[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like a complete loser when they go out with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1427808488680.jpg (57 KB, 641x773) Image search: [Google]
1427808488680.jpg
57 KB, 641x773
Anyone else feel like a complete loser when they go out with their friends?

"Christ, these people are so much more successful than me and having such a good time in life, why can't I?"

Every time I hear someone's accomplishment or what they plan on doing, I feel like a loser. I just feel insignificant.

I have a decent life. I have an ok job and my own place, but I don't really go out much. Most of the people I know really move forward in their careers, move out to new areas, or have some pretty awesome accomplishments.

And here I am, just average and alone.

How can I reconcile this?
>>
>>16463974
No, I don't fell that. But only because all my friends are losers, just like me. And when I have a friend that accomplished something in his career, I feel happy for it. You should charish your friends more. Expecting nothing back.

Do you feel alone? Look around you, everybody does. Go on a travel, alone. Meet new people. Give yourself a break.
>>
>>16464001
I'm pretty alone. I'm honestly a recluse who maybe goes out once a month. My friends are a lot more social and go places.

I have a tough time doing that honestly. I'd feel lost trying to go somewhere myself. I've done it before but I can never connect with people when I do it. I don't know if people ever like me or just pretend.

I rarely get invited to go anywhere by my friends so I think most people just don't end up liking me. I just got back from going out with them and feel like shit.
>>
Do good for yourself. It's the only way.
>>
>>16464028
Got it. Put yourself together, they're your friends, right? Talk to them about how you feel. They know you better, and should be able to help you surpass this.

At least you have and ok job and a place to live, and more than that, friends. If they're really your friends, they'll help you out.
>>
>>16464028
If nothing works out, search for help - medicine. Or a sport, a hobby, something to occupy your thoughs.
>>
>>16464049
I don't really like being open with family or friends. I've been open with therapists I've had in the past but that's it. I don't think my friends can ever help my emotional situation... they're more acquittances honestly, as they're not open with their personal lives either.

But I haven't had great experiences with therapists either so I have reluctance to find one. I'm just a huge fuckup honestly
>>
>>16464057
Well, you should be more open to people. You wouldn't know if your friends will help you if you don't talk to them. I'm not saying for you to be like a freak and starts to throw all your life and sorrows to them. But try to build a friendship with somebody.
>>
>>16464080
I've tried in the past but I can't be consistent with it. I can't see being open with somebody helping me honestly anyways, except maybe a therapist. Even if my friends or family say something positive or try to help me, I have a hard time discerning what's genuine or not. I quickly go back to believing whatever was in my head.
>>
>>16464092
I can see that. You can't even accept what I'm saying to you. Why should you, anyway? You don't know me, and you must think that I don't give a shit about you. But, your family and friends does. At least, they know you better.

Try this: get yourself a gf. Try to meet new people. Change. If you don't do anything, you'll be in this same situation. You have nothing to lose.
>>
>>16463974
Everybody thinks they are inferior, is not only you. They fake it and try to see the good things in their life and show it. That is how you generate interest in other people.
>>
>>16464057
Well I think you already know it but that means you don't really have friends, and that's the problem. They're acquaintances so of course you lack empathy to feel happy for them when they're doing good in life. Your choices are to make real friends or to improve your life so you don't feel like that anymore.
>>
>>16464099
I've honestly almost lost things in my current state of mind. I pushed my friends and family away so they almost never contacted me anymore. I've come extremely close to losing my job a couple of times due to not showing up. I don't know if being in this state of mind is healthy for any kind of relationship right now. I've been diagnosed with social anxiety at a hospital as well so I have a tough time approaching people, if at all.

>>16464100
For me, and I'm not sure why, I think of myself as being inferior to everyone around me. I can have a great job or a great place but I'll always think of something about that person that makes them better than me. Even a completely random stranger I've never talked to.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.