[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop giving a shit about a dumbass suicidal ex? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: kusipingu.gif (572 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
kusipingu.gif
572 KB, 450x338
How do you stop giving a shit about a dumbass suicidal ex?

I shouldn't care if he's gonna do it. I should be glad, but I'm not.
>>
Is he really suicidal, or just depressed and trying to get a rise out of you?

Some people say the craziest shit to get a reaction out of you.
>>
>>16464386
He's not saying anything but we're playing the guessing game again.

It's when he vaguely implies that something is wrong and then I have to guess what it is.

We were together for two years and he is yet to figure out that the whole "there's something I should probably tell you but you'll get mad so I'm not tellin'" is more infuriating than literally anything else he's ever said, done or thought about.

My guess is that he's either found something that he has concluded as my infidelity (which can easily be a 4chan post that he thinks is written in my writing style, which he claims to be able to recognise anywhere), or that he hasn't eaten for three days.

And for the life of me I can't get myself to not care.
>>
Why do you still talk to him?
If he's so awful, why don't you just do like my previous gf did and forget that he even exists.

Start asking "who is this?" every time he messages you.

If he asks you how you're doing just reply with
"I'm fine".
>>
>>16464423
The question is how to get myself to do that?

He's mentally stuck somewhere around 1998, and is doomed to repeat that year over and over. I don't know how to abandon him into that limbo again.
>>
>>16464427
Decide that you're done with this.
Move on.
Get focus on other things in life.

Maybe get another bf.
>>
>>16464427
How do you not get yourself to do that? You're complaining here and likely another 100 places yet for some reason you don't act. How do you find the energy to complain without acting? Just delete him from all your social pages and block his number. The only reason you'd actually suffer through this is because you want to, else you'd already have done that shit.
>>
>>16464431
>get a better bf

Not being able to do better than that was the reason I got together with him in the first place.

The choice has always been between him and dying alone.
>>
>>16464441
That's just your self confidence problems.

Maybe you should decide that it's better to be alone than being with this nuthead who does nothing but drain your energy.

You know that if you ever go back to him, it will be just the same. Guys don't change.
>>
>>16464435
>The only reason you'd actually suffer through this is because you want to

How do I make myself want better things?

I stuck my dick in crazy. This is my punishment.
>>
>>16464445
He's 31. I know he's too old to ever grow up by now. I'm not going to get back together with him.

The problem is how to make myself not care that he'll neglect himself to death.
>>
>>16464456
Ah, so you're a guy.
That's where the "maybe it will work eventually" thinking patterns, and the "die alone" patterns comes form.

Girls don't think like this after a breakup.
>>
>>16464492
I'm gay, ugly, and suffering from an alphabet soup of mental illnesses.

I'm not going to find anyone better than a 30-something ginger manchild.
>>
>>16464456
You sound like just the person who should read No More Mr. Nice Guy.
>>
>>16464498
Being staight is not always so easy either, as you've probalby realized from reading this board.
>>
>>16464501
Who's the author? I might find it somewhere.

Also, update: Apparently the shit I should be mad at is him doing dope. I'm not sure whether that means weed or heroin where he's from, but desu I think I don't care. That's progress, right?
>>
>>16464544
Robert Glover. It's easy to find "for free" on Google.
>>
>>16464553
Okay, thank you.

update #2: It's meth. My ex is doing meth.
>>
>>16464492
youre going to be okay, op, ypu can do better. i cant answer the question of how to make yourself not care, but try to get him to have healthier coping mechanisms, maybe see a therapist? and then slowly distance yourself from him until ties are cut. none of this is really your responsibility
>>
>>16464557
>>16464565
yeah, you can most definitely do better tbqh
>>
>>16464391
Do you get mad? Do you overreact?

Have you stopped to think you might be a cause of the problem too?
>>
>>16464381
It must be terrible to have that one tiny shred of humanity stuck inside you keeping you from being able to celebrate someone else's misery the way you want to.
>>
>>16464586
I'm 21. I'm too young to become a single father of a fucking addict.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.