[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to kill myself today. Please drop any wisdom you have.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: accurate.jpg (9 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
accurate.jpg
9 KB, 500x300
I'm going to kill myself today.
Please drop any wisdom you have.
>>
>>16472219
Stop being a drama queen.
>>
the night is darkest right before the sun rises
>>
>>16472224
After you learn sensitivity
>>
>>16472230
I'm tired of waiting for sunshine that isn't promised
Light that should be given to me
>>
7 years ago I was you.

Now I am genuinely content with my life.

It DOES get better anon, if you're at the point of killing yourself, it can only get better from here on in. You are literally at your lowest ebb now. You can only rise. Give yourself a chance.
>>
>>16472239
>sensitivity

People who use suicide to satisfy their attention whore complex are the worst. They mock really vulnersble, broken people who really need help. To me OP is a selfish, attention seeking prat who thrives on pity. That's pretty disgusting.
>>
>>16472219
what's the point of wisdom if you're dead, anon.
>>
>>16472250
If this is wisdom, I'd rather be ignorant.
>>
>>16472241
>Give yourself a chance.
Perfect. Thank you.
>>
Well, why are you doing it? Have you hit a low point or has something bad happened to you? Because I've been in your shoes before, chances are that your situation will get better. What is going on though, I wanna know now.
>>
Do it op. Life is not worth all the bullshit, and no matter how many goals you achive you will still never be truly happy.

Just let it go.
In the end it doesn't matter if you're dead or alive, and you know that, so why bother?

We're all going to die eventually anyway? Why drag out the suffering?
>>
Death will not help you rest my friend. I tried killing myself a couple years ago I was successful for a couple mins I was dead. Being trapped in your body as your mind reflects on everything and being surrounded by darkness and then just nothing is not as peaceful as it sounds. Imagine locking yourself in a dark room knowing there is something lurking in the dark, that is what death mentally felt like to me.
>>
>>16472241
>it DOES get better

It's just an illusion that things have changed, nothing have really changed. You're the same person as you have always been, and you still live under the same sky, and you still go about your meaningless little life that will eventually come to an end.
>>
>>16472938
Not true. You'll find your happiness somewhere, OP. And it does matter whether you're dead or alive.
>>
>>16472946
Why does it matter? This usniverse doesn't give a fuck about if this planet is filled with life or just a dead piece of rock.

Everything you do here is temporary and it will all be gone eventually, when this planet doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>16472944
The chance of being born into this world was very unlikely in the first place. Why would you throw away that chance? You are put here to do something it may be small it may be big but it is something. OP could go to meet ups with other depressed people or help people with disabilities. It is small but it is a ripple affect that will leave an print on this world.
>>
>>16472951
Well, I don't know about you, but I don't live my life for this universe. I live it for myself, and the people I care about.
>>
>>16472239
So what if you're tired
Keep waiting
What else is there to do
>>
>>16472944
Exactly
It will come to and eventually so why rush

It's like sitting through a shitty movie
You're not liking it but eh, since I'm here
>>
>>16472953
It doesn't leave anything.
Even if it does, who is going to when we're all dead?

Everything we do here is just a little game we humans play, we have invented these little rules we have, some ways to divide resources.. money, laws, jobs, the fact that you own a pice of land... it's all bricks in the game, invented by humans for no reason other than that we need to keep ourselves organized so that we can survive, just for the point of surviving.

There is not really any other goal in life than being, and to continue being you have to reproduce.

And that itself is meaningless but it is what keeps us from dying out. That's why people aren't allowed to think any other way, because it's against the programming. It's destructive to this meaningless process that is life.
>>
I dislike life too, sometimes. Just realise that you get to experience a small fraction of this universe.
If you don't feel like it, you shouldn't continue. When you're dead you don't care anymore anyway. Just try to keep on living if possible anon. Do something really amazing and positive before dying. Make your last minutes on this world worth it.
>>
>>16472961
Are you living and breathing at the moment? Take a deep breath and then let it out. Didn't that feel good? If not then you are not living your life to the fullest. There is no point to anything the point is only to do what you feel you were born to do. If death is that answer I suggest maybe getting some counseling because there are medical conditions that do exist that would affect but if you have and you have no medical conditions I would suggest just trying to survive in the woods for a couple years. Humans are meant to explore the life we live now makes us feel numb.
>>
I'm not going to give you wisdom, instead I want to give you a try to listen to this song.

