing, screaming how this would be completely disgusting and so on.
I tried talking to her about this in a calm manner, but she wouldn't have any of it, didn't even listen. Nothing I can't take, so I just wanted her to get this out of her system and then talk to her, we were friends after all and sort of dating.
When she started insulting and threatening my sister, I just saw red, threw her out and told her to never come near either of us again. It's just something I won't tolerate at all and she knew, all my friends know talking about my sister is a line you simply don't cross, especially like that. She did it anyway.
It took me a good while to calm my sister down again. She was pretty shaken up and crying because of being legitimately scared by that girl.
>>
>>16475665
Now my question is whether she or I or both overreacted. Is the relationship between me and my sister really that weird? I have had one girl before stop dating me because she said she wasn't comfortable with it, but we ended things on good terms and both understood the other, so now we are pretty good friends. This time it has just been so different and I am wondering if there are even women out there who'd be okay with this situation. Pushing my sister away is not an option for me, I won't ever consider doing that.

>tl;dr: Girl I have been kind of dating saw my blind younger sister cuddled up to me on the couch and started screaming that'd be disgusting, insulting my sister and me. Threw her out, told her to never talk to me again. Did anyone (possibly both) overreact? Is our relationship really that weird? Are their women who could accept this?
>>
>>16475666
Well, she overreacted, but she was also working off of faulty information (i.e. that you were fucking your sister). You should probably have known better than to reinforce this impression by losing it, but whatever. Now you know it maybe an issue going on in future. It does sound like you may have dodged a bullet with that one.

Although with her being blind it really does make a lot of sense for her to be touchy feely, and some families are like that anyway, so
>>
>>16475665
Well you did overreact. Simply calmly telling her to leave would have been good.

If you really like the girl apologize for losing your temper but tell her calmly that she deserved to be kicked out. If she freaks out be happy you dodged a bullet.
>>
>>16475666
Their opinions are irrelevant.

No matter how much time it's been since she had this accident, it's still an adjustment. She needs that contact else it's just her in the dark.

So no. You're fine. The fact that you overreacted after the girl you dated also overreacted isn't great. It's not bad either.

Family comes first. Bitches should always be last on your list.
Also sweet Satan trips.
>>
>>16475696
He did not over-react, you pansy ass. Him hitting her is an over-reaction. If anyone over-reacted, it was the bitch. He shouldnt apologize for anything, you kek
>>
Bro you just saw the true colours of that crazy cunt... she should just calling you aside and ask you... but she went berserk... thise bitches are only good to fuck and thats it...
Hang in there bro... your sister needs you and you are a good person...

A real girlfriend would ask how she can be near your sister too and help with her and be close to her too...

Stupid cunt i cant believe it man...
Post her picture... probably she was hot as hell with crazy eyes
>>
>>16475688
Do you think this woman is that dense?
She knows anon's sister suffers a terrible accident that caused her to be blind and it probably makes her comfortable to cuddle up to her big brother who she can't even fucking look at anymore? I would find nothing wrong with this. If I came in and saw this I would greet them both and sit down next to them. His girlfriend is a piece of shit and owes them both a huge apology
>>
>>16475665
I'm totally with you there, OP.
From what you stated, you haven't done anything wrong. You tried explaining but she wouldn't listen.
Since your sister is blind I can only understand that physical contact is needed to cope with not being able to see you.
You're a hero, man. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>16475665
I think that you could have been more calm in your delivery, but your girlfriend definitely overreacted.

You were in the right until when you exploded, even though that really is kind of a legitimate reason to explode.

Best thing you can do is explain to your girlfriend what the situation is, and that it isn't how she thinks it is.

She's a biased 3rd party who doesn't understand how you are with your loved ones, so it probably seemed odd to her. Her family must simply behave differently.

She acted immature, and she probably knows it now. Give her a second chance, and explain the situation calmly.
>>
>>16475712
This.
I wish I had an older brother like you
>no creepiness intended
>>
File: CDEW6nAUgAA4EPa.jpg large.jpg (51 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
CDEW6nAUgAA4EPa.jpg large.jpg
51 KB, 387x580
troll thread, everyone posting is fucking retarded

/fit/ go away with your epic (15) pecs threads

kill yourself OP
>>
>>16475665
Anon is a good older brother.

