[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr: Moved to small college town with GF, hate it here, don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1445917526858.jpg (391 KB, 1374x1425) Image search: [Google]
1445917526858.jpg
391 KB, 1374x1425
tl;dr: Moved to small college town with GF, hate it here, don't love her, broke, late 20s and need a restart.

Moved here almost a year ago because there was nothing else going on in my life and I figured "well it can't be any worse than where I already am." I now have 0 friends, no passion in life, she treats me like a child even though I do all the work around the house and drive her to class and everything, and I'm broke because I work a crappy job doing something I hate and I have to spend everything on college loans and rent and shit. I hate my job, I don't love my gf, I hate this town, I hate what I got my useless degree in. I seriously need options. Can I have some suggestions as to what to do? I've kind of accepted that at this point in my life, I will never ever be happy no matter what I do because I will always believe there's something more, so I would be fine with working a job I didn't like as long as it pays well. Should I get another degree in hopes I can get a higher paying job? Should I just disappear and move back home and try to collect my shit? What do I do? Really need help, the first 26 years of my life have been boring, dull and shameful at best, I don't want the next 26 to be the same. It's almost a miracle I haven't committed suicide yet desu.
>>
>>16475636
>liking your job
lmao @ u
>>
>>16475644
Eh, I guess that's a good point
>>
Anyone pls
>>
>>16476460
Well seeing as you're broke now, more educational loans probably wouldn't help your situation. Maybe stick with shit job a little longer until you develop a semblance of financial stability to go back to school/move. As far as gf goes. Talk to her maybe? Explain what she does and best case scenario she changed and you get laid, worst case she leaves and you are now single but don't have to spend money on her. In the meantime, get a hobby, work out, learn an instrument, anything to distract you again until you get the money to make some bigger choices.
>>
>>16475636

You sound like you're really lazy and kind of dumb, so my suggestion is the military.
>>
>>16475636
>moved to a small town

You're fucking retarded ass hole
>>
Fixing your relationship situation first will make everything else easier to deal with. Then id go for financial stability so you can afford to do whatever the fuck makes you happy
>>
>>16475636
drive an 18 wheeler
most companies will train you for free or even pay you during training. the pay is decent, it will get you out of the place youre in, and it will be easier to save cash since youre on the road all the time (and most companies give you a per diem when youre on the road). do this for a year or so and save as much as you can, then get yourself a place somewhere that you do enjoy and invest the rest of your savings into something that will make money
>>
Thanks for the input goys. I would join the military if I wasn't a lazy sack of shit, but then again, I can't find anything to be passionate about so that's why I feel lazy all the time desu.

I guess this is more just of what I feared, I have to just wait and save money until I can actually do anything since I'm stuck here and can't break my lease (since I live with my gf). I'll have to let her know how I feel soon, since I won't be signing a lease with her for next year I think.
>>
Fix your relationship and then figure out all the other shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.