[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody been admitted into the hospital for depression? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 56194536.jpg (127 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
56194536.jpg
127 KB, 500x414
Has anybody been admitted into the hospital for depression? How is it? Considering admitting myself.
>>
I've been in a closed ward three times. It was pretty boring, there wasn't much to do except for watching TV, chain smoking and colouring those mandala things. One time another patient broke a window, and some more things happened, but overall I felt pretty safe.
If you think you're a danger to yourself, you should definitely go, but don't expect to get actual therapy and shit. Closed wards are for safety, not for treatment.
>>
>>16469988
Do it, it'll feel good realizing how crazy you aren't
>>
>>16470017
How does one get treatment..? An heroing has been crossing my mind alot lately, although I don't know if I could bear acting on it.
>>
>>16469988
Same, suicidal thoughts in excess of hundreds of times daily, no idea why alive
I've never been though you should go just to report back
>>
>>16470056
Hey, if I admit myself tonight. You admit yourself.
>>
Boring,shitty television, weird but conversational people, food is ok.

Mostly boring, must be on bed all the time
>>
>>16470091
In terms of speaking to therapists/psychologists? I genuinely think that's what I need as soon as possible.
>>
I admitted myself to a three-day inpatient care facility for depression and anxiety when I was seriously considering killing myself. It was a scary time. The first day was nurses and doctors telling me how everything was gonna be all right and that they were gonna help me get better. I saw some therapists and they actually had a neat art department where I got to draw pictures that were over-analyzed by the staff. There were a lot of people there, too, and I found myself entering into some pretty meaningful conversations with them. Food was typical hospital food - some like it, some don't - but I was never tied down to a bed or restricted to my room like some might think.

After three days, they put me on the right medications, and sent me home. After two or so days, I felt LOADS better. Like, not euphoric or drugged up, but genuinely better.

I was required to attend a two-week outpatient program afterwards and that was super boring. Six hours a day of talking about our feelings, and a free lunch. That was awful. I did get out of school and work though, so it was okay. Just super boring.

If I had to give you any advice, it'd be this: Are you considering killing yourself? If so, go to the emergancy room. This is an emergancy. If not, maybe see a doctor this week. They can get you better.

As someone whose seen both sides of depression, you can make it. If I can, you can.
>>
>>16470107
Look up reviews on wherever you'd be going. Therapists and psychologists can be great. Some are terrible though.
>>
>>16470389
Thank you for the great information.
>>
>>16469988
If it gets you out of the circumstances that were eroding your will to live, then it might help. If those circumstances are attached to you, then it won't, you'll need therapy.

Under no circumstances should you ever admit to suicidal ideation. Not to a doctor, nurse, orderly, other patient, farm animal, plumbing fixture, or mattress. Just trust me on this.
>>
>>16470048
You either go to your GP and ask them to refer you to a therapist and/or psychiatrist, or, if you think you need more intensive treatment (which might be the case for you), you admit yourself to an open ward.
>>
>>16471319
Why not? You dont have to be so paranoid. Ive admitted to that to a few professionals but they know there's a big difference between ideation and planning. Find someones whos not retarded and tell them how you feel.its the only way youll get better
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.