[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Think I'm an Autist by This Point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I've never been able to grow a close connection to anyone. Not even my family. I have friends that would miss me if I were gone but I feel so disconnected from everyone all the time. Whenever I see a couple together, I get overcome with this feeling of sadness and envy. Envy cause I want that and sadness cause love feels like such a distant thing to me that I can never have it. I'm not suicidal or anything but everything feels so empty to me. I want to develop that connection with someone and to love them but I just don't think I can
>>
>I just don't think I can
That's your problem right there. I know you've tried to form relationships with other people---that is what you need to keep doing. If you quit then like I decided then you are too far gone. But you, you still state you WANT a relationship, love and all that assorted nonsense. Then keep grasping for it.
>>
>>16470749
I guess your right. I'll just have to keep trying. I just thought that maybe there was a trick I was missing or something. I'm just tired of hearing and having to think to myself "just keep trying" "you'll find the one eventually". Thanks a lot anyways anon. Have a good night
>>
Autist
>>
>>16471410
so you see the problem too
>>
This is depression, not autism.

Like you, there was a time when I longed desperately for strong emotional bonds, but found it almost impossible to form them. More than one person suspected me of autism because of that. But when I eventually went in for a psychological work-up, autism was ruled out pretty conclusively.

Both autistic and depressed people have trouble forming strong emotional bonds, but in both cases this is a side effect of the problem, not a core aspect of it. If you were autistic, you'd have trouble understanding these connections, or even desiring them, but that doesn't describe you. Instead, you speak of emptiness and joylessness: that's classic anhedonia, which is itself a strong indicator for depression.

I am not qualified to diagnose. You need to go in and get real testing done to be sure. But I strongly suspect that you are barking up the wrong tree.
>>
>>16471449
That would make sense. Doesn't change the fact that everything feels empty though. Maybe I should get therapy or something. I don't know
>>
>>16470408
I feel like you, I never have TRUE close connection with anyone.
Sometime I think I have true friends, and once, they totally stop talking to me (I mean lots of my "friends at the same time"), the other years (when something like this does not happend), I'm just alone

I guess I just have to do math and computer science during the rest of my life, and stop trying to make friends, because I can't have true social relation
>>
>>16472181
I know that feel bro. We'll get there eventually, I hope
>>
I know this feel too well.

There was an anon like a month or so ago that came here and posted about social psychology topics like friendship. I remember that the two most important things for friendship were touching and sharing. Physical touching, and giving information about your life. And there were these "tiers" of friendship and how much it is acceptable to touch and share at each tier.

So I guess you can learn about this stuff and eventually.

Unfortunately I can't find anything exactly like this with a quick search on google.
>>
>>16473136
anyone have this? I would be greatly appreciative to whoever can get me this
>>
*bump*
>>
>>16473170
Not OP but also interested in this, pls share if anyone can find it
>>
>>16474273
Also not op but really want this
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.