Girlfriend seems like a bitch. That's a classic move women make when arguing, they find themselves losing so they just start insulting whatever they can find.
>>
>>16475688

How in the fuck is he reinforcing the FALSE impression that he's fucking his sister by kicking the stupid bitch out when he started insulting a disabled girl and the brother supporting her?

If your Mom had a fucked up leg and you helped her up the stairs and your "girl" started accusing you of fucking your Mom because you guys are arm and arm, are you not going to get angry at their irrationality when you try to calmly explain the truth and they continue on their angry tirade?

By losing it, he proves that he actually gives a damn about his sister. How fucking bad do you think she felt listening to someone accuse her brother of such things? She probably would have felt like shit, thinking it was her fault (and her disability) that he's getting blamed and that he's being inconvenienced for. She's fucking BLIND, she can't tell how they look to onlookers. She's probably going to be traumatized by this and wonder if this might have a negative effect on her brother's social life and begin to reject help.

I'm usually pretty calm about almost anything, but one of the things that really drives me absolutely insane is when people jump to absurd conclusions on very simple and loose observations. The other one is people who think I'm OK with listening to them talk shit about my family, PARTICULARLY my younger siblings.
>>
>>16475688
>i.e. that you were fucking your sister
What? Oh god, no. Who would think that? I never thought about that being what she thought. I don't even know what to say to that...
I still wouldn't have thought twice about throwing her out though, not after that line she crossed.

My family isn't like that at all. There isn't much bodily contact, just hugging at times and I am usually not much for bodily contact myself (I was even suspected to have aspergers when very young, but I do not and turned out fine).
The situation with my sister is entirely different though and I feel more comfortable with her in that regard, mainly because I just feel like that's part of me being protective and her needing it. She does tell me it helps her a lot.

>>16475696
I know that would have been better. I just can't think clearly anymore when someone scares my sister like that. I can't imagine what it feels like to have someone screaming at you without being able to see a thing.
I know I do get protective, sometimes a little too much, but she is my absolute priority in that situation and I just wanted to get her out of it.
Thinking back on it does still make my blood boil and I don't think I can stand seeing her again after that.

>>16475702
Thanks.
It is still pretty hard for her. The accident was just 4 years ago and it has been anything but easy. Her being alone in the dark is pretty much what I try to avoid with this. She still feels really anxious if she doesn't know where anyone is in the room with her, so this is like some sort of anchor, I guess.

>>16475706
I didn't get physical. I would have only forced her to leave had she refused, for the sake of my sister.

>>16475708
My friends are pretty amazing when it comes to my sister. They really go out of their way to make her feel welcome and part of things.
However, I have lost quite a few "friends" over my sister's condition.
But that's the thing, she seemed like a normal, friendly girl and got along with my sister.
>>
>>16475733
it's a fit meme you retard, stop posting

apparently there's several threads on /adv/ with the same format at the moment
>>
How was your sister watching a movie?
>>
>>16475666
You may have lost your cool man, but damn if it wasn't justified. You did the right thing.

Are you sure you never ever want to see her or hear her again, though? Her reaction was way overboard, but maybe she - like you - just lost her cool, and she might feel genuinely sorry. If she reaches out, I'd advise you to at least listen, for closure if nothing else.
>>
>>16475710
>>16475712
>>16475719
Thanks, I am glad to hear that.

>>16475716
I don't really think I can giver her that second chance.

>>16475725
Never been on /fit/ and what does this have to do with pecs?
I just seriously doubted myself there and was kinda worried about this being a huge deal for everyone else, thinking it's creepy and me being wrong about this and simply not seeing it because I am too close to the situation.

>>16475733
>She probably would have felt like shit, thinking it was her fault (and her disability) that he's getting blamed and that he's being inconvenienced for.
>and wonder if this might have a negative effect on her brother's social life
She already is blaming herself for the friends I lost over this and also for both relationships ending because of our situation. I keep telling her that it's not her fault. She didn't choose to be blind and it was my decision to always put her first in those situations. Telling her this does help, but it is eating her up.
We have joined sessions at our psychiatrist for this and are working through it, I hope.

