[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Father told me in the car that he understands why people kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 960x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 960x449
Father told me in the car that he understands why people kill their own families. Can't stop thinking about it and don't want to contact for help yet. I know 4chan is a shitty first choice but what should I do?
>>
It seems to me that that doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to do it. In fact if he was ever going to do it he probably wouldn't have said it to you.

Maybe he was just making an observation. I used to never understand why people took family members either but once I watched some documentary and the circumstances were so bad that finally I kind of got it. Extreme hopelessness. So I sort of understand in a way but at the same time do not feel the same way nor will act the same way.

If you have any reason to believe it wasn't just an observation about some other crazy people then you should contact the police bro.
>>
He has access to firearms.
>>
>>16469043
This is the reason why I didn't do anything like contact the police. I thought that if he really wanted to he would've just done it. Thanks for the help man, it really is appreciated honestly
>>
>>16469050

I would still go ahead and be concerned if he is experiencing severe depression or something and has access to firearms. I mean I doubt he is about to off you all in your sleep but if he has a mental disorder or something then that would be a good reason to be very concerned.

Have you considered maybe asking him what he means? He should either realize that it was a spooky thing to say, back track and explain his rational reason for saying it such as like I said maybe he saw a documentary that just blew his mind. Or if he is actually fucked in the head he may either try everything possible to get you to drop it or say more spooky stuff.

It also may be good to tell like your mom or siblings he said it so they can weigh in too.
>>
>>16469071
He told me that he would never do it himself but he understands why people do it. That's the part that fucked with me, the fact that he gets why they do it. I was scared shitless because his job is extremely stressful and he's the type to bottle in all emotions and not talk about them. I'm going to sit down with him and have a discussion about work life to see how it's going because it's the only way for him to speak up
>>
>>16469082

I personally don't think that sounds overly alarming or like he is mentally ill. This is going to sound fucked up so I get why it is bothersome entirely, I would have felt just as alarmed when I was younger, but I've been a parent and breadwinner for 5 odd years and the pressure of supporting so much and having people you love SO MUCH rely on you in that way does kind of make you understand it a bit. Like the world is so cold and cruel that if you cannot adequately protect yourself and them that you'd rather they didn't have to suffer it. The difference is just knowing that there are a lot of options, that you just shouldn't off yourself and that you have a personally responsibility to make it work anyway. And that even if your kids don't have a perfect experience that is part of life and they are resilient. But I don't think that personal reflection of his was indicative of anything more than dad stress. But I think the idea of you talking to him about work and expressing general appreciate and admiration of him will help him anyhow. That and letting him know all the great stuff you've got going on for yourself. The biggest key to his happiness is yours.
>>
>>16469105
I can't thank you enough for the help you've given me. I feel like these thoughts you wrote were the ones I was looking for but were drowned in anxiety and stress. I hope life is going fantastic for you and your family and I wish nothing but the best. Thank you
>>
>>16469020
Definitely let your mom know about this conversation. She knows him better than you. She will have a sense over how much danger you may be in.
>>
>>16469135

Thank you anon, glad I could be of any help.
>>
I use to be scared of dying until 3 of my friends died 2 in one shooting, other in suicide. I just think in the back of my head, if they could handle dying then I could too. Idk maybe your dad thinks it'll be easier if you all went together?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.