[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-Logo.jpg (610 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-Logo.jpg
610 KB, 3000x2400
So I need some help /adv/. My gf is a huge gamer, really skilled, spends most of her time playing, whereas I am more of an outdoors type and (up until I met her) never played a game in my life. We've been doing less and less stuff together so one day I decided it might be a good idea to try and fire up the console and see if I could play a game (Call of Duty: Black Ops II, if it matters). I read the manual to learn how to play and then went to an online server–predictably, I sucked. I always got killed within 10 seconds and soon enough decided it wasn't worth it.

Hoping that it was just a one-time bad experience, when she came home I asked her if there was a good game I should try out and if we could play together. Everything was just pretty much the same–either I sucked at it, or it just didn't interest me. And of course she thrashed me every time in multiplayer mode so it wasn't a challenge for her.

She is not interested in anything like hiking, cycling, jogging PERIOD, so if I want to make the relationship work I need to get onboard with her hobbies.

And I need you to tell me the best course of action and how I should do it. Should I

A) try and get better at the games and/or find an angle from which they can interest me?

B) keep trying to convince my gf to do outdoors stuff?

C) ignore outdoors AND gaming and hope that the relationship will still work out?

D) get a new gf?

E) something different entirely?

Any advice appreciated, kinda stuck at this point.
>>
>>16473195
Bait thread
>>
1/10 got me to reply
>>
There are more physical activities than just cardio, lift brah.
Swimming, yoga, tae bo. Push for low-medium impact first.
Just like all the games your gf owns aren't all that exist in the world.
Start with sandbox types like the sims or minecraft.
>>
File: 1318823396582.png (339 KB, 1024x859) Image search: [Google]
1318823396582.png
339 KB, 1024x859
First of all, damn OP I am jealous of you. Not only would I be a fucking indoor hermit with her but I'd trash the shit out of her whenever.

But, back to the topic. You can't git gud at any game as soon as you try out for the first time. It takes practice. If you wanna take an interest in her life, start playing games for a chill paced for a guy like you. Something like skyrim, dark souls, or half life. Something that catches your attention, but doesn't force you to move at a fast pace. So try with games like the ones I listed.

Have you tried talking to her? Maybe bring up that it'd mean a lot to you if she were to take an interest in a thing or two that you like. Just like you're doing with her. If you're gonna make sacrifices and compromises, so does she.
>>
>>16473195

You try to do both. ALWAYS invite your gf on your outdoor activities, even if she ALWAYS says no. Don't be pushy, or she will get resentful, but ask every damn time.

I would continue to play (on your own) so you can get to a level where you can play with your gf. If you have no interest period, then don't bother, but it is something that will help you connect with her.

I personally could not stand to be with this girl, not only because I would find her boring (never leaves the house? wtf), but also she will be unhealthy in the long run (if you marry her) because of no exercise, no sun, poor posture, and (presumably) a shitty diet.
>>
ironic that she is playing outdoor war games but doesnt like outdoors huh?

if you ask her she gonna keep saying no. because she likes being indoors. if you ask to do other indoor things like an actual board games?
if its still no, she aint the one for you dude. you need someone who leads a more active life.
unfortunatley you can easily spend DAYS of your life on these consoles trying to beat the games. but it sounds like that isnt you.
but on the other side of the coin, after you have done your hiking and fishing and outdoors etc how is her moods when you return from being mr outdoors? some people complement each other. if she doesnt like it, its time to move on.
>>
>>16473195
>She is not interested in anything like hiking, cycling, jogging PERIOD
Why are you dating a fatty?
>>
Get Super Smash Bros Melee.
Git Gud.
BODY HER with C. Falcon (Dair to Knee preferably)
She will want to get on your level and you'll bond more.
If she doesn't play/get into melee, what are you doing with her in the first place???

jokes aside, you've got some pretty good advice here already. as far as competitive games go I think fighting games (like Street Fighter or MKX) would put you two on a more even playing field much faster cause to get good in those is all up to how much you yourself want to improve.
>>
A emphasizing the second half

try co-op games where she can be baller and you can just shoot madly and survive.Preferably where you can play easy and she can play on hard mode?

I like that game where you shoot giant ants

play indie games, like undertale and cave story
>>
File: 1432767515767.jpg (43 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1432767515767.jpg
43 KB, 900x900
>>16473195
>my gf is a huge gamer
RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: hobbes.gif (19 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
hobbes.gif
19 KB, 1680x1050
>>16473342
That's not very ironic at all.
Please post again when you have a job.
>>
>BAWWWW I'm not god at something as soon as I try it.

you sound like a retarded child OP, out of curiosity are you both lesbians?

Normally only women are this fucking dumb.
>>
>>16473195
how about playing a game where you aren't against each other, but are both fighting for a common goal, so you have to cooperate.
I always had a lot of fun playing L4D\2 with my friends. It's a pretty easy game to get into. You should try it.
>>
>>16473195
>tfw i would kill to have a GF like yours

i am a huge gamer and i don't think i'd ever get along with someone who wasn't also into gaming
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.