>I'm usually pretty calm about almost anything
>The other one is people who think I'm OK with listening to them talk shit about my family, PARTICULARLY my younger siblings.
That's me exactly. People get annoyed by me being a little too laid back, at least my family does from time to time, but anyone talking bad about my family and that's over with.

>>16475738
Really? I am not aware, sorry. But I did get some good, reassuring responses on here, so I am thankful for that, even if you don't believe me.
I am usually just on 4chan for wallpapers and technology, but have started reading advice lately and like it here.
>>
Except that there's cuddling and then there's CUDDLING....
are you fucking your sister anon? Not like there's anything wrong with it...
>Incest is best.
>>
if you don't fuck your sister, who will?
Do it OP
>>
>>16475762
Well, she does not "watch" movies, but she listens to them and understands what is happening, telling characters apart by their voice.
There are also movies for the blind with audio commentary on what you can see. You can get those in libraries for the blind, f.e. There are not too many of those unfortunately and hardly ever any current ones.
You just need to stay away from action movies or the like and focus on dialogue heavy stuff.
Last movie we watched was Margin Call, f.e.
Blind people can do a lot more than you think and we luckily live in a country with a good infrastructure and activities to cater to their needs.

>>16475769
If she reaches out, I would not block that attempt, even if it's just for her to feel better.
I just know I don't want to pursue a relationship with her anymore and I definitely won't come crawling back for forgiveness.
I highly doubt she will talk to me again though. I was quite clear in that moment I never wanted to hear from her again. A mutual friend told me she was quite scared of me in that moment.
Maybe that mutual friend would be a way to communicate a few things though.

>>16475794
What? No. Does that even need to be said?
I love her, but not in that way. She is my sister and all I am doing is being there for her as best I can. I never thought this could lead to people even suspecting something like this.

>>16475812
I know you are just doing this to fuck with me, but she should have no problem finding a boyfriend. Why would she?
>>
>>16475665
Considering I know too many people who lost their virginity to their siblings, I can see where she's coming from, but she was still in the wrong. Your sister is not her competition.

Is she?
>>
>>16475737
>Who would think that?
I assumed that was the conclusion she'd leapt to given this line.
>she went totally berserk, cussing, screaming how this would be completely disgusting

Regardless, upon reflection I think you were probably right. Losing your temper wasn't ideal, but it was both understandable and still more reasonable than her response. Apologies if I insulted you.
>>
>>16475824
>I know you are just doing this to fuck with me, but she should have no problem finding a boyfriend. Why would she?
because she's blind?
>>
>>16475841
That doesn't need to be a problem. I read a cute blog many years ago about a guy's relationship with his blind girlfriend in which he detailed many aspects of their life. It seemed to work pretty well for them.
>>
>>16475825
Really? How common a thing is this.
I thought it was just a meme or fringe fetish.
>tfw no blind brother to fuck.
>>
>>16475825
You do? Why would they tell anyone?
I personally don't know any person engaging in incest present or past and pretty much consider it to be an extremely rare phenomenon.
I don't see how my sister could be competition in that field. She has actually been a pretty big help with my decisions on whether to pursue a relationship in the past. She tends to see red flags I still overlook at times, probably because of being too close to the girl.

>>16475838
You did nothing to insult me at all.
I just didn't even consider this to be what she thought because it seems so far fetched to me. You are probably right about it though if I thank back to it.

>>16475841
So? Your point is?
It's not like being blind is a character flaw or anything. Yes, it does make things more complicated and scares of some guys, but if that scares them off, they were the wrong ones in the first place.
She is intelligent, cute, funny, caring and beautiful and that's not just me saying this as her older brother. I'd go for and marry someone like her in an instant.

>>16475859
I don't see why it wouldn't work either, as long as you take the time to adjust to it and learn about the condition.
You could say I have enough experience with the daily life of someone blind by now, so it's easy for me to say, but I wouldn't have a problem with dating or marrying a blind person at all. It does even have some minor advantages like never bothering anyone with light at night and her just being way better at navigating or finding things in the dark.

