[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mouth ulcers/Canker sores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: Aphthe_Unterlippe.jpg (438 KB, 1375x1339) Image search: [Google]
Aphthe_Unterlippe.jpg
438 KB, 1375x1339
How can I get rid of these little bastards? I have 4 of them on the underside of my tongue and 2 on my cheeks. It's so painful that I can't even eat. It's been 4 days and nothing has fucking changed.

Help me
>>
Why don't you go to a dentist? He/She can help you.
>>
Try rinsing your mouth with salt water and dont tongue them. That only makes it worse. You should also go see a doctor
>>
>>16471772
>>16471776
You see I currently have tonsilitis and sinusitis. I've seen a doctor and briefly mentioned about the mouth ulcers, he basically said just rest and that there is no cure.
>>
Go to a fast food place like McDonald's or burgerking and get a salt packet. Believe it or not it works...
>>
I'm also on penicillin. could that have started it somehow?
>>
>>16471808
what just pour the salt on it?
>>
Well like make a little pouch with tissue. Paper towel would work make it rather small but it's going to burn like hell!! But within 15 minutes of it sitting on it you will feel a difference.
>>
>>16471768
Medfag here
Your doc is right... There is no cure

But he should have considered the wider picture.
Do you get these often? Are they always multiple? Do you ever see blood in your shit?
Just have to think along the lines of Crohn's disease. I imagine you fit the age demographic for it

>>16471809
Unlikely. It can rarely cause oral thrush
>>
Buy a silver nitrate stick, wet it, and place it on the sore. The sore will cauterize and heal quickly. Somewhat painful but worth it.
>>
>>16471920
Salt works better..
>>
>>16471908
Sometimes doctors are right. There is no cure. However there are real life things that big pharm companies do not control that really help.....
>>
Put a little chunk of aspirin on it and let it dissolve there.
>>
>>16471908
Yes my ass bleeds sometimes when I shit
>>
>>16471768
It might be snoo.
>>
>>16471929
I work in the NHS which is very pro-money saving
Trust me, if there are things that work that big pharma can't cash in on, or can, but it's not worth the cost, doctors will recommend it

You're right in the sense that no one is interested in doing a randomised controlled study about whether salt is better than placebo
>>
>>16471946
Fresh blood on the tissue paper isn't anything to worry about

Fresh blood mixed in with the shit, or dark blood (or even black shit) is something to go to the docs about... Mentioning the ulcers the same time
>>
>>16471949
Well it been tried. My mother. Who is also a med fag 20+ years in med field. Has cancer sore issue. Tried anything and everything from herpies medicine oral and cream, vinegar, mouth washes ( script and Otc) to no prevail. Finally old lady suggested salt. Poof like magic went away shortly after application. Just have to deal with the burn.
>>
>>16471768

they used to make this stuff in USA called "vance"

it was gr8 for these kinds of small mouth sores but not made anymore - do internet search for ingredients
>>
File: image_4.jpg (21 KB, 476x320) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
21 KB, 476x320
>>16471949
Lol not cancer sore... Auto corrected
>>
>>16471768
get some alum and mix water into it until it becomes a paste, then apply it to the sores. It's gonna sting a lot at first, but it will shrink them up really fast. I do it every time I get one and even the really bad ones are gone/not painful by the next morning.
>>
I use mouthwash. And not the non-alcohol kind either. From what I can tell it agitates the sore so it swells and helps to close it up. They persist and fester if they are exposed.
>>
>>16471947
What's snoo?
>>
>>16472046
You fell for it.

The standard response is:
"Not much. What snoo with you?"

Not funny and adds nothing to the thread.
>>
I had them once, I just cut them off and let it scar over
>>
>>16471768
I had exactly the same problem two years ago.
I don't know why (maybe because of what I ate).
Yes, it is painful.
I did nothing, just waited and it disappears after 1 or 2 weeks maybe, I don't exactly remember.
>>
Sorry dude, canker sores currently have no known cure or quick fix. The best thing you can do for them is to use a numbing gel or swish salt water. They'll last anywhere from a couple days to a week and you'll likely get them for the rest of your life. I've had them since I was a kid, so did my dad. They suck big time, just avoid citrusy things like orange juice, minty things like peppermint, and try not to bite the inside of your mouth.
>>
>>16472135
I always get them but never this bad. There's like 6 or 7 of them and I can't even eat. Usually I only get 1 and I can still eat.
>>
Just wait for 1-2 weeks and they'll go away.
Try to identify what you did (or didn't do) to cause them.

If you press your tongue against them for a while it'll be painful while you do it but then numb for a while.
>>
>>16472138
1-2 weeks of not eating? I can't lose my gains desu senpai
>>
>>16471768
Ambosol and qtip, gargle listerine morning night. Sorry I know how these feel.
>>
I used to get these all the time (possibly connected to my shitty diet).

Someone recommended taking Vitamin B supplements to prevent it and it's worked pretty well for me. I hardly ever get them now, only when I am stressed or sick.

There's no real evidence for it, but you can usually pick them up pretty cheap so it's worth a try if nothing else.

Anecdotally I've heard of other people who have had success with this.
>>
I've had canker sores all my life. Salt works for some people but honestly it takes time to heal up. Approximately a week +/- a few days.

If it gets absolutely unbearable, get a script for magic mouthwash or oral topical lidocaine to numb that shit

sincerely,
pharmfag.
>>
rinse with saltwater or pee, its super effective.
>>
Ok guys I found more information. If you put semen on them it heals them. I'm currently doing that now but it hasn't done much.
>>
Just echoing what people said, but to be clear, they're NOT bacterial; hitting them with mouthwash will just irritate them, it's not a hygiene issue (though the temporary numbing effect can feel good.) Salt really does help, though.
>>
I would say go and see your doctor, but you're probably from some fucked up country like the US where five minutes of a doctors time costs $1000
>>
Could I not just cut, pick or burn them off?
>>
Hi OP,

Used to get these a lot when I was in my teens. It won't take it away, but take a pinch of salt and put it on the canker, it's going to hurt like a bitch for 5-10 minutes but it should numb it enough for you to be able to eat.
>>
>>16472462
I did that and now they're bleeding
>>
>>16472512
bonjella
>>
>>16471768
here in Germany we have kamistad. you can find that in the drug store
>>
put little sliced potatoes on them

but the fact that youre getting 4 at a time is weird

i would see your GP
>>
>>16471768
Put some sodium bicarbonate on it. It might hurt a little but its effective
>>
Do you have asthma/take an inhaler? I get sores in my mouth if I take my inhaler without rinsing my mouth out immediately afterwards.
>>
>>16471908
no causes, but I always figured they were from a dirty mouth or stress. I get them sometimes and I think it's when my teeth cuts them somehow causeing it to swell and opening up.

You just rinse your mouth out and hope for the best, avoid acidy and sugary foods if you can they irritate it more. I always just rinsed them out with listerine to get the white part out and just let it heal. I heard that mouthwashes aren't good but cleaning them eases my pain a bit.
>>
>>16472058
I chuckled
>>
>>16473781

this about the acidy foods.

ditch juices and sodas a week for water and milk and see if it doesnt clear up.

use mouth rinse too, keep it clean
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.