[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to wake up immediately when alarm clock rings? I usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0
How to wake up immediately when alarm clock rings? I usually turn it off and fall asleep again, but I have to wake up with no excuses in next days.
>>
1) Delete that pic because this is a worksafe board.
2) Put the alarm clock far away from your bed so that you have to walk over to it.
3) Put your toothbrush and toothpaste next to it. As soon as you turn it off, start brushing your teeth. By the time you're in the bathroom spitting and rinsing, you'll have lost the irresistible draw to return to bed.
>>
SFW board ya dingus

oh and set multiple alarms
>>
>>16462202
Very loud and put it far away from you.
>>
sorry guys for a pic (randomly select). Thanks for tips! But it not always work for me. I walk to the alarm, turn it off and then back to the bed...
>>
Put it some distance from your bed so you have to physically get up to turn it off. Beyond that, there's no simple trick that will stop you turning your alarm off and going back to your nice comfy bed if that's what you really want to do and you have no self-discipline.
>>
>>16462225
Then stop doing that you retard
>>
The secret: Sleep cycles. Use an app or a website to calculate when to go to sleep depending on when you want to get up. Try it, if it does not fit you can adjust it by + or - 20 minutes.

The other half is motivation. Tell yourself before falling asleep that you are just gonna stand up as soon as the alarm rings.

What I also do is I have a lamp with a timer in my room, goes on about 1h before my alarm. Super nice in winter when you have to get up in darkness.

- a guy who almost always wakes up one minute to a few seconds before his alarm
>>
>>16462235
how many hours do you sleep?
>>
You can buy an alarm clock that requires you solve a short puzzle or other cognitive task before it shuts off.
>>
>>16462235

Visualizing is a good idea like you suggested. I also wake up 5 min before my alarm always and I think I good part of it is that i visualize my morning as I'm going to sleep

Like "okay, I have to be there by 9, so I have to leave my 8:30, so I need breakfast by 8, to start getting ready at 7:30 and to be in the shower by 7, so I should get up by 6:30"

I also set my alarm to give me some extra time to hang out before I have to leave. I have a full day of work, school and study so it feels pretty hard to motivate myself if I know I get zero me time in a day. Getting up early and watching tv or whatever helps me feel more motivated to start my day.
>>
bump for intresting
>>
>>16462247
Usually a bit more than 6 hours, I try to sleep 7.5 though.
>>
I use LG's infamous a capella Good Morning song as my alarm tone. Ain't no sleeping through that: pure HATE will wake you up if nothing else does.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbiEESkyaeM
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.