>>16475872
That's pretty much what I think it is.
If you'd have a brother, you'd probably not be into him.
Reading about it in some books or seeing that kind of relationship in movies is one thing and doesn't bother me at all. People should just do what makes them happy. But your actual sibling? That's a whole different story. Even the thought after it came up in this thread is really weird to me. That feeling is kind of hard to describe.
>>
>>16475906
>I don't see why it wouldn't work either
I can see at least one possible snag, namely that from how you've described her your sister seems to be the sort of person who might feel like she was a burden on her partner, regardless of their input on the matter.
>>
>>16475666
>>16475665
It honestly seems normal to me

bitches these days just can't understand I guess
>>
>>16475938
Hmm... That is the kind of person she is at the moment. We are working on this in therapy though, which we started shortly after she got out of the hospital to help her cope with things and avoid depression or suicidal tendencies. Becoming blind all of a sudden with no warning really puts a strain on your psyche.
She does cuddle up to me crying when thoughts of never having a normal life or never having a relationship hit her, because at times she does think that's hopeless due to her blindness, usually at night. So I just comfort her until she calms down and falls asleep.
But she is still really young and has time to work on this. It's only been 4 years for her to come to terms with such a life changing event at such a young age.
Aside from that she is the most positive and happiest person I ever met.
I know it's kinda weird, but I'd be okay with it if it were just the two of us forever as well, as long as she is happy. (I actually wanted to become a priest until her accident. She doesn't know I decided to not go through with it because of her.)

>>16475944
Thanks. I am a lot more confident about this thanks to this thread. Most people seem to be really understanding and I probably just picked the wrong girl.
>>
Another thing you can say to your sister about this is that this helps see the true people in your life.

Sure, if there was never any upset in your relationship with this girl, maybe you would have gone far. Maybe you would have gotten married if nothing ever set her off. But that girl still has the capability in her dull heart to ask a guy to put her relationship before his family. She is not an understanding and open minded person.

You'd want to know if you were with someone vile like that. You didn't lose anyone of quality who would turn away from you like this.

Turn it into a thank you.
>>
>>16476035
I did tell her this when I lost some "friends" back then. It really did help me see who my true friends are, sticking it out and going doing their best to help.
I also keep telling her I wouldn't want to be with anyone not accepting of her and our situation. She knows she comes first, because I think she needs me more and I love her and want to be there for her.
But I do suppose it's a good idea to point out to her that it really helped me see who that girl actually is as a person and not just who she seemed to be while all was going well.
It's never a wise idea to force me to decide between anyone or anything and my sister, you can only lose.
I do like the idea of turning this around completely and making something positive out of it. Thank you. I hope that will help her feeling better instead of like a burden for my social and dating life, which she honestly couldn't be.
>>
>>16476074
She's very lucky to have you.
>>
>>16475666
you did what any decent person should have done, I actually feel some sort of "faith in humanity" kinda thing while reading it.

Keep doing what you do anon, if anything, explain the situation beforehand. I can't see how any decent person would still have problems with that. It shows you're a caring person and I'd find a girl who'd take care of her blind brother definetly more interesting rather than less (though explaining the situation before seeing it would kinda make it less weird).

it's actually a fucking brilliant shit-test to seperate crazy bitches from decent women.
>>
>>16475666
>Now my question is whether she overreacted.
hells yeah she did

family comes first
>>
Okay, switching this up a bit.

Say I was your sisters boyfriend and I saw her cuddling up to you as you described I guess I would be a bit miffed. Not to the point of throwing a fit, mind you, but I'd definitely talk to your sister about it and if she said it gives her comfort I would want it to be me who gives her that kind of comfort.

Just a random thought.
>>
>>16476836
Well you'd have to get over it. It's her brother, who would you be to tell her she has to come to you to feel better and not him? Sure, significant others are supposed to comfort each other, but he's been there since the beginning of her life. And she's only 15 fucking years old.

