[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong board. I'm a 21yr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (991 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
991 KB, 2448x2448
Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong board.

I'm a 21yr old female student and cannot afford to go to the doctors until Tuesday. I'm in Australia and it's currently Sunday.

I have never had a wart before until recently when I got one on my middle finger. I used wart off paint for about a week but the throbbing pain was too much and a friend reccomended just ripping it off. I ripped it off like an idiot and there was ALOT of pus, practically flowing out. I used sanitised tweezers to pull out any black 'roots' I could see and have drenched it with antiseptic lotion and wrapped it up with some cotton wool and medical tape.

Does this look okay/is it infected/can it wait three days until I see a doctor? It's aching and throbbing with occasionally sharp pangs of pain...please help :(
>>
>>16462802

Yes, you'll be okay for 3 days. Unless red lines start spreading down your hand or arm. Otherwise it's at worst a localized infection. It hurts because yeah, of course it does. Look at it. That's going to hurt for some time.
>>
warts don't usually involve pus, so I don't know what you've done.
as it is in the picture I'd be comfortable waiting 3 days to see the doctor, but if the swelling or redness grows you should go to urgent care or whatever you have there.
do not do any more shit to try and not have a wart.
>>
>>16462802
It doesnt look at all infected, but while its fresh use hydrogen peroxide on it and scrub it with soap and water
Use neosporin for some pain relief and keep it aired when you can.
>>
Warts don't have roots, they're a viral infection and typically there's no cure beyond letting your immune system take care of it. You can remove the surface but if the infection is still there the war will only return.

They also don't make pus to my knowledge, so you may have something else. Stop mutilating yourself and see a doctor.
>>
>>16462820
>It doesnt look at all infected,
she said there was put and also are you fucking blind
>but while its fresh use hydrogen peroxide on it
it's not the 70s anymore and she's not trying to bleach her hair, so HO is not appropriate treatment
>and scrub it with soap and water
that would hurt so much and do so very little good
>Use neosporin for some pain relief
neosporin is great but pain relief is not a thing it does.
>>
>>16462802
Fuck that's nothing mate. Does look like you have picked at it a bit too much though. Leave it alone.
Whack a bit of savlon or betadine on the fucker and bandage it up. You'll be fine.
Might leave a little scar but you're young enough so should heal quick.

I was shot in the face. Internal and external stitches without anesthetic. No meds. All good. That's a mosquito bite in comparison.

If it gets worse post here and I'll arrange to send you $50 or whatever your local GP charges.
>>
Thanks everyone I'm feeling relieved, will leave it alone and just use betadine and bandage it up until Tuesday.

>>16462844
Sorry to hear you were shot in the face, hope the recovery is going/went wel.
Thank you also for the sweet offer but I could never accept :)
>>
>>16462802
expect it to scar some. will probably be pink for a good long while and then turn close to your skin color. won't be a very visible scar but yeah.

it looks fine, just keep disinfecting it.
>>
>>16462802

Geezus christ dude why would you mutilate yourself, fuck. That is at LEAST 2 or 3 skin layers deep.

Or however many there are, I'm not a fucking doctor.

But that shit looks bad.

And since it's so open like that, you will most likely get an infection within a short period.
>>
>>16462802

That literally looks like fucking nothing. Let it air at night when you sleep, apply neosporin and bandage during the day. In a few weeks it'll be healed
>>
That is perfectly fine to wait on. Keep it clean with warm water rinses, pat dry and change the bandage daily. Use acetaminophen to help with the pain; anything which thins the blood is not recommended for wound healing. Icing the area can also help.
>>
>>16462900
Don't use betadine. You're going to kill your human cells which are trying to heal the wound. Antibiotic ointment or plain "don't stick your hand into feces" are more than enough.
>>
wait I thought aus had free healthcare? idk but leaving any wound untreated is kinda bad, especially if it's of that size. please go see a doctor tonight if you can
>>
>>16463144
A bleeding or suppurating wound is bad if left untreated. If both the bleeding and pus have resolved, it's not an immediate danger.
>>
>>16462900
the fact that your feeling pains means something is wrong. how much will it set you back if you go today or tommorow? I wouldn't wait.
>>
Oh and for future reference OP, freezing is a very effective quick treatment for warts. They sell the kits at most...fuck, what do you people call pharmacies? Apothecaries? Medicine man stores? Witch doctor huts?

Point is, don't get that acid shit anymore. Chemists stock the little freeze spray cans.
>>
>>16462844
>arranging to give a random girl $50.
how beta can you get kek
>>
>>16463152
Pain is a totally expected result of a wound of that size and the attendant inflammation. You could do that to your own finger in a totally sterile environment and I promise that it would be painful enough to keep you awake at night for a day or two.
>>
>>16463158
Just a chemist mate.
>>
If you were really worried about it, you can ask a pharmacist if you should go to a doctor right away or if you can wait. If anything they can recommend what to put on it to stop pain in the mean time (if you can afford it).
>>
>>16462844
>being this thirsty
>>
>>16462802
Kitchen person here who has had many wounds on my hands that look very similar to what you're having trouble with. Although it's a wart that's been removed, it's no longer there. Right now you're dealing with the healing process. Conventional wisdom says to keep a bandaid on it. From someone who has delt with this sort of thing a million times I recommend using Neosporin frequently. You only have about one layer of skin on the wound. It needs neosporin but I do not reccomend keeping it moist with a bandage all day. Moistness breeds infections. Keep it covered in neosporin and bandaged only when you sleep(or need to protect it form heat or water). It will take about 3 weeks to heal completely. You'll be okay. You don't need to see a doc if you keep it sanitary with neosporin. hope you feel better!
>>
>>16462802
Don't you have medicare? Go to any bulk billing doctor and it's free. Some of them are even 24/7
>>
16463363 here,
it doesn't look infected. when more than 1 cm around the wound is red and hot to the touch it's infected. Even if it is, neosporin will clear it up within 2 day.
don't get antibiotics unless you're in severe pain. let your bodies natural healing process take place.

Neosporin will 100% prevent moist infections.
>>
File: 120px-Ageha-cho.svg.png (12 KB, 120x114) Image search: [Google]
120px-Ageha-cho.svg.png
12 KB, 120x114
Actually that doesn't look badly infected. Let it heal.
>>
>>16462802

Put your postcode in here and see if you can be bulk-billed for a doctor's visit to your door:

http://www.gp2home.com.au/

You're welcome.
>>
pee on it to keep it clean / sterile.
>>
>>16462802
> ausfag paramedic.

Looks like you've over used the wart removing system and what you did was kill all the surrounding tissue and then ripped it apart.

The pus was likely from the necrotic tissue breaking down. It doesn't look infected now but treat it with some Bactraban to make sure. Follow the directions. Savlon or Dettol crime aa an alternative.

If you cover it use a non stick dressing and don't wrap tightly. It's better being open whenever possible. Keep it dry and away from sources of infection like pets, gardening, etc.

If it gets hot to touch or has raised red edges, radiating red lines or a bad smell seek med attention ASAP. For pain relief just take paracetamol.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.