[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is drinking wine effeminate? For the past 5 years I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: nyoom.jpg (75 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
nyoom.jpg
75 KB, 540x404
Is drinking wine effeminate?

For the past 5 years I've usually just gotten either whatever is available or the cheapest possible alcohol (by quantity), which always ends me up drinking the same brands of beer or the same barley spirits. This is somewhat boring, so I thought I'd try and broaden my horizons.

So I considered trying to learn to drink something nicer.

Is it worth it to learn to stomach red wine, if you don't care about food? Or is wine just a women's thing?
>>
>>16472613
My goal is to have a good time despite of being clinically depressed and having been so for all of my adult (and, argubly, entire) life.

I'd also like to avoid losing my phone, keys or wallet and/or having them stolen, and not get sexually molested. So getting less drunk might be the key here.

Mixing drinks is girly. I drink straight from the bottle, whatever it is.
>>
>>16472607
>>16472613
>>16472628
>girly
You guys are so fucking insecure. Drink what you want to drink. Nobody is going to stop you. And if someone makes fun of you, so fucking what. You're having a good time.

If you let what other people think affect your decisions, you have zero willpower and can probably be convinced to take it up the ass from a firehose.
>>
>>16472628
Please next time post with a Pepe or a Feel Guy as your pic. It helps me know which posts to hide.
>>
>>16472641
But I like that picture.

He looks so determined.
>>
It kind of is. But it's not like a point against you, more like a missed shot.
>>
>>16472674
Any suggestions for a guy who wants to stop getting mistaken for a girl on a regular basis?
>>
>>16472680
>on a regular basis

a choice of drink is not going to save you, boy
>>
Wine is a completely manly drink. Would you back 2000 years into a room full of Roman legionnaires and call them pussies for getting drunk off wine? Would you call the Godfather or other mafia members a pussy because they drink wine?

That's not to say there isn't gay/feminine wines which you shouldn't buy, not only because they're mostly all horrible, but because they are for women.

>>>16472628
>clinically depressed

There's no such thing. A physical test to prove whether or not you have "depression" doesn't exist, there's no such thing as a physical test to tell whether or not someone has a "chemical imbalance". Doesn't sound very clinical or scientific to me.
>>
>>16472607
How about you stop being so damn fragile, and drink something because you want to, not because it is/isn't effeminate.

If that's not going to work for you, bleach is super manly. Give that a shot.
>>
its only effeminate if you give a fuck
drink whatever you want
>>
>>16472607
>Is drinking wine effeminate?
The Roman legions certainly didn't think so, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a more masculine bunch.
>>
File: depression.jpg (145 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
145 KB, 493x335
>>16472823
I'm not gonna call the Godfather a pussy for drinking wine for the same reason I'm not gonna call the mafia pussies for wearing fedoras.

>A physical test to prove whether or not you have "depression" doesn't exist

Yes it actually does. It's visible in a brain scan.
>>
>>16472876
>Yes it actually does. It's visible in a brain scan.

It's actually not. They try to find correlations with MRI's, release studies filled with weasel words, but there's no actual proof. Many of these studies show people who have been taking mind altering drugs like SSRI's too. Even if there was the proof you claim there is, it's never actually done in practice.

Go anywhere you want in world and ask for a physical test to prove whether or not you have "depression", you won't get it because one does not exist.

In practice the "diagnosis" is done through the arbitrary opinion of someone stupid enough to go to college for psychology/psychiatry, through discussion and questions, no actual medical science or any physical tests involved.
>>
It is threads like these that make me realize how damn fragile masculinity is.
>>
>>16472889
You know winning this argument won't make me stop wanting to die, right?

Your arguments can all be on point and you just might be able to gracefully prove that my problem does not exist, and I will still continue to have it.
>>
>>16472899
I'm not denying your problem doesn't exist. I'm not denying you aren't depressed. I'm not denying that you have psychological issues.

My issue is that I don't want it being called or implied that it's a (neurological) disease.

I'm sure you are depressed, and I wish the best for you.
>>
>>16472889
>>16472915
God just shut the fuck up. You're not a doctor, you're not smarter than a doctor, you're not anywhere close to being qualified enough to make the claims you're making.
>>
Women drink red wine? I was under the impression they only drink Chardonay, White Zinfandels, mascato's, and other whites/rose's...

Seriously though, pretty much the only girl I know who will prefer a Chianti or a Sangiovesse is my girlfriend (and she likes Old Fashioneds, whiskey, and Black and Tans).
>>
>>16472915
Thank you.

I apologise for my inapt choice of words, english is not my first language.

I wasn't trying to say that my depression is a clinical problem. I only meant that it was first diagnosed seven years ago and has been present in my life for as long as I can recall while still remaining untreated.
>>
>>16472920
This is called argument from authority and ad hominem, two logical fallacies.

I do not need to be qualified in a pseudoscience to point out a psuedoscience.
>>
>>16472936
Nice fallacy fallacy, you anti-intellectual faggot. How's that for ad hominem? I can't be fucked to come up with a proper argument because a 30 second google search would tell you that you're demonstrably wrong. If you wanna disagree with all of established academia, go ahead, just realize that no one with an education takes you seriously.
>>
>>16472936
People who take the use of ad hominem as a proof that they are right are fascinatingly similar to girls who say they hate drama.
>>
>>16472936
Psychiatry and Psychology=Pseudoscience.

" stupid enough to go to college for psychology/psychiatry, through discussion and questions, no actual medical science or any physical tests involved."

You are plainly retarded.
Who is going to treat your Alzheimers if not a psychiatrist?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.