Anyone who would get jealous over this situation has some screws loose or has read too many fucking incest stories on 4chan.
>>
>>16476847
>Anyone who would get jealous over this situation has some screws loose or has read too many fucking incest stories on 4chan.
It may just be an American/western thing: Americans think most extended (longer than 5 seconds) body contact is too much for non-romance. My family has some Hungarian friends, and they don't have the same "personal bubble" we do. They don't mind as father and son (both adults) walking and holding hands. If we saw them doing that in the USA, I guarantee strangers would be very confused about their relationship
>>
>>16475665
Personally, for me, I can understand a little bit of her reaction. There's a difference between helping someone about and giving them the odd hug, to sitting snuggling into them watching a movie. Heck even if I saw a grown ass man do it to his mother, or a female do it to her dad or whatever combination you want, I'd find it odd.

If I saw that, I would stop dating the girl. Family is family, but that sort of physical intimacy is usually reserved for one person.

You said another girl had the same sort of uncomfortableness. If girls are noticing a pattern, the behaviour is on your part. You are too touchy-feely with your sister and it's scaring people off.

Sure, your sister went blind. I understand that. But what you're doing steps over the line for most people consider comfortable.

An extreme example would be a grown ass man breastfeeding on his mother. Even if it was COMPLETELY non sexual, it's still weird as fuck for most standard people.

You might want to sit and have a think about your attitude. Regardless if your sister is blind or not, it's beyond socially acceptable. If you want to have relationships, you're going to either find someone who will bypass it, or cut it out.
>>
>>16477178
I don't see what's strange about it at all, i still have ticklefights with my little brother and he's 18, and he also cuddles with the whole family a lot.
The only reason I don't tickle my father too often any more is cause he's afraid of being injured...

and this is the netherlands, which is considered to have a scandinavia-tier level of physical distance.
>>
>>16477178
Depending on the people and the circumstances it could look 'not quite right' but people who suffer trauma like going blind at critical stages of their development may retain child like needs for emotional and physical closeness. They really need this to feel safe and to be able to relax, it is almost surrendering yourself to the care and protection of a trusted person so you can lower your guard and tune out a little.

Watching this as a third person, yes it can look all wrong, but it isn't. What OP is giving his sister by taking over as her physical protector when she cuddled into him is very important to her mental well being.

Also, the blind sister has no idea what this looks like to an outsider. At 15 and losing her sight at 11 means she has remembered imagery of an 11 year old, not of an adolescent or adult.
>>
if a girl your dating has a problem with you being close to your disabled sister then they're the fucking weird insecure one, OP. Not you.

Keep being an awesome brother, your sis is lucky to have you.
>>
>>16475666
You didn't overreact, I would have fucking decked her.
And no I don't think being cuddly with your sister is that weird unless you're groping and kissing and shit.
>>
OP, you're fine. Unless you've posted otherwise later in the thread, she was THREATENING your sister rather than just insulting her. If someone is threatening your family inside you own house you have every reason to throw them out. I can't imagine nicely asking someone to leave when they're yelling threats.
Your situation might give me an initial bad feeling, simplified as "bf is cuddling with another girl." Blowing up or threats is way overboard though. I can definitely imagine suddenly going blind would be really hard. You're used to being able to look over at your family, and that's how you know they're there. Without that, it makes sense that you'd want to physically feel them there. If anything it'd seem a bit messed up if you weren't willing to do that. Rejecting it or feeling weird would imply YOU think it's sexual.
So think of it this way. There are some people, guys and girls, that are completely against their SO even talking to someone of the other gender and issue ultimatums over it. That's probably her type, and not a good type to be with.
>>
>>16477178
>but that sort of physical intimacy is usually reserved for one person.

nigga whut?
>>
Went to sleep at some point and came back to find this thread still up and on the front page, was kinda surprised as I thought it was pretty much over with.

>>16476781
>Keep doing what you do anon, if anything, explain the situation beforehand.
Yeah, I did learn that this would probably be a wise decision. It just never occurred to me, because that's simply everyday life to me.

>>16476836
I'd be okay with that, if that's what she wants. But that's a decision I will let her make when she has a boyfriend.
I will not tell her to stop or dial it back. Being there for her is the most important thing to me. If she doesn't need and want this anymore, that's fine. Yes, I would be sad, but the strongest response would be being happy about her progress.
I can perfectly understand what you describe though. I like being protective, so I would want to take on that role as well. However, I'd also understand her wanting to continue this. It's not like any boyfriend is around 24/7, or at least always there when she feels really low.