Listen to this song fully OP, they're a great band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00fUXbXKHbQ
>>
I hate people saying its going to get better just because it happened to work out for them. You are not OP. Some people have gone through more serious shit then you will most likely ever experience. There are limits to how much someone can suffer and not be able to fully recover. When someone reaches that point its better to just end it and anyone trying to stop them are prolonging their suffering.
>>
Try heroin first, like ,you know you want to so why not...
>>
Don't do it. Please. Forgive yourself for whatever you did. You are valuable because you are alive. I would say anything to get you to not do this. Talk to you, whatever.
>>
>>16472219
"I think a lot
about killing myself, not like a point on a map but rather
like a glowing exit sign at a show that's never been
quite bad enough to make me want to leave. "
-Neil Hilborn
>>
>>16472250
How can you magically know all of this information about OP's characters and intent from the sentence "I'm going to kill myself today" ?
I don't think people who use other people's suicidal crisis to vent about "being an attention whore" are that great either
>>16472938
wtf is your deal man
>>16472943
you should probably listen to this guy though Anon
I don't know your story but I have known plenty of suicidal people and usually there were objective, tangible reasons things would get better, and things they could do to get better, but they ignored it because they felt only death would bring them peace

I don't mean to lecture you for feeling that way, but know that death does not bring peace, Anon. It makes sure a bad story has a bad resolution.

I don't know your story either. But if you're depressed, I can GUARANTEE you you have a good chance of finding a treatment that works. Lots of depressed people feel like medication doesn't work, but they're finding new treatments every day.
Last thing I heard about was this deep brain stimulation shit which works on twice as many people as antidepressants do.
They even found the gene that causes it. Stick around, you'll find a way to get better.

>>16472944
His emotional state change, and probably his life circumstances too. Existential facts are irrelevant here.
>>
Killing yourself is murdering a man of your height and build who desperately wants to survive. That or it's a embaressing hospital trip.

If you have to do it dont' half ass it.
>>
>>16472239
you entered this world with nothing. you aren't owed shit. I mean that firmly and honestly. have an ice cream and start fresh tomorrow.
>>
>>16472250
Attention whoring like your comment riding in on you horse swing you sword of accusations.

Remember that Oliver twist saying from good will hunting? I guess you should just put your face back into your phone and ignore the world some more kid.
>>
Maybe you should tell yourself the same thing I have to tell myself every single day. If you give up now you will never know just how good things may get.
I know, nothing is promised but if it was life would be kind of pointless. Its not what life gives you OP, it's what you make with what life has given you.
>>
>>16472219
You are something wonderful. You are a human being, so full of potential. You can do so many things with your life it's ridiculous. There's so many things for so many different people that it's damn near overwhelming.
But take a minute. Relax, and gather your thoughts. What have you done? What do you want to do? Get busy. Find it. Find what you want, take it, and do whatever you want with it.
Human beings are so amazingly full of potential and it would be a shame to see you waste that.
There are those who have come from absolutely nothing and grew up to be absolutely fan-fucking-tastic people.
You wanna live in isolation? You can.
You wanna live life exploring the world, whether it be by ship or land? You can.
Just like this guy >>16472241 said and did.
Give yourself a god damn chance.
>>
The worst thing is that I'm feeling exactly what OP is feeling and have been for several months. I'm probably going to drown myself somewhere far away by the time my birthday rolls around next year. And no one is able to help me

The whole X years ago I was like you and now things are better is bullshit and subjective. I've been waiting a lot for things to get better and it hasn't.

