[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing the genetic lottery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1444263414063.png (57 KB, 276x256) Image search: [Google]
1444263414063.png
57 KB, 276x256
>Below average looks
>Below average intelligence
>Shorter and weaker than those of your age group
>Lack confidence and social skills
>No talent or drive to compensate for the above

Is there any way to deal with this other than excessive amounts of apathy?
>>
Perception is everything anon, no matter how bad you think you look, someone out there doesn't think that. You must realize this if you are to have an enjoyable life anon.

also, no one likes a downer, so you can;t be mopey around others, it isn't because they don;t care, it's just that they don;t want to feel depressed. If you have family you can talk to or a good friend, cry to them occasionally, or perhaps go to some kind of group to express your sadness.
>>
>>16471414
>>No talent
Talent is generally bullshit, and only is deterministic at higher echelons of a given subject. Do what you like to do, and be okay with the possibility of never achieving greatness in that field. Greatness is also subjective, and your skills developed will most likely be valuable to someone before achieving greatness anyway.
>>
>Below average looks
>weaker than those of your age group
>Lack confidence and social skills

none of these is genetic lotery
>>
>>16471414

go volunteer at the homeless shelter and see some people less fortunate than you

or the animal shelter or the hospital or......
>>
>>16471414

Except for the last item - no drive - you sound exactly like the young Steve Jobs.
>>
>>16471414
Only the shortness is genetic, and ostensibly, your looks.

You don't lack talent. You are descended from the finest human beings in history, remember that your bloodline is full of hundreds to thousands of alpha male hunters and generally stand-up fellows, and you can be one too.

You lack drive because you perceive the road to improvement to be hard. And you are correct.

And lastly, if you don't have a learning disability, your intelligence is your own to master. Don't believe that "smart gene" bullshit, if it does exist it's minimal, nurture triumphs nature here.

Apathy is for the weak, it's challenging to care. Try to carve out your existence to be what YOU want.
>>
Op, you just guess that you may be inherently bad. If you are doing something wrong, then it is this.
You do not know before you did try. Do not easily discard the vast possibilities.
>>
>>16471720

this

All three can be changed.

Your lack of will and apathy is what is holding you back, not your natural talents or intelligence or body or facial shape.
>>
>muh genetics!
Sad, lonely guys are just as bad as landwhales
>>
>>16472396
This is what faggots who win the genetic lottery actually believe
>>
>>16472402
>sad, lonely loser deluding himself that he's not as bad as a landwhale
>>
>>16472402

> Genetic lottery
> Last in an unbroken line of bacteria, algea, plants, fish, dinosaurs, mammals and finally humans managing to survive and procreate

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, Fedor Emilianenko was a weak and sickly child that was bullied and ended up being the greatest pound-for-pound MMA fighter of his generation

Your life is your own to live, don't blame it on a crooked nose or a disability to do higher math
>>
>>16472416
Enjoy the benefits your good looks gives you while also deriding people for not having them like you do. Shoot yourself in the head, please :)
>>
>>16472421

Get fit, get a good haircut, wear some nice clothes.

BOOM, you just rose at least 2 points on the hotness scale, maybe 4 depending on how fat and how bad you carry yourself right now
>>
>>16472421
Ah, but you see I have looks AND brains. My life is more than whining about my pitiful existence on the internet :)
>>
As said above, some of your problems aren't genetic and can be improved upon to the point where you'll be happy with who you become. Theoretically.

The problem is your apathy. Seeing these things about yourself in a negative light and casting them aside helps you cope with them.

I know it sounds like the generic boxed up bullshit everyone feeds people when they're sad, but try it for a day or two: adopt a positive outlook on things. Just focus on the silver linings of things as your day goes by. If you start delving into those self hating thoughts, stop and think of something else.

What I did once that worked for me was make a list of everything im grateful for soon after I wake up. Then as your day goes by notice those things, pay attention to them.

Finally, as you adopt this positive outlook for a day or two, remember to drop your expectations. Maybe something great will happen but then maybe something won't. Just take it for what it is.

I think if you can last that out for more than a few days, perhaps a week, longer, who knows, you could very well begin on a lasting path toward improving yourself.
>>
>>16472420
Fedor also fought questionable opposition during a time when mma was not nearly as developed of a sport. Once people enacted a halfway decent game plan he got beat badly. See Henderson, Bigfoot Silva (lol), and Werdum.

>>16472428
>implying that makes up for natural ugliness
Typical canned adv brand advice.

>>16472432
Of course it is anon. You know would enhance it to its fullest potential? A bullet to the brain.
>>
>>16472467

You are missing my point: he was a great fighter regardless of the few matches he lost, later on he also dealt with injuries (like so many other greats that suddenly loose power)
And he came from a childhood of bullying and weakness, rose up and developed his body, and is now actually a fucking politician in Russia.

A fit body goes a long fucking way when it comes to looking good, besides, facial aesthetics can be changed with clever use of proper haircuts and shaving (or beard)
If you are a girl, then you can just use make-up. Something us boys have a fucking hard time pulling off.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.