[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unable to eat after breakup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 5498723.jpg (66 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
5498723.jpg
66 KB, 300x250
it's been almost 3 weeks since i've been dumped and i've lost around 13 pounds
the only thing i can really tolerate is water, fruit, and maybe a baked chicken breast
is there anything i can do?
>>
>>16472701
>give me your food?
>>
>>16472706
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>16472701
Give yourself time to grieve. Allow your body to go through every emotion. The less you fight your emotions, the better your emotional recovery will be.
>>
File: 1250.jpg (69 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
1250.jpg
69 KB, 250x370
>>16472701
Dw OP, time heals all wounds.

It's been 3 years and I still think about my ex. I've dated other people, but it always comes back to them. I think of them while I'm in bed with another person. I think of them while I'm eating. I think of them when I do anything. Everything reminds me of them.

When I woke up a minute ago, I looked at the ceiling thinking of them. We used to look at the ceiling. When I got up and sat down, I think about how I sat down on this chair with her next to me. When I go to take a shit, I'll be thinking of her.

I hope time saves you.
>>
>>16472701
step one: stop being a drama queen
step two: realise there are much bigger tragedies
step three: realise that food is essential for our well being and health and your actions are illogical and exaggerate
step four: eat your fucking meal, if you must, use your own tears instead of salt to season dishes
>>
>>16472735
This really is a grieving process: psychologically not much different from mourning a loved one who died. I am sorry for your loss. As stated above, the big thing is to let yourself grieve.

Losing one's appetite while grieving is not all that unusual. It doesn't often last this long, but I wouldn't consider it cause for alarm as long as you are still getting proper nutrition. Just eat what you can, and GENTLY test your limits from time to time. Don't try to force yourself to do more than you are capable of.

You said you can eat fruit and chicken; the fact that you can tolerate chicken is actually a very good sign. For your next step, I recommend adding whatever items from the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) you haven't already started eating again. BRAT often gets prescribed for people recovering from gastrointestinal surgery or things like norovirus, because it is very easy on the digestive system while still providing somewhat decent nutrition. Combine that with the chicken, and with the other fruits you've been eating, and you should be OK until you're ready to try other foods again.

If you don't mind my asking, what happened? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but many people find it helpful to talk about what happened and their feelings about it.
>>
>>16472701
No, you're going to starve, like every other heartbroken guy there has ever been. #1 cause of death for men, the true silent killer

>lol
>>
>>16472832
I know this may sound silly, but not thinking about my ex is what's getting me over her. It's only been about a month but I'm already feeling more like myself again, still off, but better.

Do you have any old things of your past ex (photos, clothing, love notes etc.) seriously, if you are still grieving at this point THROW/DELETE them all away. Stop feeling so bad for yourself, do you think that this person would even want you back in the state you're in? no they wouldn't. Get up and do something about it.
>>
>>16472858
he basically gave up on our relationship to find himself
>>
>>16472905
this happened to me when I went through a rough patch with my boyfriend. I completely stopped eating.
Even though during this I began to realize I was my own person and could enjoy life outside of my relationship, I was still fucking sad.
The only thing you can really do is cry all you possibly can and wallow in your sadness. Read some cheesy relationship advice articles on how to move on. It really helps
>>
File: 1447479405510.jpg (49 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
1447479405510.jpg
49 KB, 460x340
>>16472905
what the fuck does finding himself mean
what a bunch of pseudointellectual bullshit
>>
>>16472701
You could try killing yourself?
>>
>>16473096
I hate this picture so much
it's the equivalent of saying "I hate to break it to you, but what you call 'water' is just a bunch of bonded atoms floating around" and acting like it's some kind of intellectual revelation.
"a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed" is literally the DEFINITION of romantic love for people with at least average-level sex drives.
So many edgy kids repeat similar things to what is said in this image and think they're some kind of non-conformist intellectual badass rebel that stands by logic and not the emotional drivel of the masses.
It's just a tautology, just stating the definition again and pretending knowing THE BASIC DEFINITION of a word makes you wiser than the average person.

Lol, not a rant at you, just about the pic
After the initial romantic love though, you still at least have friendly love (affection) for the person. You still think they're good and fun and smart or w/e, and you sitll enjoy spending time with them. So the last part about a failing marriage shouldn't even be true provided you didn't go and marry your first high school crush after dating them for two months like an idiot. Reasonable people pick mates they value as people first.
>>
>>16473096
Most likely that they wanted out of the relationship in a nicer way, could be worse.
>>
>>16472701
Try eating oatmeal and yogurt and maybe some fruits like bananas, even though its really hard to eat anything with oatmeal and yogurt you just push it to the back of your throat and swallow without chewing. The more consistantly your force food down the easier it will become, and you will probably have a more positive outlook.
>>
>>16473256
he had come down with depression but i guess i couldn't do anything
so i don't know if it was genuine or not really
i feel selfish for still wanting him
>>
>>16473141
>knowing THE BASIC DEFINITION of a word makes you wiser than the average person
don't let me stop you from ranting, but I'd actually knowing the basic definition of things DOES make you smarter than the average person.
>>
>>16472905
My ex said the same thing. Most likely a Bulls hit reason amounting to attraction fading and them wanting to feel single again.
>>
File: marijuana-leaf-joint-140423.jpg (21 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
marijuana-leaf-joint-140423.jpg
21 KB, 360x240
>>16472701
>unable to eat
Smoke a joint. You're welcome.
>>
>>16473445
I said this to my ex. I wasn't ready to continue our relationship and take the next step. Now I regret it and it's me who wallows in misery, forever alone.
>>
>>16472832
>time heals all wounds
But you aren't healed at all!
>>
>>16472853
lol
>>
>>16474385
It was a joke
>>
>>16474686
It's sad to see posts like that. Time does heal these wounds, but you have to take the steps to move on, which isn't easy for 4ch Annes and their hikki ways to do. You heal by finding someone new, as painful as that is to accept, and even then you may feel some pain when you think about that person, but it doesn't rule your life anymore and it's fleeting.

I wallowed in agony for 2 years before I got over my ex, but after that I found a place were I could honestly say I wouldn't take them back even if they asked. That is a satisfying realization and it only came to me after I allowed myself to date and, yes even have my heart broken again.

It is scary to move on. I know. But you and others need to date again and stop dwelling on those who lacked the fortitude to stay with you in your darker hours. Moving on doesn't mean that they won't ever contact you in the future and things might happen. Hell even your ex getting married isn't the end of possibilities, but your side of it has to let go when you've tried it all. And by doing that, the pain really does go away, I'm thankful to say.
>>
>>16474224
I'm really curious, did he or she resist at all or beg you to not go or try to contact you weeks later or any of that kind of stuff ex's tend to do?
>>
>>16472701
I went through the exact same thing.

Your appetite will return when you get hungry, and it will be a sign to you that you're getting over it. Meanwhile, enjoy the weight loss.
>>
File: bacon.jpg (46 KB, 540x392) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
46 KB, 540x392
>>16472701
> is there anything i can do?
Lemon pepper for the chicken breast.
>>
OP here last night I managed to get down a slice of white pizza (after picking off the cheese)
was the only thing I ate that day but I guess it's better than the usual
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.