[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
moving to another state alone with no $$$ or job experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: lain.jpg (83 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
lain.jpg
83 KB, 720x540
hi, just a lurker here.
i'll be 19 soon and i am tired of my living situation (at home with mom in the middle of nowhere)
i graduated highschool atleast 7 months ago and i have done absolutely nothing since then. i have no interests or goals..and my family doesn't push me to do anything either. i've got my own car, and i do house/dog sitting jobs on the side for extra cash. my plan was to just to rent a room in someones house and get a decent enough job. any advice?
>>
>>16466831

you're going to need $$ to move

why not try community college ? get a computer job
>>
:^( please
>>
>>16466909

i honestly don't think i'm patient/intelligent enough for that sort of thing
if i did i would want to go to a college out of state and my mom wouldn't allow it
>>
>>16466938
>i honestly don't think i'm patient/intelligent enough for that sort of thing

your grades in h.s. were that bad ?

otherwise your job choices are limitied

what about vocational college ?
>>
>>16466943
the only classes i failed were math, and it always brought my gpa down
i'd never considered vocational college either
>>
>>16466968

if your physically healthy construction work - learn electrician plumbing carpentering or work on mechanical things cars motors etc

good luck
>>
> my family doesn't push me to do anything either

>if i did i would want to go to a college out of state and my mom wouldn't allow it

Whuh?

I don't get it, bud. You own your own vehicle, and plan on moving out. Perhaps out of state. But she has some authority over you that she would disallow you to attend college out-of-state?

Would you be relying on her to pay your tuition? Are you just very afraid to cross her or do anything she doesn't wish? I'm at a loss.

I'd recommend stringent self-guided research on this. Generate a total amount of money that you're going to need to have saved up to make this work. You ain't gonna want to get on a greyhound with 20 bucks in your pocket.

Figure out an amount to sustain yourself for the period of time it'll take to get an entry-level job. Be sure you have that first.

Your expectation for living arrangement doesn't seem well thought-out enough. You're basically gonna be sorting through randoms for the folks you're gonna be living with. A bit dangerous...not necessarily in the sense of "i might get raped/axe-murdered" but in terms of comfort and contentment.
>>
>>16467116
sorry for the late reply i was doing some research on the vocational stuff!

she'd rather have me go to a community college thats 20 minutes away even though moneys not an issue for her

i also have a friend in the state who wouldn't mind me staying a week or few to check out the roommate options
>>
>>16466831
My guy, it takes 6 or so months of diligent saving to move to another city. I've done the math because I plan to do it next year, and I bet your destination isn't anywhere near as expensive as mine.

Get a job or two and save. It's not that difficult to move, you just gotta be bold.
>>
File: 1446213158680.jpg (48 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1446213158680.jpg
48 KB, 1008x720
>>16466831
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.