[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.jpg (56 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
56 KB, 640x400
This is a thread for general relationship tips.
What makes a relationship last for the long run?
What can you do to keep the relationship fresh?
What are the keys to a happy relationship and marriage?
>>
>>16473183
Whatever you do it'll die

Enjoy life
>>
>>16473206
this
>>
1.) Keep open lines of communication. If anything is ever bugging or nagging away at you, speak up, and speak up soon. Don't sit on it and let it fester or build up until it becomes something explosively toxic. Resentment is the worst feelings in a relationship.

2.) Stop and remember to enjoy the small moments. Grand gestures and big events can be fun to think about, but often times it's the little moments that make a relationship magical. It's lazing away in bed whilst idly chatting, it's that dumb joke you made while stuck in traffic, it's the way you make each other smile when you greet each other after a long day. Don't get distracted by the big moments so much that you forget to enjoy the small.

3.) Don't be afraid to change it up and experiment. It doesn't have to be something big, it can be as simple as trying a new place to eat every week, or picking up a sport like tennis, or a new dance class, or exploring a new city every month, or country every year, anything. Just try something new and keep trying to expand your horizons together, so you both keep growing, and growing in your relationship. Do new things together.

4.) Give each other space to be your own individuals. Yes, you should share things with your partner, but you and your partner are two separate entities, and your goal in a relationship isn't to find someone who you can assimilate and merge with, it's to find someone you can grow and become a better person with; someone who complements you and helps you expand your horizons, not someone who IS you and shares all your same faults. To that end, you need to be able to maintain your own identity so that you can both keep growing as individuals, which allows your combined growth as a couple to reach higher and higher peaks.
>>
On that topic, how do I handle trying to date someone who seems afraid to actually enter a relationship because of past relationship issues? Just give them time, right? Anything I can say or do, or do I just shut up and hope that if it's meant to happen, it'll happen somehow?
>>
>>16473259
Fuck off, you've got your answers
>>
>>16473252
this is how the old people have stayed together this long

5.) you will get mad at your partner or she will get mad at you at some point in the relationship, dont be idiot. and suck it up, dont be afraid to say sorry if you are wrong.

6.) dont take your worries to bed. leave work, at work where it belongs.
>>
>>16473252
Tell me more.
>>
Bump for the anon who posted this four grant points to come back...my body is ready anon.
>>
>>16473183
i know a couple who dated since they were 17, and they're still together after 5 years.
>both virgins. they aren't saving for marriage, but they just never "found the time" to do it
>in reality, girlfriend is too scared to be intimate physically; finds it really weird
>boyfriend is virgin so it's not like he misses anything, so he keeps waiting
>boyfriend won't leave because he's been in abusive relationships before her, where his exes treated him like complete shit
>girlfriend won't leave because he's her first, and she hasn't found anyone better
>both are extremely loyal to each other

their relationship is all sorts of messed up though
>bf won't let gf wear shirts that are cut too low, and will bully her into wearing what he likes on her
>gf won't let bf kiss or hug her much. hand holding is also limited
>bf won't let gf be friends with a tubby/comical mutual friend of ours because of who knows what
>gf keeps threatening to break up with bf because she feels bored of him, but never follows through it which causes a cycle of her being wishy-washy and her bf crying like a bitch
>bf tells gf to take a picture of herself in front of her home every night to make sure she's actually at home (basically he sets her curfew)
>gf throws tantrums at bf; one time because he didn't write a card and just gave her the gift

strangely enough they don't hate each other, but still function. i don't think they're super happy together either though.
>>
You can stick your dick in a white, but you can't put a ring on one.

Never forget it she has a high body count, she isn't worth the trouble.
>>
>>16473402
Whore*

Not white. But white whores are preferable to other ones while on the topic.
>>
dont expect the whore to be a virgin just for you.
>>16473402
incorrect girls are girls no matter where you go. just the colour of the hole changes
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.