[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 years after break up I still have unpleasant dreams about my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: hell.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
hell.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
4 years after break up I still have unpleasant dreams about my exboyfriend.

I often dream we are getting back together but I refuse later on or that he's with somebody else and she wants to hurt me. It's not so much dreaming that bothers me, it's just the aftermath of it. I spend the day kind of sad, like waiting for a mosquito bite to pass, till I forget about it.

Is this normal?
>>
>Is this normal?
Yeah but if you actually act on it then you are taking steps back instead of forward.
>>
>>16464925
what do you mean?
>>
>>16464927
>I often dream we are getting back together
If you chase up your ex boyfriend you will be back here complaining about how a dream has made you more miserable.
>It's been 4 years for god sake just let go.
>>
Wow what a coincidence.

I broke up with my ex gf 4 years ago.

I still dream about her...

I know the feel op :,(
>>
>>16464937
But I don't. He actually tried to get back together but I didn't want anything to do with him.
We live many hours apart now so I don't ever see him nor do we have friends in common.
My life completely changed, and I don't want him but I still dream of him.
You're telling me to let go, that's what I want. Teach me how
>>
>>16464945
>Teach me how
um you just did regardless.
>But I don't. He actually tried to get back together but I didn't want anything to do with him.
We live many hours apart now so I don't ever see him nor do we have friends in common.
My life completely changed, and I don't want him

You just answered your own question. Congratz
>>
>>16464944
:((

>>16464956
you're basically telling me I have let him go already, but then why do I still have these dreams of him?
>>
>>16464925
Seems reasonable
>>
>>16464961
> but then why do I still have these dreams of him?
Not the guy you're talking to, but I think a better question is why does it matter at all that you're having dreams of him?

I dream about getting chased on a South American temple side by rivers of people. So what? Dreams come, dreams go. Memories stick around a bit longer. So you still think of your ex. OK, think of him, let the thought come, and let the thought go.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you; this is just life sometimes. I think it's totally normal to still think of someone who was important to you at one point. I still think of my ex girlfriends and boyfriends and little girls I used to play doctor with as a kid. Doesn't mean I want to get back with those people, just that those moments were important to me. Life.
>>
>>16464961
It's normal okay. I have it about my ex because it was so serious we in print memories for comfort even if they are not good ones. It will pop up randomly just learn from it and carry on. Your other half has the same and everyone is the same on this.
>>
>>16464961
Closure probably. (Internet)
>>
>>16464990
Thanks, you're right. Maybe it's the whole "stop thinking about him" that makes me still remember him. Was just curious to know why the dreams took such a big toll on me, emotionally. Because I do get bummed the rest of the day.

>>16464991
Thanks! I hope so
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.