[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snapchat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 640x1136
Can someone go the the police with your snapchat name and screen shots and find out who you are?

Was lead on now she's going crazy making these threats saying its harassment and I'll be found out.

Alternate account, not my main phone and on wifi. I've blocked her username and permanently erased my account. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
Jesus Christ, anon, how gullible are you?
>>
>>16469642
You been perving on 13 year old girls again OP?
>>
Lol she's 21. Sorry I'm paranoid.
>>
>>16469642
Naughty naught.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/heres-how-cops-get-your-snapchat-history-573064832

Now will the cop bother doing it and will the cops be able to track your from the log??? That depends on what you've done.
>>
>>16469642
>Can someone go the the police with your snapchat name and screen shots and find out who you are?

yes
>>
>>16470222
How
>>
>going on snapchat ever

I think you brought this on your self
>>
>>16470343

they have diagnostic tools to track you down

really they do

don't believe it ?

try something dumb and find out !
>>
>>16469642

If she has the your name and screen shots as proof, if they could get a warrant they could fairly easily put together who you are. The difficult thing would be getting a warrant which most cops would not bother to do unless you've very clearly broken the law and are doing some fucked up shit.
>>
>>16470834
It's not my main account, it's on a phone that has no plan and there's no real phone number or email associated to the account. And she doesn't know my real name.
>>
>>16471590
Snapchat has servers.
Those servers have logs.
Those logs contain your IP.
The cops can go to your internet provider and find out who the IP was assigned to at the time those things were sent.
They now got your name, address and everything else your internet provider and the state know about you.
They need a warrant for this.
That's actually how they catch people on file sharing/P2P networks.
>>
I don't think screenshots hold up as evidence. You need the chat logs from the company of snapchat, but they ostensibly delete those from their servers once opened
>>
>>16471650
No, they don't.
They keep a back log of things to a certain extent (snapchat officially claims that number is 200).
They now also have the right to sell your pictures and you expect them to simply delete those things they might want to sell? Right...
It's true screenshots are not evidence, unless their authenticity can be 100 % proven.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.