[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you keep yourself busy while waiting to die alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: cat.jpg (230 KB, 2092x2092) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
230 KB, 2092x2092
How do you keep yourself busy while waiting to die alone?
>>
Lengthy Skype calls with a group of friends.
>>
>>16469287
How do you get skype to work? It's been out for some months now, it always says it wants to update but every time I try to update there's some error, and for some reason I can't even delete the program despite of not being able to use it.
>>
You should keep yourself busy by living.

Death can take you when you're done
>>
>>16469292
Sorry, man, no idea. It works just fine for me.
>>
>>16469300
What am I supposed to do?
>>
>>16469303
Whatever you want to do, dude.

Your life is an empty diary that will be burned to ashes like your body after your death. The question is whether that journal is worthy of being placed in one the most coveted places of all: in someone's memories.

Will your life be worthy of remembrance?
>>
>>16469316
The problem is I want a relationship and that is not going to be an option.
>>
>>16469321
Why not?
>>
>>16469321
Identify your problems and work to solve them.

You know what you want so go out and get it. What are you waiting for? There will be no calms in this storm and there will be no divine intervention.
>>
>>16469323
Because due to my living situation my choices are between moving away to look for better dating prospects and staying here to look after my family, and I'm not going to abandon mom to look after my sister alone.

>>16469324
>you know what you want
I also want to win the lottery, but the odds of winning are too little to waste money on tickets.

>what are you waiting for?
The day I no longer want to win the lottery.
>>
Learn how to do neat stuff. Anything that catches your eye will suffice, from backyard astronomy to scrimshaw to macrame to calligraphy. All that matters is that must seem interesting to you. If you've got basic competency in something, and then something else catches your eye, then learn that too. If you have trouble deciding, roll a die to pick one at random; there will be time to do the others eventually. No one is saying that you have to put in 10,000 hours for each.

This will fill up your time quite nicely. Not only that, but it will help make you interesting, not because of any one of the things you do, but because of the combinations of things you do. And who knows: this might help solve your other problem.
>>
>>16469330
What is ruining your dating prospects in your current place of residence?
>>
>>16469330
>my choices are between moving away to look for better dating prospects and staying here to look after my family, and I'm not going to abandon mom to look after my sister alone.
It's admirable that you would look after your family this way. But why is this an either/or thing? What makes you think you'd have to move away to look for better prospects?
>>
>>16469345
I'm making shit out of glass. Still dying alone.
>>
>>16469347
The absence of gays.

>>16469354
The absence of gays.
>>
>>16469359
Geez, where do you live, 1950s suburbia?
>>
>>16469364
Very small place in Eastern Europe where everything is far away and travelling is expensive.
>>
>>16469287
That sounds tiring, desu
>>
>>16469282
That's sad, super sad.
>>
>>16469345
I'm a multi instrumentalist, and on occasion write songs and make videos on the Internet. Creating things that came from my mind is such a satisfactory thing for me.

So yeah OP. This is good advice.
>>
Broaden your horizons and watch every documentary on Netflix
>>
>>16469282
I assist random strangers on an internet imageboard.
Also, you're never truly alone. There are a bunch of ghosts watching you at all times.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.