[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become successful in Tinder as a male?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1447105303206.jpg (885 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1447105303206.jpg
885 KB, 1988x3056
How do I become successful in Tinder as a male?
>>
Be attractive.
Don't be unattractive.
Make girls smile.
Never waste time being "tactical." Pick an approach and stick to it universally.
>>
>>16469165
How soon should I ask to meet them then? Seems like everything falls apart once I do ask to meet up. I have to be doing something wrong.
>>
>>16469169
It depends on the approach you chose in #4. If you want your approach to be "we meet tonight," good on you. You push to meet that night. If you want your approach to be "weekend, proper date" then that's what you push for. Equally valid.

The point is consistency. Don't think that failure means you're doing something wrong. Failure means that you had bad fortune; your approach was incompatible with the girl. Did you do something wrong if you roll a die and the wrong number comes up? No. But what you can't do is keep changing the number you're looking for. If you want to roll a 6, keep trying for a 6. Don't change your target if you fail a few times. You're holding out for a 6. Roll, roll, roll.

The majority of the "falling apart" is happening from bad rolls, not from bad approaches. The only mistake you could really be making (apart from the other three suggestions I gave) is to keep adjusting yourself to match the girl. Stop that right now. There is no changing. Put your foot down and look for the 6.
>>
>>16469180
The probability of any single digit rolling on a 6-sided die is equally the same
>>
>>16469186
The point I'm making is based on that: changing to accommodate what you perceive as bias is silly, because you're only experiencing random chance. While It doesn't hurt your odds to go from a 6 to a 5, it also doesn't improve them. You're only teaching yourself a bad habit about statistics to change because "the 6 isn't coming up."

The issue here is one of good psychological habits, not how dice work.
>>
>>16469198
Didn't you ever learn in the 4th grade that you need to cater to your audience? You don't speak to a child the same way you would speak to an adult. Extrapolate that as you please.

If something neither hurts nor helps than it is neutral. Therefore it has no impact on the final result and is irrelevant.

Besides, google "the trend is your friend"
>>
>>16469198
OP here. That's not me but thank you for the help. I'll just keep on trying. Just feels bad being a 21 year old with almost no girl experience after high school.
>>
>>16469215
That 4th grade advice is not applicable to success in dating. What you're advocating is becoming Mr. Potato Head. Don't have a secure, well-defined identity or personality; adjust and mold yourself to the tastes of others.

That is at best unattractive and at worst manipulative.

>If something neither hurts
Except that constantly thinking "I've approached badly" instead of "I just got unlucky" turns an observation about luck into a feeling of inadequacy. Thinking that you're at fault for failure is significantly more harmful than accepting how life doesn't work out sometimes.

>"the trend is your friend"
Google says "The trend is your friend, until the end when it bends." So things are predictable until they aren't? That's an empty tautology. I'll stick with actual advice.
>>
>>16469217
You should try asking a smart, nerdy but passably attractive girl in one of your classes (21 = uni?) out for coffee. You'll feel a lot better about yourself.
>>
>>16469228
But I'm not in college yet. Next year though..
>>
>>16469215
>You don't speak to a child the same way you would speak to an adult.
Are you saying Anon should have spoken to you like a child instead of confusing you with dice?
>>
>>16469224
Let's go back to the drawing board here. I am not advocating a shift in personality. I am advocating a shift in approach.

Let's go back to 4th grade logic here. No matter how hard you try, you ain't gonna fit the triangle into the square slot. You can keep trying and eventually you'll find the triangle slot through trial and error. But next time if you want the square you need to pick up the square.

Attributing failure to anything but yourself is dismissive. There is no divine intervention only sheer will to carry you forward. You have any idea how many times people have said that can't be done and I've done it? Where there's a will there's a way son. Look at prison. People can still kill while locked in maximum security.

The trend adage is older than you are and applicable to my earlier ideology. Follow the trend and recognize shifts. Follow it up and follow it down. People who make more money than your entire city combined do just that.
>>
>>16469238
>>16469238
Na. Just pointing out the flaws in his statistics analogy.

Lets say there are 6 personality types that correspond to the 6 sides of a die. You pick one and keep it to yourself.

Pretty sure I wouldn't have any greater or lesser of a chance to guess which number you picked if I stuck with a number or just picked at random
>>
ya dont
>>
>>16469262
this. it's a goldmine for girls. guys barely stand a chance
>>
Bump. I've tried to hang out with 3 girls and they never replied back afterwards. Does anyone even do dates anymore?
>>
>>16469217
What's your story? like with women and how you ended up on tindr now?
>>
>>16470049
Dated a girl for 10 months, broke it off because it just wasn't working out. Other girls I dated were from 1 week to 2 months. Latest one was 2 months, which was 2 years ago. I was a slob and she was my first. She dumped me because I was depressed and wasn't doing a thing.
>>
>>16470049
Oh I forgot about the tinder part. I just felt the need to get back into the dating world but it isn't the same as it was before as far as I can tell. So I'm pretty clueless now and am just using this app.
>>
>>16470071
I'm going to be totally honest with you then. Really going to let go of my ahole 4chan thing here. You don't belong on tindr. You haven't even had a real relationship yet. 10 months is bullshit. You need a real girlfriend, not a fuck. Or you're going to end up jaded, bitter, and more unmotivated than ever in a few months.
>>
>>16469156
>Be fit as fuck
>Be alpha as fuck
>Have a big dick

That's all you need.
>>
>>16470156
I remember messing around with a girl and she thought I had a beer coozy on my dick. Fun times.
>>
>>16470136
It'd hard to get a girlfriend when I can't even get dates to go through
>>
>>16470163

you should just get circumcised then
>>
>>16470172
Kek
>>
>>16470171
Well on tindr the best case scenario is that you could get laid by a maybe slightly hot person, but then never hear from the person again. Tindr is a soul crushing black hole. What other apps are you on?
>>
>>16470163
Must be nice. I have a smaller dick (5" hard maybe 3" around) and girls sometimes have to do that weird thing where you pinch your dick between your thing and middle/index fingers. It kinda looks like the "blah blah" hand motion you do when someone is talking too much. Anyway, I'm jelly but at least girls don't mind my dick. More power to you, anon.
>>
>>16470201
None.
>>
Bump while I go to sleep
>>
>>16470136
Meanwhile I'm reading OP's post and going 'wow, he has heaps of experience with girls and he's a year younger than me'.

I'm at the point now where people are suspicious that I don't have a gf, and flat out disbelieving when I tell them I've never had one.

>Not yet brave enough to bring up the virgin thing

My sisters keep on telling me to try tinder, but my text game, if possible, is even worse than my real life one.
>>
get a picture with a dog as your profile pic

get a picture of you doing something in nature or whatever

get your profile reviewed by /r/tinder, they tend to have very good tips.

from that point, it's a matter of getting good at first messages
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>16471522
>/r/tinder
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.