[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to never sleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 443x332
I want to find out how to never sleep. Is this possibly, what drugs do I take and what side effects are there.

Backstory:

Im a software developer.

I have 2 jobs, 1 , a day job and 2, my own company that I am running on the side line (starting to pick up now)

Ive been working late a lot this year, many nights going to bed at 2/3 AM working on personal projects and my own company and then waking up at 7 am to go to work (day job). Some nights I just go through the night. I have done this for about 50% of this year.

When I start to feel weak I drink bioplus (http://www.bioplus.co.za/Products_org.aspx) or turbovites http://www.turbovite.co.za/products/turbovite-syrups/ and if its really bad I start drinking monster https://mobile.monsterenergy.com/za/en/products/monster-energy/, but I try to avoid that.

I drink other pills on a daily basis, some of which include bio strath and ginko biloba + vitamin b + gin seng and fish oils.

Some days , I feel no difference if I had an all nighter vs a full nights rest. Or 4 hours of sleep vs 8.

So I thought to myself, if I cant really feel the difference most of the time, why not try and cut it out completely. I feel that sleep is just a waste of my time. However, I do still beleive its necessary, but not sure. I think I would still want to sleep 2 days a week aka 16 hours a week+-. Im 26 btw.

Help
>>
Don't do this. Seriously. Not sleeping for long enough will kill you. I'm not joking.
>>
The side effects are death moron.

Your body compensates for exhaustion by releasing catecholemines that make you feel awake and alert. Chronic sleep deprivation will almost certainty give you heart problems and increase your risk of getting a laundry list of diseases

It's common sense
>>
>>16462280
Thx, Ill take all the advice with an open mind. If its going to kill me, I wont, just trying to figure out if its possible without being "bad" for me.
>>
>>16462283
Alright easy there tiger.

Im just curious, not a moron, I know its bad for you.

Thx for the advice.
>>
>>16462259
amphetamines, tho they will only accelaerate your inevitable crash. humans have been sleeping forever, dont think you're the one to break this.
>>
>>16462259
>what side effects are there

Death. Long term sleep deprivation correlates pretty badly with early mortality and no one knows exactly why because the mechanism of sleep and its purposes are not fully understood. If you could just go and buy a can of Monster and some ginko biloba instead of spending a third of your lifetime being unconscious, people would probably already be doing it.
>>
nikola tesla sometimes worked for 80hrs straight by taking lite catnips sat in a chair for like 20 mins. you go right into REM after a while. trick is avoiding the "oh man sleep is fantastic" opiate like allure of it.

and btw, many overworked people have died from the simple combo of sleep dep + caffeine
>>
You could look into biphasic or poliphasic sleep routines. This way you can reduce the sleep you need to something around two hours, in the 'hardest mode'. But cutting out sleep completely will fuck your shit up beyond belief. You'll first get mood swings and become more aggressive, then you'll probably get spasms/seizures, hallucinations and you will collapse from sleep deprivation. If you don't you'll die. And even if you dont die you can do severe damage to yourself.
>>
how would one start sleeping in biphasic or poliphasic patterns?

anyone knows how to wake up easily? and sleep easily?
>>
>>16462259
It's not possible to live without resting your body at some point. There is one case of a man never sleeping, but even he took these weird half nap periods where he would sit in a chair and go almost into a hypnotic daze with his eyes half open. His body never went into what we consider a full deep sleep, but it nonetheless rested itself.

Besides the obvious health problems that come with not sleeping, the other problem is that your brain would have no time to rest and restore and file away the things you did during the day, or new memories you made. All that shit would just keep getting stacked up without ever getting a break. Try and imagine never dieing, and that's sort of what it would be like. Never having the chance to start over and never having anything ever seem new or fresh or mysterious again because you would feel like you've already seen it and done it all.

So even if you could never sleep, without a period of rest, you would eventually go insane.
>>
>>16462259
1-2 days without sleep will get you exhaustion fatigue and possibly muscle spasms
3-5 hallucinations, both auditory and visual. In some cases extreme paranoia.
5-8 your higher brain functions shut down and your organs slowly begin to fail
There have been hundreds of sleep studies looking into this. The body uses sleep as a time to repair damaged cells. Your cells are constantly damaged no matter how little you do, no sleep no repairs no repairs you die.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.