[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My wife is English and moved with me to the States when we got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
My wife is English and moved with me to the States when we got married. After 15 years and three kids we are happy enough but she wants to move us all to live in England. It's mostly because of health care reasons. I don't have any good family (friends are shit) and she does have a great caring family.

All in all I don't want to live in England, I don't mind British stuff at all but it seems really cramped with rows of small houses in a row with chavs and asylum seekers from what I've seen on TV.

Anyone else lived in both countries??
>>
>>16468728
>to live in England. It's mostly because of health care

they have nationalized health care in Britain and it is a nightmare - do internet search for news articles about horror stories

unless you have lots of $$ for special privs
>>
>>16468728
Like everything else, all you see or read in the news are the horror stories.

There are plenty of nice towns and cities in Britain. The NHS is in fact overloaded and varies in quality. I live in London and have nothing but praise for it. Just as in the USA there are good schools and lousy schools, good neighborhouds and bad ones, places with high unemployment and areas begging for workers.

Ordinary living does tend to be more expensive. The rule of thumb for everything from McDonald's meals to computers to rents is that the numbers are the same, but only in pounds rather than dollars (which essentially means 50% higher)
>>
>>16468728
>but it seems really cramped with rows of small houses in a row with chavs and asylum seekers from what I've seen on TV.
Then live in the fucking country you fag, if you can afford the gas to drive everywhere.

>>16468736
>they have nationalized health care in Britain and it is a nightmare - do internet search for news articles about horror stories
Don't the euros literally say the same thing about the US healthcare system?
>>
>>16468808

>Don't the Euro's literally say the same thing about the U.S. health care system.

All the first world countries relish in making it seem like living in their country is a dream and living in any other country is shit for any number of reasons.

It's a pissing contest, in the end, it honestly doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>16468808
>the euros literally say the same thing

they can say whatever they want but in USA if you have $$ you can get good health care

nor are there literally 100s of news articles about NHS failing failing failing and failing again

its economics free health care never works somebody has to pay the bills and surprise after a few decades there is no more $$
>>
It's like believing that moving to the States is a nightmare because you'll be living in a shitty trailer surrounded by fat rednecks, or you'll be in some inner city hood where thugs constantly try to shoot you. Are you a chav or an asylum seeker? If no, chances are you will not be living with them. The UK is not taking the brunt of the current refugee crisis if that's your concern, due to the fact that it's an island to the north and far west of Europe and the refugees are coming across land from the south and east. Most are headed for Germany or for Scandinavian countries that they can reach by land.

As for whether it's the right decision for you, why don't you try visiting instead of watching TV? Presumably you're not going to buy a house without viewing it first, so go see the towns she's thinking about living in for yourself instead of asking some teenagers on the internet about their cultural experiences of the UK based on bickering on /pol/ and /int/. It's not like this shit happens overnight and if you agree you'll be living in a terraced house tomorrow, the process of emigrating to England will likely take you a year or more.
>>
Britbong here, I'm not here to sway your opinion, just share what I can.
>it seems really cramped with rows of small houses
On average, british homes are smaller than american ones, though it also depends on where you live, but more importantly, how much money you have to spend on a home.

>with chavs and asylum seekers from what I've seen on TV.
Depends where you live. Some areas have a lot of these, some have none at all.

>Don't the euros literally say the same thing about the US healthcare system?
In general, yes. The way your system operates seems scary to many brits mostly because of the way fees are handled.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know OP? a lot of what has been asked is very circumstantial.
>>
>>16468736
It's LITERALLY got to be better than actual nothing.

Also, better travel opportunities and less chance of your kid getting shot at school.
>>16468808
>Then live in the fucking country you fag,
This.
>>
>>16468857
>they can say whatever they want but in USA if you have $$ you can get good health care
It's literally the same in Europe. The only difference is that healthcare is also available to those without the $$$.

I don't even know when is the last time I've used public healthcare even though it's available for me without any cost. I've got a great insurance from my job which covers private healthcare pretty well and instead of waiting a bit on public side and getting quality care I'll just go to private and get the same quality or perhaps a bit better care but without the wait times.
>>
>>16468728
London mostly has become shit. I think you could probably find a small English town else where, but within the next 10-20 years even the landscape of those areas will probably change due to incoming refugees.

Who knows it might even become bad enough that they start instituting sharia law in England like they're doing in France, which in my opinion, has just blatantly become a muslim nation.

I really suggest you travel and vacation there, and imagine what it could be like in the future.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.