I can't tell OP to commit suicide, it's wrong. And I can't deny I'm feeling exactly what OP is feeling.
>>
>>16472230
man i been awake so many mornings watching the very clear and very spread out lull in darkness borne of the sun's rays before it even rises.
but to take the metaphor thingie further, the night doesn't fall; the sun doesn't rise, not instantaneously anyway. change happens slow. so slow. it all happens without your noticing. OP obviously can't stand that about life, so his solution is to kill himself, an extremely fast process depending on how sure he is in doing it.
but that is generally the easier choice. fuck the easier choice. lose anxiety in waiting; lay awake for that sunrise, OP, no matter how long it takes, no matter how hard it is to notice the moment where you say to yourself, this is what I wanted, this is what I fought for. it'll never come; c'est la vie.
>>
File: felix.jpg (36 KB, 439x372) Image search: [Google]
felix.jpg
36 KB, 439x372
If you still can somehow reach us, try to write something from the other side. Describe us how are the things there.

Send hi to my relatives too please!
>>
it's not easy for me to write this post. around 6 months ago i might not have been at rock bottom, but i was suffering deeply. juggling hair-tearingly mundane school and hectic fkn work and a general inability to deal with the people around me effectively (i'm moderately deaf)--killed me inside. on the worst days i would shove towels in the crack of my bathroom door, lay in my bathtub in my clothes, in complete darkness, and sob while i battled with myself over my inability to nut up and slice myself up. never mind the real causes, never mind the situation that led up to my temperament. it's all irrelevant. all that matters is where i am now.
over the past few weeks there have been moments when i just cry a little, thinking of where i was and where i am now and have been for some time now (i haven't looked back). i feel i've been given a second chance for some time now, a new energy, a new me, and i cry because i feel i don't deserve it. that is the drive in my life, the need to be a person who deserves it. it galvanizes me on a daily basis. though my issues are never-ending, i realize i beat them in collaboration with the people around me, and i continue to beat them. that's just what we do is deal with things as they come up. i vow to you, (but mostly to myself) that i will always rise to the challenge; i will always give it my best.
this world is everyday further along on its way to total equilibrium, and though it is a slow fucking process you should take pride and pleasure in the fact you as a human being are capable of reaching that point before the world does. just be brave and be kind.
>>
Can you let us know if God exists please OP? I don't mind the haunting as long as you're not violent about it.
>>
>>16472219
Yeah. Don't.
>>
I promise. everything gets better.
>>
>>16472219
You won't do it you sac
>>
File: aXm8942xjU.jpg (41 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm8942xjU.jpg
41 KB, 650x650
>>16472219
There is nothing after death. You are erasing yourself from existence.But cheer up. Your death decreases the wealth/population ratio by a miniscule amount so if you really do kill yourself we'll all get a slight pay raise.
>>
>>16472219
The biggest wisdom I can give you is that you do not want to die. I do not mean this in an idiomatic sense: I speak of the actual emotions that your condition is doing its damndest to bury. It tells you that you want to die, but YOU disagree.

That is why you are here, askibg us for wisdom. You know full well that, despite 4chan's reputation for having invented the "lol kill urself" meme, we WILL try to stop you. Even if all we can do is throw rhetoric aimed at convincing you to stop, you hope it will be enough: that something will stick.

That is my wisdom for you. You want to live. And that, right there, is reason enough. So live.
>>
lol all you guys saying this feel good stuff should try saying this stuff to a depressed impoverished person in a 3rd world country trying to kill themselves. Life doesn't always get better. If you want to end your suffering take your life by the balls and do it, it's your life after all. If you're too scared then you're not ready, go re-evaluate your life from there. Maybe there's something that keeps you going or someone you devote yourself to or depends on you, whatever it is look at it again. Honestly it takes a lot of guts to actually end your life, going against the mind's self-preservation instincts and all.
>>
>>16472219
I would not forgive if you left without a word.
My SO did that many years ago and I'm still in pain.
Do what you want with your life but please, leave a note.
>>
>>16475046
Not OP, but I'm curious, what would one put in a goodbye note? Random but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
>>
>Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

