[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If she starts playing hard to get, is this good for the guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1447738034788.jpg (125 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
1447738034788.jpg
125 KB, 440x660
If she starts playing hard to get, is this good for the guy?
>>
this girl i know flirts a lot in person, but won't text back when i ask what she's got going on on a given day

what the fuck is going on here? just an attention whore or does she want me to chase her
>>
Why would she play hard to get?
>>
>>16471200
Are you sure she's flirting?
>>
>>16471174
Is she playing hard to get, or is she giving you hints to stop pursuing her?

I've never seen a girl playing hard to get before.
>>
>>16471323
This.

When ever a girl has flirted with me she never made it hard for me to get her.
>>
>>16471325
>>16471323
Yeah.
I'm a girl and I have never played "hard to get" or heard of any of my friends playing "hard to get".

I don't date just anyone, but I never reject a guy hoping that he'll pursue me more. I always act interested and nice to the boys that I want to pursue me more.
I only act distant if I want them to leave me alone
>>
my understanding of it is the girls who are playing hard are doing to the guys with reputation of being a player.
As they want some sort of meaningful commitment from them before putting out.
>>
It depends whether she is playing hard toward a person because the person likes it or whether she is playing hard to get because she has princess syndrome. In the first case she's playful and seductive, in the second case she's selfish and asocial. There is no correct answer without putting context. It's possible she isn't playing in the first place and she's just shy, anxious, cautious or timid.
>>
What if the guy is slow af and can't take a hint that the girl is interested?
>>
>>16471174
No. It's not good at all.

The problem is that any sufficiently good player of hard-to-get is insidtinguishable from someone who isn't interested and wants you to go away. If she is the latter type, then continuing to pursue her is not only futile, but WILL cement your reputation as a creeper, and it is VERY hard to get rid of that image.

Back off now. It is not worth the risk. Even is she IS just playing hard-to-get, she is doing so ething cruel that should not be encouraged.
>>
>>16471398
Besides, the best way to counter someone who plays hard-to-get is to play it right back. It is the oldest form of negging, and probably the only form of it that doesn't involve being a creepy asshole.
>>
>>16471430
What if the guy likes the girl but hasn't really given much interest?
>>
Will a girl who plays hard to get play it consistently?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.