[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Had a crazy busy couple of weeks >Saturday rolls around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1446672362866.jpg (42 KB, 720x522) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446672362866.jpg
42 KB, 720x522
>Had a crazy busy couple of weeks
>Saturday rolls around
>Everyone's out if the house all day today
>Girlfriend is out looking at a college
>Looks like I'm gonna have the afternoon to myself.
>Getting kinda hyped for it
>Girlfriend gets home a lot earlier than I expected.
>Asks to hangout
>Tell her the truth, that I was hoping just to have some me time this afternoon
>She gets really upset
>She tells me she was really looking forward to telling me about everything today.
>"Well, were hanging out tomorrow, we can talk about it then. Or if you want I can call you a little later tonight and talk about it."
>"K, whatever, I'll just call someone else."

Did I fuck up or is she overreacting?
>>
Over reacting for sure. It is exciting for her, and you probably understand that. But it's not bad to want a little time for yourself.
>>
>>16462051
>Did I fuck up
depends on how much you care how upset she is anon.

She'll probably remember this and be spiteful as fuck.
>>
>>16462056
And what I don't get why is waiting until tomorrow or a little later tonight to talk about it such a big deal.
>>
"I really do insist on talking about it later with you."
"No. I don't want to anymore. It doesn't matter that much, just have a nice night anon"

What do I do?
>>
>>16462079
Ignore her and don't fall for the trap
>>
It's not evident from your greentext that you actually weighed the two. Yes, you were telling the truth that you were hoping for me-time. But if you didn't pause for a second to weigh me-time against her wanting to talk about her trip, that would have been a fuckup.

On the whole I'm just not convinced that me-time is a rare and unique event. Her enthusiasm was only going to exist in that one moment in time. Yeah she can tell you about it tomorrow but it's not the same as having all of that energy and fresh experience from having just been there. I feel like if you had weighed the two, hanging out with her would have been a no-brainer. I'm not saying she's absolutely entitled to your time. I'm saying you could have arrived at the same conclusion as her yourself.
>>
She's being stupid and ruining your afternoon. Enjoy your alone time then maybe call her tonight. Don't stress or fall into her shit trap, man.
>>
>>16462126
Well I'm in college, and while classes aren't really time demanding atm, I do have to a job that eats up a lot of free time, plus homework. On top of spending time with her and maintaining my social life, there really isn't much me time anymore
>>
>>16462186
Not to diminish your freedom to keep your schedule as you like, but you used at least two different words/phrases to play down how truly little time you have. Plus there's flexibility inherent in your social life. All you'd have to do is make the exact same choice you did with your girlfriend this weekend, and it would be even easier to do with the smaller expectations which your friends would have of you. So either you're giving my argument the benefit of the doubt (which is nice) or you're fairly pointing out that you aren't THAT starved for me-time opportunities.

I think if you had said to yourself what you just wrote to me now, you might have concluded "Meh...I guess I'll make some time later."
>>
She was excited to tell you about her day and her thoughts
You wanted alone time to just chill out.

Neither of you are in the wrong.

If that happened to me, I would want my boyfriend to give me a forehead kiss or nice hug and say thank you for understanding and letting him have his me-time and that he wants to hear about my day. (You need to genuinely mean it.)

Best of luck OP.
>>
>>16462219
But how should I approach this now. She clearly isn't as understanding as you are though. I really do want to hear about her trip. Im just exhausted.
>>
>>16462253
> I really do want to hear about her trip. Im just exhausted

Tell her that.

I'd be miffed, but I'd eventually calm down and be fine. I'd say do something she really likes but you haven't done anything wrong, so you don't really need to apologize.
>>
She legit is refusing to talk to me. She just says "whatever" at any attempt i make to explain things to her.
>>
>She straight up told me not to call her tonight
>Literally just started bitching at me for not calling her.

Women
>>
>>16462664
Fuck man, that sucks.

I am >>16462219 - what I'd want my bf to do if I was miffed would be to him carry on as normal and eventually I'll calm down and want things back as normal.

Are there any past similar experiences you can use? Got a good close mutual friend to ask?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.