[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the best plan of action for breaking up with a SO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lzwph2IcUO1qaxtjio1_1280.jpg (310 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
lzwph2IcUO1qaxtjio1_1280.jpg
310 KB, 1024x1016
what's the best plan of action for breaking up with a SO you're living with?

so far i'm planning to find another apartment before i talk to him about breaking up so i can get out of there as soon as possible afterward, but living with him while i know i'm planning to break up is difficult and awkward. i'm not sure how else to handle it though
>>
Find a place to crash in the interim. Break up ASAP.
>>
>>16462485
there isn't one. It's gonna be painful, awkward, and sad. If you want to do it, you go through with it instead of leading him on any further.

I'm curious why you're breaking up though
>>
>>16462497

>I'm curious why you're breaking up though

idk what to say other than we're not working out anymore
>>
>>16462502
ok but I want to know why.

Your relationship is fucked either way, no hope to salvage it, so I'm not going to try convincing you. But I like knowing people's point of view for why it isn't working
>>
>>16462509

i know what a lot pushes a lot of buttons around here, and i'm pretty sure this will paint me as a hypergamist or social climber or leech or what have you. but whatever, fuck it.

basically our life goals are very different and it's making us incompatible imo. i'm looking at grad school in a year, he dropped of uni this year. there's little details but that's the main issue.
>>
>>16462523
Does he have any gameplan now that he's out of Uni? Like entering a trade instead or?
>>
>>16462535

no. he gets enough work to pay the bills and live etc. so that's about as far as he's planned
>>
>>16462523
So basically you are no longer attracted to him. Girls stop being attracted to their boyfriends, guys stop being attracted to their girlfriends, it happens. There are plenty of stories on here about guys dissatisfied with their current girlfriends because all they do is "sit home and not do anything" or whatever.

My advice is to you is that same as the guys that come here complaining about their girlfriends: once people become comfortable with replacing their partner instead of improving, the chances of them ever finding a suitable mate for marriage or family pretty much goes to zero
>>
>>16462562

i guess not. it took me a while to realize that i was hanging onto him in hopes he would snap out of it and change rather than hanging on to who he actually is.
>>
>>16462634
Thank god you're moving out before he realized who you actually are
>>
>>16462661

3/10
>>
>>16462678
you're leaving a guy who has a stable job and can pay the bills. You think going to grad school makes you so motivated and aspirational. It don't mean shit. You can't be honest and you say you just want different dick.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.