>>16477178
I can understand if one wants to stop dating over this. I am fine with that, it's your choice after all. I've had one girl talk to me about it in a civil manner and we are good friends now. It's about the way things ended this time.
If this results in me being unable to have a relationship, so be it. I originally wanted to become a Catholic priest, so it's not like the thought of never having a relationship is new to me. I simply refuse to push my sister away or distance myself from her. She is more important to me than having a relationship and although things are heart breaking at times, I am genuinely happy with us two together. She is literally the only person I never fight with and am never annoyed by. I can't speak for her though.
My father says it's a little scary (like otherworldly scary), but great we get along that well. I guess it takes some burden off of him, so he doesn't have to deal with all of this alone.
>>
>>16475665
Girlfriend grossly over-reacted, you didn't. But, while there is nothing sexually dubious about you and your sister, her emotional reliance on you could stunt her socialization and her opportunities to find other people (friends and boyfriends) to become close to.

You are, by the way, one of Nature's true gentlemen, and I salute you.
>>
>>16478208
I am from Germany. Now I don't what people think about our level of physical intimacy, but I think it's pretty similar to the Netherlands.

>>16478307
She was threatening my sister while insulting her, which is what shook her up that much and pretty much left her a crying mess.
And as I said, I can understand not feeling comfortable with it and that's fine. It's the fact she blew up like that which threw me off.
But no, there is nothing sexual about the relationship with my sister. Our therapist explained there might be a small risk of those feelings developing with that level of physical contact, how that'd be all natural and perfectly fine, nothing to feel guilty about and all that, but that's not the case with us. I suspect she is just being thorough.

>>16478371
Thanks for your concern about her. We are having regular therapy sessions and do talk about how we are relying on each other. Because of our character there is a risk of us developing a codependent relationship, so we monitor that closely.
My sister did find new friends after that accident and is also pretty well integrated into my circle of friends. The only real problematic thing so far is her and my romantic life. I am okay with that on my part, I just would like to know whether having a romantic life in my situation is even a real option.
I will bring this topic up at our next joint therapy session though to make sure I know how my sister feels about this and what we need to do to make her wishes happen.
So thank you for mentioning it.

And thanks to all the others responding here. I truly am grateful for all these reassuring words, knowing what I did wasn't really out of line.
However, I am not that good a person. I believe it's what anyone would do.
>>
>>16475665

Honestly it sounds like you should just marry your sis
>>
>tfw no big brother to cuddle with
life is suffering
>>
nah youre fine. probably should have dropped her but probably not
>>
File: WP_20150113_002.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150113_002.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>16478422
You are OP. Here's a kitty for being a cool dude.
>>
>>16478471

This. She'll never find a man blind since she'll be abused and assaulted since she can't defend herself and is afraid to be alone. You gotta step up to the plate
>>
>>16478480
>tfw no little sister to cuddle with
>>
>>16475665
You were fine. Please for the love of god do not start flinching away from your sister. Lonely darkness like that sounds like actual hell. Good to hear you understand about the co-dependancy problem and that she has friends.

But if this has concerned you enough to post on 4chan, please be very conscious of not flinching away from her. She might need some convincing that you're actually still okay with being there for her too.
>>
File: J U S T D O I T.gif (1 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
J U S T D O I T.gif
1 MB, 540x300
>>16475906
>I'd [...] marry [...] her in an instant.
>>
>>16478618
Don't worry, I won't start doing that.
My concern was whether I overreacted and whether this situation is making me undateable in the eyes of others. I think I'll simply put my dating life on hold.
I do make sure to show her I love what we have together. I actually enjoy her cuddling up to me way too much to move away from that, it just plays right into me feeling protective of her. So I don't think I'd ever have to worry on that front. If anything we have both been seeking this even more since and I am sure we will talk about this incident in therapy.
Still, thank you for mentioning it and I'll make sure to monitor my behaviour and tell her to also talk to me about any possible changes in it.

>>16478471
>>16478487
>>16478625
Are there so many people on here into this as a fetish or what is going on? I was even asked whether I was having sex with my little sister earlier.
This is not just some fantasy, it's my actual little sister.
And btw. marrying her wouldn't even be possible. We do have laws governing incest in my country. So where is that coming from and what are you thinking?
I also believe there have to be good guys out there, so she does have a chance at a happy and healthy relationship. Not everyone is an abusive ass. But if anyone dares to abuse or assault her, I honestly don't know what I'd be capable of. Just the thought is enough to make me rage already.

