[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went through a break up a few months back that really did a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 6874680619_f01998e332_o.jpg (65 KB, 520x783) Image search: [Google]
6874680619_f01998e332_o.jpg
65 KB, 520x783
I went through a break up a few months back that really did a number on me and I was fucked up for a long time. Thought about suicide for the first time in my life and it took some serious doing to get myself back out to the real world.

I now have a great job and more friends than I ever had when I was with her, but I still have days every now and then where I really just don't want to live anymore and I'm sick of the world and I want to die. Keep in mind that since the break up I've hooked up with two different girls and gotten number from countless others. I'm actually texting a girl as we speak and we plan on meeting sometime this weekend for a date.

But I cannot shake this feeling that I simply don't want to go on anymore. This girl meant a lot to me and the idea that she would leave me for someone else makes me feel like I'm a worthless piece of shit and I deserve to die. I haven't cried in a while but sometimes I'll just sink into a pit of despair and I need to disappear for a while. Like right now, I legitimately wish I could die in an instant and get a do-over. I've never let someone get to me like this, so what gives?

What should I do? I really do need advice.
>>
>>16473917
Let her go. Nothing much you can do, you just have to live with it.
>>
>>16473923
Obviously, I'm trying to do that. It's been months now.
>>
>>16473917
Been through a similar boat except after 2 years ex got in touch with me and it fucked my shit hard. You've got to learn to be happy with yourself and your friends and family around you if you constantly just feel negative and depressed about this life and opportunities will pass by that you could've taken. Don't pass up on chances to find an even better girl in the future. Cultivate your interests and hobbies go to the gym(helps a ton) make yourself into who you want to be and be happy independently of anyone else's approval. Be happy to be you, be confident and strive for excellence in all things you do and someday someone will be attracted to that and you might just find the perfect qt3.14
>>
>>16474118
I'm not kidding when I say I do all of that.

I still have terrible days/nights where I just feel so fucking low and I want only to die.

I want these days to go away and let me live.
>>
>>16474129
Well then why do you feel so low because she left you? Or is it a deep-rooted sense of inadequacy? I still have the same thing every so often especially on bad days, is it constant for you? How long has it been since the relationship ended?
>>
>>16473917
Live to fight another day. Really.

I experienced the same thing. I felt like i understood why people kill themselves. It's normal. You can also expect this to last a while.

I didnt believe people when they said time heals the wounds. What happens though is that, over time, that love for her stays but it shows up less and less often. Eventually, you think about herin terms of all the things that have happened since then.

In my case, I was devastated because I fell for a very close friend of mine and what I had with her dissapeared along with the relationship. I felt like I had failed her when really, things just werent meant to be. In fact, Id possibly be in jail right right now if things played out differently. Needless to say with hindsight it falling apart was good logically. But my heart was ripped to shreds and I was devasated for a long time. To date I have taken a girl seriously either, something I will address next year.
>>
>>16474134

It sounds stupid but she was the first person I really loved and I honestly didn't know I could love someone else. I had a very rocky childhood that essentially caused me to become emotionally comatose, so when I finally met someone who got under my skin, it really did some damage when she left.

>>16474142
I am nothing if not a fighter. I've been through some shit in my life but this is the first time I've actually felt bad. Like, really, really, bad. I'm going to keep fighting, I assure you. I've walked the dark path and I never want to go that route again.
>>
>>16474129

Its ok, i was the same way. I used to wake up freaking out, like I knew I was missing something but I didn't know what. Then it'd hit me. Oh yeah, shes gone...forever.
>>
>>16474146

You'll find you made it someday.
And you'll think, "Well, it cant get worse than that."

Thats how i knew i was all better.
>>
>>16474146
Well me and you sound like we are quite similar. I had a shitty childhood as well and my ex was my first and only so far. She tore me apart when she got back in touch with me after not talking to me for a year and a half(long distance). To answer your question you need to sit down and realize that was probably for the best while at the same time expanding your social circle and trying to find a new girl to date. Also, have you had sex with anyone since the breakup? I would highly HIGHLY RECOMMEND you watch this video as often as you need to to get yourself in the right state of mind to go forward, I still watch it some days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26U_seo0a1g
>>
>>16474146

Yep, you're definitely me a couple months after that breakup. Its validating to see I wasn't alone. Youll make it just like I did all those years ago.
>>
>>16474171
care to share your story?
>>
>>16474168
>She tore me apart when she got back in touch with me after not talking to me for a year and a half(long distance)

Would you perhaps mind elaborating a bit?
It's been 2 months since my breakup (first post ITT) and she contacted me the other day and it kind of fucked with my emotions and undid some of the healing. Is that what you mean? And so did you decide to cut contact after that?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.