[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel awful, /adv/. I'm a few months into my first relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
I feel awful, /adv/. I'm a few months into my first relationship and am realizing a few things about myself that I never knew.

My girlfriend is the best woman anyone can ask for, but everytime she mentions a guy she liked in her past (just liked! She's never dated anyone besides me,) or casual comments about guys looking/dressing nice, I get sick with jealousy. I just woke up from a dream where we were in class and she sat next to a random stranger who was making small talk with her, and eventually turning into a convo about music, movies and whatnot-- and it disturbed me. Just her talking to guys irks me.

She's reassured me countless times that she loves me and won't do anything to hurt me, and I believe her. I only tell her about every other jealous spell I have so she thinks it's cute. She has no problem with stuff like this, even though I'm close friends with many girls. What's my problem? Why do I feel so vulnerable, threatened when other men approach my girl?

>inb4 beta
I know mang
>>
Help a kek out senpai
>>
Do you have low self-esteem or wonder why your girlfriend would possibly pick you out of all the other guys who are "better" than you?

Or do you say you trust her but deep down actually don't?
>>
>>16464799

Paranoia sucks m8, you have to make therapy or break up with her, this only get worse with time and will consume you.
>>
Apparently you have low self esteem. If you were fully confident in that you were a good partner and lover to her that satisfied her emotional and physical needs, you wouldn't sense competition from a guy trying to talk about movies with her.

Either way, there WILL come a day she'll stop finding this cute.
>>
>>16464839
First one.
>>
borderline personality disorder
>>
File: Silly_Dog_With_Garlic_on_Head.jpg (165 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Silly_Dog_With_Garlic_on_Head.jpg
165 KB, 768x1024
>>16465359
I don't know if i should tell her or not. She has her share of flaws too and always tells me about them, but I feel like this might change her opinion of me.

On the other hand, I'm worried what bottling this up might do
>>
>>16464799
Talk to her about it, tell her how you feel. Explain it to her as clearly as you can, type it out beforehand if you need to. Let her know that it's your fault not hers, and you simply can't help feeling that way, and it hurts you. Tell her you're sorry you get like that sometimes, and if you could fix it you would in a second.
Communication is key. If she really does love you, she'll support you.
>>
first relationship are like that 70 percent of the time m8. when she drops you, you'll get better
>>
firsts are mostly like that.

first of all do talk to her about it, and say it in a way that you want to fix it, but you need help maybe. don't constrain her with it or anything, but it seems like you're not like that.

try to cope with imagining stuff that makes you jelous of other guys. begin small, try to cope with that. start imagining worse things, all up but not to the point of her exualy cheating.
just training and preparing your mind man.
>>
>>16465408
>>16465449
Thanks guys. This sounds like the best way to deal with this.

I'm looking into low self-esteem help and wanna see if they work. I feel like it really is all to do with, 'I can't be perfect, she will meet this mr. Perfect then leave me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.