[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coworker mad I am not texting a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Texting.jpg (127 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
Texting.jpg
127 KB, 604x403
Coworker is on vacation, texted me (we're pretty friendly, have hung out before.) He texted asking how I was doing, and i didn't respond. I didn't because I was studying, then I woke up the next day went to a doctor's appointment, then straight to an out of class test, then I was late to me my brother at our new apartment.

He sent me "You know what I hate? When you know people always have their phone on them and they ignore your texts."

I sometimes don't respond to texts because I'm fucking busy. I work full-time plus overtime, I take a class, and I have spent the last 8 months taking care of my mentally insane abusive mother, and I'm finally moving away. I get like, 4 hours of sleep a night. I don't eat enough, I'm constantly stressed. Sometimes I just don't have time to fucking text back sometimes.

How do I respond? I'm 24, and have a 35-40 year old man acting like a teenage girl.

Also I don't mean to stereotype, but yes he's a homosexual.
>>
>>16466285
Instead of venting to adv about it, why don't you tell him to fuck off and say you're busy ayyyyy
>>
>>16466285
It depends on what outcome you want.
Do you want to stay friends and keep hanging out or do you not mind the chance that you might hurt your friendship?
>>
>>16466302
If he wasn't my coworker I would tell him to fuck off and quit being a bitch. He is really nice to me and I like him, I want to stay friendly but this isn't a crucial friendship I'm desperately trying to preserve.
>>
>>16466313

Tell him he doesn't have a 24/7 monopoly on your attention just because you're friends, and you're not going to take any attitude from him just because you didn't respond on his schedule. He's being unreasonable and you don't need to take that shit.
>>
you sound way more mad than him, so your act is just like his

be objective, tell what happened and that's it
>>
>>16466318
I don't want to share all of my personal life about my crazy mom.
>>
>>16466313
Say something like "Just because my phone is with me doesn't mean I have time to reply straight away sometimes. Hope you're having a good time on holiday"

If he keeps complaining just ignore him
>>
>>16466285
>I've actually been really busy recently, and was waiting to respond when I had a little time to chat

dont be a bitch and dont say anything salty or stupid

he'll realise he was a bitch and then, well, see what he says and go from there
>>
>>16466331
aight that's good. I mean if he was chill this wouldn't be a big deal but he can be such a moody bitch sometimes.
>>
>>16466318
Go fuck yourself
If you can't tale 5 seconds to read and respond. You don't deserve a phone or a friend .
I fucking hated this , I'm the only person who reads and responds to texts in a timely manner
>>
>>16466285
U r a dick. It's not that hard to just respond really quick when someone is being friendly. Part of being friendly with people is accommodating them even when you don't want to. You're going to go through a lot of shit over this now when all you needed to do was send a quick "I'm good, how are you? "

Welcome to life and friendship. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to avoid worse things you don't want even more.
>>
>>16466342
I agree with the "responding in a timely manner" sentiment, just without all the angst and anger.

As someone who responds to texts in a timely manner, it then makes me feel weird when people text me and I want to respond immediately. Kind of like when I text my ex girlfriend and she's busy and stressed but when she's not busy and stressed she's all over my dick. I like that she wants me and that's flattering and shit but it also makes me feel awkward responding to her when she's too busy and stressed to respond to me.

So just remember, people who don't respond in a timely manner, that it then makes it awkward for others when you want to be heard.... even if we want to hear you.
>>
>>16466285
>soz m8, im a bit lackadaisical about txts :P
>>
>>16466285
yeah he is being kind of a little bitch.

i do hate it when people just dont respond though. when i hit up my friends to see if they can hang some of them just dont reply if they cant or if they dont want to, instead of just fucking saying so.
>>
>>16466950
>apologizing
get the fuck out.
>>
Tell him your situation. Tell him that texting is really only for when someone in your family is in an emergency.

Yet seeing as he is an irrational manbaby, he wont take logic for an answer. Say you're on a plan where you got a limited number of texts and family members in medical durress. Its a white lie, but the truth will only inconvenience you
>>
>>16467060
Soz m8
>>
>>16466285
heh, I don't respond to texts because I don't fucking want to. I have no issue letting people know this is a trait of mine.
>>
>>16467033
If it is something like "hey are you free" I try to text back. but If it is something that doesn't need immediate attention, I get to it when I can. He is supposed to be on vacation so I know he wasn't trying to hang out or anything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.