do it before you try anything
>>
You won't kill yourself.
>>
OP, see >>16475305
>>
>>16472219
Hey, since you are hell bent on dying can I make a suggestion? Since you don't fear death anymore why not do some fucked up shit? Remember the 4 chan guy who went to Afghanistan with a sword to kill Bin Laden? Why not be like him and go kill some ISIS fucks. Join the Peshmerga and go on a goatfucker killing spree. If you are lucky you die pretty soon and get some experiences none of us will ever get.

Enjoy death.
>>
Do you think there's peace after death?
Will it REALLY be better after we slip off the jeans of life and put on the pajama bottoms of eternal slumber?
Is it that simple?

If it is, I never got that memo.
Give it another day. Go out and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Yes, even that. What do you have to lose?
Then see if death is the answer.
>>
File: rp2.jpg (55 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
rp2.jpg
55 KB, 605x328
>>16472219
Anon, take an example from me.
Years ago, I was nothing.
Then I got up, forced myself to work towards a goal, studied hard every day and got a college degree.

I landed a great job, married a beautiful woman and bought a house.

Then Obama got elected.

I got laid off from my job. My wife left with our savings. My house got foreclosed.
Today I'm nothing.

Fuck. Now I want to kill myself.
>>
>>16472241
>It DOES get better anon, if you're at the point of killing yourself, it can only get better from here on in.

Not OP but this is a stupid fucking cliche and not true at all.

There's no rock bottom at all, and the pain threshold where life stops being worth living is a variable floating border.

Five years ago I was thinking of suicide frequently and my life was shit.
Today I still think about suicide, even more frequently, and my life is worse in pretty much every single aspect.

My savings are almost gone. My health is worse and my health insurance expired. My motivation to try to fix my life is at an all time low(and sinking). I don't have any contact with my parents anymore and my hope for any future fixing this situation is practically zero. I just sit and watch my money drain away, bringing me closer to more misery every day.

The only situation where it couldn't get any worse is if you're dead, but then it can't get better either.

I live because my savings are still there and I have some friends. Once savings are gone then so am I though, I simply don't have the willpower to deal with being homeless and if I can't solve a problem of slowly dimnishing savings then I'm not going to manage solving an acute lack of rent money either.
>>
>>16472219
I'm there
On antidepressants now
Try them
You'll feel so good
>>
Death is final; there are no takebacks. If there is the slightest chance there could be something to live for.. I don't know.
>>
>>16475713
>Go out and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Yes, even that. What do you have to lose?

Saying this means you fundamentally misunderstand what being depressed is like.

A key trait of depression is that what you previously found fun and interesting stops being so. Even if you force yourself to do it it's not going to be fun like it used to, it might even lead to the opposite effect that you get angry and more depressed for spending willpower/money/time on such a stupid and boring fucking thing.
>>
>>16472219
If you're using pills, crush them and mix with yoghurt. Wash down with spirits. Fairly foolproof, especially if you use benzodiazepines or something.

If you're going to do it just fucking do it, and if you're not then accept you wont no matter how much you want to, like myself.
>>
>>16472219
killing yourself is overrated. Anyone who is not close-close to you, even if they might feel sad and miss you will start to think youre an idiot for taking your own life.

also, this one was way clever
>>16472230
>>
>>16472219
Just end it quickly. Stream it or gtfo.
>>
>>16472219
Why are you still taking about it? What do you need wisdom for?
>>
Think of this being you against the world. You can escape this depressive state.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=00fUXbXKHbQ
>>
>>16476586
Lol i meant this link! https://m.youtube.com/verify_age?next=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_t2bnp8aoXw&client=mv-google
>>
>>16472219

go to a mosque and take some of them with you
>>
You are completing the first part of becaming a zombie. Thank you for being willing g founder for my nercomancy
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.