>>16478480
>>16478507
I guess I am lucky in that regard. It really caters to my character. But I'd be way happier if she wouldn't have to go through all of this. It's absolutely heart breaking to see her worrying about things that are normal for other girls her age or scared because of some situation she can't handle or is simply way worse for her due to her condition. I'd do literally anything to stop this from happening.
>>
So you watch a movie and your sister is fine with just listening? While cuddled up? You don't describe it or anything?
>>
>>16478705
No, you don't describe it.
It's actually rather annoying to her if someone tries to describe things. When it's not perfectly timed and scripted before, you tend to mess up on priorities and/or talk over a little bit of dialogue. That actually makes it way harder for her to follow things. You can really tell the difference between movies with professionally done commentary for the blind and your own attempts at doing basically the same thing.
If there is ever something she doesn't quite get, she pauses and asks, so I can explain without her missing part of the movie.
She really enjoys watching movies, going to the cinema together and so on.
We also have a huge collection of audio books by now, but those take longer to finish and she at times rather wants to watch a movie. Those are done in roughly 2 hours (most of them).
If she'd want me to describe things, I would do so, but it's her call. After all she knows best what she needs and wants. I am not blind, so I can only listen to her when she tells me how things should be done to accommodate for it. Even if I were blind, I still wouldn't know better than her how she needs things to be done.
>>
>>16478679
> I think I'll simply put my dating life on hold.
no need for that, really any decent person would understand if explained properly.

>Are there so many people on here into this as a fetish or what is going on?
apparently!
this is the home of some sick people, either they're genuinely crazy like that or have just fapped to anime too much and no sister themselves to know it would not feel good irl. but it could also just be a provocation for fun.

>I also believe there have to be good guys out there, so she does have a chance at a happy and healthy relationship.
probably, i mean she has friends and all. maybe a fellow blind person or something... or someone who's familiar with the situation like you..

> Not everyone is an abusive ass.
she's vulnerable that's for sure, but there's plenty of good people like yourself around.
>>
>>16478758
Guess I'll just see where things go. I just won't actively pursue it anymore, but whatever happens, happens.

I figured most people into that kinda stuff would be on /b/ or the pornographic boards and the like.
It's not even about feeling good or not to me, it's just about not seeing her in that way at all, ever.
I know by now that our level of physical contact is highly unusual, but it does feel wonderful. However, there is lines you don't cross and that don't ever occur to you as something you would want to cross.
It's not even disgusting to me as some other people describe it, but I wouldn't know what to call that feeling I get when people mention it like in this thread.

Someone familiar with it would probably be best. Having one person being able to see really helps navigating around some problems and just makes so many things a lot easier or simply enables you to do things you could otherwise not.
Vulnerability isn't necessarily bad as long as you find the right person. With someone like me that'd actually be a huge plus. I know that's a weird thing to say, but that's how it is. By now I really like the role that was pretty much cast upon me initially.
>>
>>16475665
So having read through this whole thread now, I feel confident saying you are an awesome brother for her to have. I couldn't imagine how hard it must be for adjusting and dealing with it but to have you being there and supporting her like this; absolute kudos.

There will always be haters and people that don't understand, so don't doubt yourself or let your sister doubt having the bond you do is wrong. I've not got any brothers or sisters so can't truly relate but I know in her position, having a family member for comfort like this would be important to me too.

Faith in humanity, you're doing it right
>>
>>16478984
>I couldn't imagine how hard it must be for adjusting and dealing with it
Neither can I. She is a strong person, I think, but it's nice to be able to make things easier for her, even if just a tiny little bit.
>or let your sister doubt having the bond you do is wrong
That would be awful, doubting something so important to both of us. I hope it will never come to this, but all I can do is reassure her I like what we have and continue being there.

Thanks, man, I appreciate it.
>>
>>16477178
>but that sort of physical intimacy is usually reserved for one person.
so you wouldn't cuddle your daughter?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.